NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
    I have just made a new 4.15.3 branch available, featuring Flex, Flow, Volumetric Lightning and the latest version of HairWorks with MorphTarget.
    The various documentation and demo sample are also included.

https://github.com/MaximeDup/4.15.3-GameWorks
    Seems like neither me or my friend can access your branch, this is also without VXGI?

Comment

Originally posted by overfuze View Post
      Seems like neither me or my friend can access your branch, this is also without VXGI?
      VXGI isn't ready for production development in its current 4.15 state, in my humble opinion. I would suggest using 4.14.3 if you want to develop with VXGI.
      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

VXGI isn't ready for production development in its current 4.15 state, in my humble opinion. I would suggest using 4.14.3 if you want to develop with VXGI.
        Yes I agree with that, hopefully if it gets released for 4.16 it will have some bug fixes (translucent CPU particles mainly).

Comment

D a m n, you made me realize i had it wrong with Github the entire time while sharing private repo. link.

This link should work, given you've access to Nvidia Repo:
          https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...low-VolumLight

Could anyone confirm the link is working?
          Last edited by MaximeDupart; 05-26-2017, 05:43 AM.
          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Could anyone confirm the link is working?
            Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
              Yes it is
              Thanks Steve!

Comment

Thanks, bro.

Comment

Looks like i forgot to exclude some libraries from github yesterday. If you had downloaded it yesterday and failed to compile i can link you a file with the missing libs in PM.

Otherwise the repository has been updated wit the missing libs.

Comment

Looks like i forgot to exclude some libraries from github yesterday. If you had downloaded it yesterday and failed to compile i can link you a file with the missing libs in PM.

Otherwise the repository has been updated wit the missing libs.
                    I know you've mentioned VXGI doesn't work well in 4.15 multiple times. I'm using only the VXAO part of it at the moment, just want to check with you if you have by any chance already tried merging VXGI with your current "4.15.3 : Flex - HairWorks(MorphTarget support) - Nv Volumetric Light - NvFlow" build? If they can work together, I'll merge VXGI with your shared build and hope for the best . Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post
                      I know you've mentioned VXGI doesn't work well in 4.15 multiple times. I'm using only the VXAO part of it at the moment, just want to check with you if you have by any chance already tried merging VXGI with your current "4.15.3 : Flex - HairWorks(MorphTarget support) - Nv Volumetric Light - NvFlow" build? If they can work together, I'll merge VXGI with your shared build and hope for the best . Cheers.
                      I have a 4.15.1 outdated (flex and flow aren't up to date in it) which include VXGI, so it's possible. The small project with Star Citizen ships i talked about a couple post above was made using this branch.

User Bluearc actually reached out to me yesterday about the new HairWorks branch that included a couple fixes and the MorphTarget support. Therefore i made this 4.15.3 branch yesterday using the most up to date 4.15 branch from Epic Game, and Nvidia branches.
                      I also wanted some backup on Github in case i want to play around with GameWorks.

I might actually push a seperate branch which include VXGI (and a tesselation fix i submitted to Nvidia github by pull request, but hasn't been merged).
                      Also i would assume VXAO is also impacted by the current issues.
                      Last edited by MaximeDupart; 05-26-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Hi!

[question] is there a way to migrate fluidworks into UE4 16? or do you have to download a special version of UE4 with fluidworks integrated? I notice i have multiple versions of UE4 taking up 50 gbs of space, one with Flex support one without it. Maybe Nvidia could add Flex features to UE4's marketplace, for simpler project integration purposes. and then Nvidia could update the features on their marketplace page.
                        Last edited by SyberBlade; 05-26-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Two things:
                          First, I found another null pointer reference in WaveWorks branch resulting in "Fatal error" on loading project. To fix it just replace lines 175-187 of file Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\WaveWorksRender.cpp with this code:
                          Code:
                          float YAxisMultiplier = 1.0f;

if (WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture != nullptr) {
                          	FIntPoint RenderTargetSize(WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture->GetSurfaceWidth(), WaveWorks->ShoreLineDistanceFieldTexture->GetSurfaceHeight());
                          	if (RenderTargetSize.X > RenderTargetSize.Y)
                          	{
                          		// if the viewport is wider than it is tall
                          		YAxisMultiplier = RenderTargetSize.X / (float)RenderTargetSize.Y;
                          	}
                          }
                          I have already made pull request on Nvidia repository.

Second, if anyone is still interested in 4.15.1 then I have created a fork of Nvidia repository with UE 4.15.1 branch having merged:
                          - HairWorks
                          - WaveWorks
                          - FleX
                          - VXGI
                          - Volumetric Lighting
                          - Flow
                          all together and is available here: https://github.com/lukaszPJATK/UnrealEngine
                          Feel free to use it

Comment

[MENTION=770367]LukaszPJWSTK[/MENTION] thank you, its working perfectly.

Comment

Appears most of Nvidia Flow plugin was not properly uploaded to Github on my merged branch. I've just commited the missing files and it should work fine now.
                              Downloading now to check for myself

Comment

Guys I need help. I cannot integrate waveworks into UE4. Any step by step guides or videos?

Comment

Working...
                                X