Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VItorEAFeliciano View Post
    Hey,

Yu can normally checkout branch, readme branch, no problemo, just switch git branch to Flex git branch version with git
    https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/19,
    https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-B...ng-and-Merging,
    I'm using tortoise git for this part of job, easy to switch.
    Thanks for trying to help. The problem is that nvidia put specific instructions in the readme for the flex branches, and I think when they updated the readme to reflect the change to default branch they didnt update it properly (or I have gone crazy lol).

Here is the relevant part of the instructions in the Flex 4.15 branch readme:

Special instructions for FleX branch:

1. git clone https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git
    2. You should now be on the NVIDIA-README branch. Run setup.bat. You can now run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, build UE4, run it, etc.
    3. git branch -t FleX-4.15.0 origin/FleX-4.15.0
    4. git checkout FleX
    5. GenerateProjectFiles.bat
    6. Open .sln, build UE4.
    7. Run UE4 Editor, open the FleX test project.
    I think that step 2 is wrong, and also step 4 has a mistake.

For step 2 to work, I have to checkout some branch before I try to run setup.bat. I didnt know which branch this should be, but I am presently trying a build by trying 'git checkout FleX' before running setup.bat.

For step 4 I think the command should actually be git checkout FleX-4.15.0

Please someone tell me if I am right or not to suggest these alterations to the instruction. I am in the middle of building code obtained using my modified instructions so I'm not fully sure if I got it right yet! I know this is simple stuff compared to people merging different branches together etc but I was thrown off because I tried to follow the readme instructions to the letter instead of figuring it out for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
      Thanks for trying to help. The problem is that nvidia put specific instructions in the readme for the flex branches, and I think when they updated the readme to reflect the change to default branch they didnt update it properly (or I have gone crazy lol).

For step 2 to work, I have to checkout some branch before I try to run setup.bat. I didnt know which branch this should be, but I am presently trying a build by trying 'git checkout FleX' before running setup.bat.

Please someone tell me if I am right or not to suggest these alterations to the instruction. I am in the middle of building code obtained using my modified instructions so I'm not fully sure if I got it right yet! I know this is simple stuff compared to people merging different branches together etc but I was thrown off because I tried to follow the readme instructions to the letter instead of figuring it out for myself.
      I just followed the normal track + pull instruction and got Flex working. You can check out my merged build and see if anything helps?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
        Put all that stuff in blueprints that spawn a grid right before it needs it at the actor's location. Seems to work pretty well in my testing. And, of course, it'll work even better once Flow is updated to support moving grids that you can just have following the player around for something like a flamethrower.
        Wow, thanks for the tip, i'll check this out immediately!
        LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post

I think these instructions are indeed out of date and incorrect. It should be simply enough to check out the FleX-4.15.0 branch (or whatever version you are interested in) and build as normal. I've removed these steps from the read me, apologies for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post
            Hi guys, thanks to [MENTION=247937]GeneralD[/MENTION] helpful instructions, I've managed to merge VXGI+Flex+Hairworks in 4.15, however in my next step of merging Volumetric Lighting, when compiling I've got the "Couldn't find module rules file for module 'VXGI'." from "ShaderCompileWorker D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1". I've checked and all conflicts are resolved. Could anyone shred some light of what I'm missing here please? Thank you!
            Answering my own question. Although it looks like the problem is with VXGI, it's actually about NvVolumetricLighting.Build.cs not at the right location. I've followed [MENTION=124709]VItorEAFeliciano[/MENTION] comment and it's compiling now.
            "Move '\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\NvVolumetricLighting.Build.cs' to '\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\GameWorks\NvVolumetricLighting\NvVolumetricLighting.Build.cs', regenerate projects."

Comment

Originally posted by sieumeo View Post
              I just followed the normal track + pull instruction and got Flex working. You can check out my merged build and see if anything helps?
              Thanks very much. I will try your branch later today, I'm rather excited about it

Comment

Originally posted by Miles.Macklin View Post
                I think these instructions are indeed out of date and incorrect. It should be simply enough to check out the FleX-4.15.0 branch (or whatever version you are interested in) and build as normal. I've removed these steps from the read me, apologies for the confusion.
                Thanks for acknowledging the problem and removing the confusing instructions. No worries, it was a good opportunity for me to learn more about git!

Comment

[MENTION=485316]sieumeo[/MENTION]
                  Hi and thank you for giving the link to your VXGI+Hairworks+flex+Flow build.
                  Unfortunatly for me it gives errors at compiling (when building UE4) and i'm not qualified to resolve it...

I'm gonna wait and pray for other future releases to work for me.

Have a nice day !

Comment

Im having an issue with WaveWorks. Managed to merge VXGI-4.15 and WaveWorks, and while the WaveWorks project opens, when I create a new project and copy the files to the new project, I'm getting the following error:

Assertion failed: (*WaveWorksRT)->GetRengerTargetItem().TargetableTexture->GetClearColor()==FLinearColor::Black;

This line of code is in the D:\Unreal_Gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess folder in the file SceneRenderTargets.cpp at line 1368.

Has anyone come across this problem? Perhaps I'm doing something very wrong. New to attempting working w/ Nvidia's github and it's possible I'm not creating the projects correctly.

Comment

Here is a more detailed description of the error:

Fatal error: [File:\Unreal_Gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 796]
                      Rendering thread exception:
                      Assertion failed: (*WaveWorksRT)->GetRenderTargetItem().TargetableTexture->GetClearColor() == FLinearColor::Black [File:\Unreal_Gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess\SceneRenderTargets.cpp] [Line: 1368]

KERNELBASE.dll!0x0000000007B53C58
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:120]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:70]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!FSceneRenderTargets::BeginRenderingWaveWorks() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\scenerendertargets.cpp:1369]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderWaveWorks() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1758]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderTranslucency() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1630]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1339]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1731]
                      UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`21'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:883]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:954]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:701]
                      UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:325]
                      UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:459]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
                      UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [d:\unreal_gameworks\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:33]
                      KERNEL32.DLL!0x000000000AFC8364
                      ntdll.dll!0x000000000B3970D1
                      ntdll.dll!0x000000000B3970D1

Has anyone ever run into this problem before? It's very likely that I'm not properly creating a new project.
                      Last edited by silentspartan; 05-05-2017, 09:58 AM. Reason: duplicate post - editing for more detialed error message

Comment

I'm being stuck at merging Volumetric Lighting into my current VXGI+Hairworks+Flex+Flow branch, most of the syntax error come from "\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp" which is weird because there's no changes there. If anybody has the same problem I'd love to get some tip .
                        Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1237
                        Error (active) no instance of function template "GetConeTracingPixelShader" matches the specified type UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1207
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1233
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1234
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1235
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1238
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1240
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1241
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1243
                        Error (active) this declaration has no storage class or type specifier UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1244
                        Error (active) expected a ';' UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1244
                        Error (active) expected a declaration UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1246
                        Error (active) identifier "ProcessVxgiVoxelizationMeshForForwardShading" is undefined UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1319
                        Error (active) identifier "FDrawVXGIVoxelizationStaticMeshAction" is undefined UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1330
                        Error (active) identifier "ProcessVxgiVoxelizationMeshForForwardShading" is undefined UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1422
                        Error (active) TBasePassPixelShaderPolicyParamType is not a template UE4 d:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.h 1144
                        Error C2143 syntax error: missing ',' before '<' UE4 d:\unreal\engine\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\VxgiRendering.h 947
                        Error C2143 syntax error: missing ',' before '<' UE4 d:\unreal\engine\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\VxgiRendering.h 996
                        Error C2061 syntax error: identifier 'TBasePassPixelShaderPolicyParamType' UE4 d:\unreal\engine\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\VxgiRendering.h 1134
                        Error C2061 syntax error: identifier 'TBasePassPixelShaderPolicyParamType' UE4 d:\unreal\engine\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\VxgiRendering.h 1144
                        Error C2143 syntax error: missing ',' before '<' UE4 d:\unreal\engine\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\VxgiRendering.h 1147
                        Error C2912 explicit specialization 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader<FUniformLightMapPolicy>(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,FUniformLightMapPolicy *,TBasePassPixelShaderPolicyParamType<FUniformLightMapPolicyShaderParametersType> *&)' is not a specialization of a function template UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1247
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1216
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1216
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1219
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1219
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1222
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1222
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1224
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1224
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1226
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1226
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1228
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1228
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1230
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1230
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1233
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1233
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1236
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1236
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1239
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1239
                        Error C2672 'GetConeTracingPixelShader': no matching overloaded function found UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1242
                        Error C2780 'void GetConeTracingPixelShader(const FVertexFactory *,const FMaterial &,LightMapPolicyType *)': expects 3 arguments - 4 provided UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\VxgiRendering.cpp 1242
                        Error Failed to produce item: D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OculusRift\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-OculusRift.pdb UE4 D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
                        Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                          I might have a stupid question but... how do you cast shadow on the volumetric smoke ? Or is it only self shadowing?
                          The more i think of it, the more i think i'm gonna struggle making flow work in my game. Wanted to use it for smoke grenades, flamethrowers, smoke effects from characters and once a couple guns have fired.
                          But it all needs to be inside flow grids, i assume i could place a couple grid on my level but i might end up with quite a lot and grid intersection will probably mean visual glitches.

If you've any suggestion for a team based multiplayer game, i'm listening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139451[/ATTACH]

I made this small downloadable scene using some Nvidia volumetric light and a couple flow emitters straight from flame demo for a ship engine, in which you can notice NvFlow conflicting with the sea.

Should be possible to resolve the NvFlow/sea conflict by setting 'Translucency Sort Priority' so that the fire always renders on top of the sea.

Casting shadows onto the smoke will likely be added with a later release. The current self-shadowing is very self-contained, will require deeper engine interaction to receive and cast shadows with everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                            Put all that stuff in blueprints that spawn a grid right before it needs it at the actor's location. Seems to work pretty well in my testing. And, of course, it'll work even better once Flow is updated to support moving grids that you can just have following the player around for something like a flamethrower.
                            Just updated GitHub branch with moving grid support. Also includes refactored emitter substepping.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew.Reidmeyer View Post
                              Just updated GitHub branch with moving grid support. Also includes refactored emitter substepping.
                              Excellent

I dont mind admitting that Flex and Flow, and the work to integrate them with UE4 strongly influenced my decision to buy a 1080ti, mostly for VR and non-game stuff running on rigs that I can control the spec of and thus go overboard with these great simulations

Comment

Problems with VRWorks and Flow Integration

Hi folks

After following the excellent build guide from [MENTION=247937]GeneralD[/MENTION], I was able to integrate the Flow and VRWorks branches with relatively trouble and get a clean build with no compilation errors.
                                So I thought that all was well, unfortunately this is not the case...

When I enable any of the VRWorks options all of the Flow emitters that I place within a level appear to be very glitchy and unpredictable.

Also when I turn on either LMS or MRR options the Flow emitter is displaced within the level.

For example:

vr.MultiResRendering = 0

Everything is good:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	774.3 KB
ID:	1127332

vr.MultiResRendering = 3

The Flow emitter is displaced:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	859.2 KB
ID:	1127335

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or have any suggestions for a fix?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X