No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys can anyone confirm strange behavior with VXGI and Planar Reflection actor (Planar reflections not catching any shadows and GI)

https://gyazo.com/6bb2de9b08839186c12d5e81f532a573

https://gyazo.com/153ba127635aeacf813d09f46a276ab0

Comment

The most stable VXGI is on 4.14.3 right now. On 4.15.X there's some black magic happening, involving the usage of 'computevisibility' in vxgirendering.cpp .
      All sprites, dynamic mesh, gets corrupted and are either disappearing or glitching all over the screen.
      It seems to all come from there?! Not quite sure tbh.
      Need to dive quite a bit into the implementation of VXGI to figure it all out i'm afraid.

On video below, which is VXGI/Volumetric light, you can see all the water effects, smoke, fire effects are all gone and there's artefacts and glitches visible:

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 04-16-2017, 07:11 PM.
      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Does anyone know how to get all those to just one UE4 thing.. please help me... (i dont wanna use Galaxyone15 thing) its old... so anyone?

Comment

[MENTION=649466]Maxime.Dupart[/MENTION] oh yeah I have seen some of my geometry dissapearing which was really strange. I fixed the particles just by converting them into GPU particles. Anyways I have encountered a bug in my branch while using Volumetric Lighting and Depth of Field which I guess is because Volumetric Lighting is blended on top of everything, but it actually should be below stuff like Depth of Field.

https://gyazo.com/b8d6b204fa25cf518dde259d084d81fd (VL off)

https://gyazo.com/6f038945d05b19f7cd9ca2d46c3066ce (VL on)

Can anyone confirm if this is also a bug in original Volumetric Lighting branch?

Comment

Originally posted by overfuze View Post
            [MENTION=649466]Maxime.Dupart[/MENTION] oh yeah I have seen some of my geometry dissapearing which was really strange. I fixed the particles just by converting them into GPU particles. Anyways I have encountered a bug in my branch while using Volumetric Lighting and Depth of Field which I guess is because Volumetric Lighting is blended on top of everything, but it actually should be below stuff like Depth of Field.

https://gyazo.com/b8d6b204fa25cf518dde259d084d81fd (VL off)

https://gyazo.com/6f038945d05b19f7cd9ca2d46c3066ce (VL on)

Can anyone confirm if this is also a bug in original Volumetric Lighting branch?
            It appears i can reproduce the DoF issue, need to check further.
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hello,

I'm currently using Flow for my fire/smoke effect and I'm looking to achieve a wind effect where the fluid simulates the push of an object. It does the pull effect if you have an object that goes through it though.
              Like in this video .
              Here you can see the one with the waver pushing the smoke back.

The way I was thinking was to add a blueprint to this and send collision meshes out that disappear after a while but this is very inconvenient. Does anybody have another solution?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FlowEmitterVelocityDrag.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1126655

It is possible to create velocity only emitters. This particular configuration creates a wind effect when combined with a large sphere or box overlapping with a fire emitter.

The key to velocity only is to set the Smoke/Temperature/Fuel Masks to 0.0. For wind, it is recommended to set Allocation Scale to 0.0, since the wind effect is only visible where the fire emitter is active. Note, the couple rate is set low in this case to create a drag effect, which allows the general drift without stomping on the fire emitter.

This same system can be applied to a fan, by having a smaller emitter region that varies the velocity in the blueprint based on the fan movement.

Comment

Originally posted by olek View Post
                  hello Andrew.Reidmeyer ,

is it possible to some how generate a grid which has smaller cells in the center and to the outside bigger cells? so we have a greater resolution from the outside of the grid to the Center. thx
                  This is not currently supported, but may be added in the future. There is added complexity that will harm total performance if not done properly, and consistency of behavior cannot be fully preserved as resolution drops, simply because there is less information.

Comment

Regarding the VXGI particle problems,

I did a quick test with my current build which is 4.15.1 with the latest changes from the NVidia branches of Volumetric Lighting and VXGI, and can confirm that particles set to Translucent, Masked or Additive will just vanish when enabling VXGI. I couldn't reproduce the scattering / jumping around the screen effect, the particles just vanish.

Any news on this subject?

Comment

Hi, I have a feature request to the Gameworks team, I have animated a animal using the Flex soft body rig system shown here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-soft-body-rig thanks to the instruction by [MENTION=97779]DivideByZero[/MENTION]. Unfortunately, the model is also furred using Hariworks but, after reading earlier posts in this thread it seems Hairworks is directly rigged to the bone and it is why morph targets/blenshapes do not work with Hairworks and Flex is essentially creating realtime procedural morphs. As such, could you create a Hairworks system that can take into account a meshes' deformation? Having the Flex's motion cause Hairworks to react would simply be a incredible sight. Finally, I am using UE4.14.3 with VXGI+Flex+Hairworks thanks to [MENTION=649466]Maxime.Dupart[/MENTION]. Anyhow, thank you very much to the Gameworks team for the awesome work at bringing gaming visuals to the next level!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew.Reidmeyer View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]137829[/ATTACH]

It is possible to create velocity only emitters. This particular configuration creates a wind effect when combined with a large sphere or box overlapping with a fire emitter.

The key to velocity only is to set the Smoke/Temperature/Fuel Masks to 0.0. For wind, it is recommended to set Allocation Scale to 0.0, since the wind effect is only visible where the fire emitter is active. Note, the couple rate is set low in this case to create a drag effect, which allows the general drift without stomping on the fire emitter.

This same system can be applied to a fan, by having a smaller emitter region that varies the velocity in the blueprint based on the fan movement.
                        Thank you, I didnt know you could create a velocity only emitter. I'll try this in my current setup.

Comment

Hi, where i can find WaveWorks asset in editor?

Comment

Flow test.

Comment

@ Nvidia peeps:

I would very much like to be able to use VXGI and VXAO at the same time. I know it must be possible as I remember that AHR, which is the same thing basically, managed to do this. Just putting that in as a feature request.

Comment

When I download waveworks branch and build Ue4 in vs2015, such errors occured. Can someone tell me what happend and how to fix it, thank you anyway!
                                Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                                Error CS1061 'ProjectImportExportInfo' does not contain a definition for 'ManifestName' and no extension method 'ManifestName' accepting a first argument of type 'ProjectImportExportInfo' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 384 Active

Error CS0118 'ProjectInfo' is a variable but is used like a type AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 319 Active

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'ProjectStepInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) AutomationScripts.Automation C:\download\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\UnrealEngine-WaveWorks\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\Localisation.Automation.cs 322 Active

Comment

Working...
                                X