NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KlausT View Post
    Whenever I edit a material that has "Used with Vxgi Voxelization" activated every little change results in a shader recompilation that takes ~1min to finish.
    It is really difficult to tweak materials this way. Is this supposed to be normal?
    It is a known issue, we will try to improve the compile times. It is unavoidable that changing the 'Used with VXGI' checkbox, or changing the material graph, will force recompile, but hopefully we'll be able to do something about those compile times.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
      So I tried this now... Editor builds ok, but whenever I try to run the Editor:

Pitty... I was looking forward to take a look at this VxGI thingy. :/
      Which GPU and OS are you using?

Comment

Would someone like to try and see how inter-object reflections look? It sound pretty complicated to build a branch so I will wait until I see some more pictures or videos!

Comment

Initial result in Elemental with one Directional Light. I'm making a video and will post it soon:

Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
          Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
          Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
          [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
          My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
          Your Friendly Neighborhood
          Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

When compiling the engine I got such problems and errors. I never got problems before with any gameworks branch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	errors.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1066768

Please help me identify them and solve them. Sorry it is in french. Like you know I downloaded the latest zip not github checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
              When compiling the engine I got such problems and errors. I never got problems before with any gameworks branch:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26200[/ATTACH]

Please help me identify them and solve them. Sorry it is in french. Like you know I downloaded the latest zip not github checkout.
              Could you give me the exact link you used for the zip? It looks like the zip was made before I committed some missing libs.
              --Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                Could you give me the exact link you used for the zip? It looks like the zip was made before I committed some missing libs.
                --Mike
                This is the download link: https://codeload.github.com/NvPhysX/...qFks5U5PjbwA==

Before I compiled, I got ane error when I clicked setup telling me that the libs have been modified and would like to overwrite (y/n)? I clicked yes.

Name:	error.png
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1066772

Edit: I checked again the download link of the zip now, it is the same link from yesterday that I downloaded, it seems zip doesn't get updated, or it maybe something else.

Could you please download the zip file and compile it to see if you get same errors? Thanks !

Everyone who compiled the VXGI branch editor, you used github clone and not the zip file right?
                Last edited by Nudlegaru; 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                  Doesn't seem to show the gi for me, even after enabling the usage in the materials and enabling vxgi diffuse in a postprocessvolume.
                  When i set r.vxgi.debugmode 2, I see the voxelised objects. but when I set it to 3, I see nothing.

Okay, so now I've found out that you have to turn off shadows for it to work - doesn't it support shadows?
                  I've been told: the Cornell Box has a single shadow mapped light and the shadow is taking into account in the VXGI emittance voxelization, so this sounds like you might have encountered a bug. Could you point us to a repro map?

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

@Mike, you are the same who answered me here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                      I've been told: the Cornell Box has a single shadow mapped light and the shadow is taking into account in the VXGI emittance voxelization, so this sounds like you might have encountered a bug. Could you point us to a repro map?

Thanks,
                      Mike
                      This is from using a point light after starting from scratch. It works for spotlights.
                      At first I thought it may be something to do with using RSMs in this technique (not sure if you do) but even so, the composite lighting should equal indirect plus shadowed direct so there shouldn't be any issues with point lights.
                      Last edited by gboxentertainment; 02-19-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

So I've noticed that this technique uses cascaded voxel grids (i.e. lower res voxels further away) and it works very smoothly.
                        Is there a console command for adjusting voxel resolution? I have found through my own experience in VCT that 32x32x32 grid resolution is sufficient enough for high quality diffuse gi - there will be a huge performance boost (which will make using multiple bounces much less intensive). This will have an impact on specular gi however, that can be covered up by the SSRs.
                        Last edited by gboxentertainment; 02-19-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

amazing. wish you had done daylight too with just directional light.
                          Last edited by Bladerskb; 02-19-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                            amazing. wish you had done daylight too with just directional light.
                            I tried but I was getting some weird results which I am trying to figure it out. Will post it once I get it. Other than that its really cool and performance is also good, I was getting around 45-50 fps in both "NightRoom" and "NightRoomNoLights" scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                              @Mike, you are the same who answered me here: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/4 ?
                              Yes, that's me. I'm downloading the latest zip now to see if I can reproduce the problem.

When you ran setup, did you overwrite the nvapi libs? I chose 'no' in the command prompt, and I was able to build UE4 from the solution without error.

Name:	vxgi_zip_setup.JPG
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1066779
                              Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-20-2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X