NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zxyra
    When I try to access the GitHub via the link https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine, I get a 404 not found... was it removed?

These links only work when you have set your github account up with Epic in order to get UE4 source code.

https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Comment

Originally posted by Swartz27 View Post
      @ Nvidia peeps:

I would very much like to be able to use VXGI and VXAO at the same time. I know it must be possible as I remember that AHR, which is the same thing basically, managed to do this. Just putting that in as a feature request.
      VXGI comes with several options for Ambient Occlusion. They are all present in the Post Process Volume's settings tab.
      Or is VXAO something different?

Comment

Originally posted by buzzdx View Post
        VXGI comes with several options for Ambient Occlusion. They are all present in the Post Process Volume's settings tab.
        Or is VXAO something different?
        VXAO is different. You have to choose either VXGI or VXAO, currently you can only use one at a time.

Comment

The All in One Gameworks and other things, I'm working and moving to an UE 4 promoted repo. This it to helping my getting the things updated more frequently and I will work hard tho make this promoted repo binary compatible with EPIC binarys releases. This to we can use the marketplace plugins and assets with this.

For UE 4 releases fixes I need to research the releases with the promoted repo.

It will be amazing if NVIDIA GameWorks Team, can update Waveworks cudart libs to CUDA 8.0, with this updated we can compile both UE with Waveworks and FleX for CUDA, with no runtimes troubles whatsoever.

I will love test and integrate the Turbulence with UE 4, but the NVIDIAGameWorks/PhysX-3.4 repo binary Turbulence and PhysX GPU accelerated libs are compiled as static lib, and with's not compatible to use with UE 4. If NVIDIA GameWorks Team can share with US one binary with the APEX modules and accelerated GPU libs compiled as dynamic lib. I will freaking-out adding this to the repo, to test-out GPU accelerated PhysX and APEX modules.
          Made some NVIDIAGameworks PhysX repo projects modification to compile for dynamic lib. chek-out here. If some-one wants to play a little with PhysX, but not working for GPU accelerated and Turbulence GPU APEX modules.

Some things I have seen in the code will adding VRWorks, some VXGI effects and SSAO, VXAO, VolumetricLighting as HairWorks, it will not work properly in VR, without adding VRWorks support in UE 4 code for this affected integrations.

I will make an eye in VRFunHouse, to see the changes for HairWorks for VR and VXGI, but it will be some of the last things I will do or if I really going to do-it.

No promises to release-it this Month.
          Last edited by KradMoonRa; 04-24-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I'm new to both UE4 and NVIDIA GameWorks and I would like to ask if Turbulence is still maintained? If yes, when we could expect an update of Turbulence branch to 4.15? If no, is it true that Flow is successor of Turbulence and I should move to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Swartz27 View Post
              VXAO is different. You have to choose either VXGI or VXAO, currently you can only use one at a time.
              It seems that I misread the settings, they are Named Ambient and not Ambient Occlusion.
              After reading on https://developer.nvidia.com/vxao-vo...ient-occlusion I did a quick test. And yes, if you enable r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode the diffuse lighting part
              of VXGI disappears. However I was still able to get an AO effect, but I am not sure where it comes from.

Edit: In both images, r.AmbientOcclusionMode is set to 0

In this image you can see the pitch black areas. I removed the skylight to make it visible. VXGI Ambient Setting is deactivated.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	demo1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1126902

In the next image the Ambient Setting is activated with color set to white. You can see that in the corner it shows the typical occlusion effect of AO.
              NOTE that both HBAO+ as well as UE4's SSAO are turned off/set to 0.

Name:	demo2.jpg
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	1126903

Where does this come from?
              Last edited by buzzdx; 04-27-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I might have a stupid question but... how do you cast shadow on the volumetric smoke ? Or is it only self shadowing?
                The more i think of it, the more i think i'm gonna struggle making flow work in my game. Wanted to use it for smoke grenades, flamethrowers, smoke effects from characters and once a couple guns have fired.
                But it all needs to be inside flow grids, i assume i could place a couple grid on my level but i might end up with quite a lot and grid intersection will probably mean visual glitches.

If you've any suggestion for a team based multiplayer game, i'm listening.

Name:	xJ6Q3JDm.jpg
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1127201

I made this small downloadable scene using some Nvidia volumetric light and a couple flow emitters straight from flame demo for a ship engine, in which you can notice NvFlow conflicting with the sea.

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 05-02-2017, 04:03 PM.
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hi guys, thanks to [MENTION=247937]GeneralD[/MENTION] helpful instructions, I've managed to merge VXGI+Flex+Hairworks in 4.15, however in my next step of merging Volumetric Lighting, when compiling I've got the "Couldn't find module rules file for module 'VXGI'." from "ShaderCompileWorker D:\Unreal\Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1". I've checked and all conflicts are resolved. Could anyone shred some light of what I'm missing here please? Thank you!

Comment

@Sieumeo,
                    Hi !
                    I'm sorry i canno't help you with your problem. I was just wondering if you planed to release your build on github ?
                    I'm actually waiting for VItorEAFeliciano release wich looks very promising but in the meantime it would be great to have your version. Actually i'm using a 4.14.3 VXGI+hairworks.
                    If you agree to share, can you please put a link on the forum ?
                    Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by gonzohot View Post
                      @Sieumeo,
                      Hi !
                      I'm sorry i canno't help you with your problem. I was just wondering if you planed to release your build on github ?
                      I'm actually waiting for VItorEAFeliciano release wich looks very promising but in the meantime it would be great to have your version. Actually i'm using a 4.14.3 VXGI+hairworks.
                      If you agree to share, can you please put a link on the forum ?
                      Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards
                      Sure I've pushed my fork to https://github.com/sieumeo/UnrealEngine. Currently I have VXGI/Hairworks/Flex/Flow working. I'm working to have Volumetric Lighting integrated as well. Hope it helps.

Comment

[MENTION=247937]GeneralD[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for the build guide! It is super helpful

I followed the steps you outlined and was able generate a custom build including Flow and VRWorks in around 90 minutes (I got lucky on the merge - only one conflict).
                        So far everything seems to be working just fine.
                        Last edited by andrewl0; 05-05-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I used to understand how to use git to do the special steps necessary for the FleX branch to stop files being overwritten when running setup.bat.

However I can no longer make the instructions work as written. The instructions now acknowledge that the default branch is the NVIDIA-README branch, but they dont tell me to change branches before running setup.bat and the readme branch doesnt have the setup.bat or any other files apart from the readme! So I fall down at the first hurdle.

So, what branch am I supposed to checkout before running setup.bat and then going onto checkout a flex branch? Or have I made some other error in my thinking on this one?

Same sort of question to [MENTION=485316]sieumeo[/MENTION], if I am interested in one of your branches that has FleX and other stuff merged, how am I supposed to get the party started without overwriting anything that FleX needs?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
                            I used to understand how to use git to do the special steps necessary for the FleX branch to stop files being overwritten when running setup.bat.

However I can no longer make the instructions work as written. The instructions now acknowledge that the default branch is the NVIDIA-README branch, but they dont tell me to change branches before running setup.bat and the readme branch doesnt have the setup.bat or any other files apart from the readme! So I fall down at the first hurdle.

So, what branch am I supposed to checkout before running setup.bat and then going onto checkout a flex branch? Or have I made some other error in my thinking on this one?

Same sort of question to [MENTION=485316]sieumeo[/MENTION], if I am interested in one of your branches that has FleX and other stuff merged, how am I supposed to get the party started without overwriting anything that FleX needs?

Thanks!
                            Hey,

Yu can normally checkout branch, readme branch, no problemo, just switch git branch to Flex git branch version with git
                            https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/19,
                            https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-B...ng-and-Merging,
                            I'm using tortoise git for this part of job, easy to switch.
                            Last edited by KradMoonRa; 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by VItorEAFeliciano View Post
                              Think I will finish UE4.15 Gameworks integration with all or Turbulence off, and with AMD LiquidVR, and some fixes and improves. This weekend.
                              I will post and share compiled one, because I don't have Graphics for VR, but one OSVR hacker dev kit in standby till I can afford new PC for VR.
                              I will make it version compatible with Epics Binary release as well, to support UE market plugins and assets.

Added:
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Gameworks:
                              -
                              CataclysmDemo Yes
                              FleX Yes
                              Flow Yes
                              HairWorks Yes
                              HBAO+ updated to the last version Yes
                              Turbulence Yes or No ?
                              Volumetric Lighting Yes
                              VRWorks Yes
                              VXGI Yes
                              WaveWorks Yes
                              --------------------------------------
                              AMD LiquidVR and updated Yes
                              --------------------------------------
                              With Simplygon ready Yes
                              ------
                              LIBS:
                              NVIDIA AnselSDK updated Yes
                              Steamworks 139 updated Yes
                              NVIDIA API R378 updated Yes
                              AMD AGS_SDK updated Yes
                              Intel TBB 2017 version updated Yes
                              PhysX-3.4 updated Yes or No ? (dependency for Turbulence)
                              Vulkan updated Yes
                              FBX 2017.1 Yes
                              Windows 10 SDK 10.0.14393.0 working in this, i have failed before but already know why! Importing some knows from Microsoft.
                              Cleaning VXGI macro predefs, that in packaged builds has conflits.
                              So always with VXGI in compile time.
                              And NO: Win32, HTML5, Mac, Android, IOS, TVOS, Linux, PS4, XboxOne, Switch, builds.
                              Only for Win64 builds. This for all the UE4.15 compile time and builds.

I cant afford killing my time trying to debug like crazy UHT for others platforms.

shout some names for 'Community Edition' for in editor an release build, like 'GPU Fanatic's Community Edition' or ? shout here...
                              Hello everyone. Newbie here. Have been following this thread recently and also kind of new to unreal engine. But having started playing with it, I must say am impressed and trying to get up to speed like the rest of you. Things have been quiet on this thread for some days now, but I would like to ask VItorEAFeliciano how he is doing with the gameworks all in one merge for 4.15. Am sure a lot of people are holding their breadth waiting for it including me. You are well appreciated for the effort.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                                The more i think of it, the more i think i'm gonna struggle making flow work in my game. Wanted to use it for smoke grenades, flamethrowers, smoke effects from characters and once a couple guns have fired.
                                But it all needs to be inside flow grids, i assume i could place a couple grid on my level but i might end up with quite a lot and grid intersection will probably mean visual glitches.
                                Put all that stuff in blueprints that spawn a grid right before it needs it at the actor's location. Seems to work pretty well in my testing. And, of course, it'll work even better once Flow is updated to support moving grids that you can just have following the player around for something like a flamethrower.

Comment

Working...
                                X