NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I use VXGI library (version 1.0) for visualization Indirect Illumination in my render engine and faced with some issue.
    @Alexey.Panteleev
    When I'm trying to compile VXGI shaders in parallel threads I get error: "GI_ShaderFactory.cpp:55. Failed to decompress shader a cache entry (-3)"
    Can I use parallel compiling or it is not supported?

Comment

Hi,

Does anybody know what settings of VXGI should be changed to decrease of video memory? I mean which parameters of VXGI cause big/or less memory consumption

Comment

Could anyone tell me why visual studio is failing to build branch VXGI-4.15?

This the error below.

Error C4596 'RHIVXGIGetGPUTime': illegal qualified name in member declaration UE4 D:\Program Files\Epic Games\vgix\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11RHIPrivate.h 561

Thanks

Comment

Hi, NVIDIA GameWorks TEAM,

If not asking to much, can UE4.15 WaveWorks branch, CUDA libs be updated to CUDA 8.0 release?

I'm merging FLEX and Turbulence with CUDA 8.0, WaveWorks CUDA 5.5, and compiling for CUDA. And I getting things to include just only one CUDART lib version to link at compile time wen building for CUDA, with one CUDA.build.cs to include the necessary libs. Only WaveWorks CUDA has outdated, probably going to give-my problems and conflicts.

If WaveWorks CUDA libs updated to 8.0. It will be awesome, and I can continue to work with one CUDA lib version for both.
          Last edited by KradMoonRa; 03-30-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VItorEAFeliciano View Post
            Hi, NVIDIA GameWorks TEAM,

If not asking to much, can UE4.15 WaveWorks branch, CUDA libs be updated to CUDA 8.0 release?

I'm merging FLEX and Turbulence with CUDA 8.0, WaveWorks CUDA 5.5, and compiling for CUDA. And I getting things to include just only one CUDART lib version to link at compile time wen building for CUDA, with one CUDA.build.cs to include the necessary libs. Only WaveWorks CUDA has outdated, probably going to give-my problems and conflicts.

If WaveWorks CUDA libs updated to 8.0. It will be awesome, and I can continue to work with one CUDA lib version for both.
            Can't flow do what you expected to do with turbulence? From what i understand, turbulence isn't supported any longer moving forward.
            Last edited by MaximeDupart; 03-31-2017, 11:57 PM.
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
              Can't flow do what you expected to do with turbulence? From what i understand, turbulence isn't supported any longer moving forward.
              I'm adding Turbulence by myself.
              My big deal it's with CUDA libs version of WaveWorks release, I do not know if I can link WaveWorks it with the new CUDA version libs (8.0) without breaking the WaveWorks functionality.

Comment

Hi, NVIDIA GameWorks TEAM

Click image for larger version

Name:	GameWorks-1-Overview-(7)1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1125888

In this image it is marked that WaveWorks is supported on PS4 & XB1.
                If the UE4 Integrated version also will work on that platforms ???

Comment

Originally posted by buzzdx View Post
                  i uploaded a simple project demonstrating the shadowing artifacts i get while using the vxgi-4.15 build.

could anybody please confirm that you get the same results as me pls?

i narrowed the problem down a bit more, it is only happening when the material has PN_Triangles tessellation enabled.
                  when disabled, or when using flat tessellation this doesn't happen.

screenshot of what it looks like here:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]134129[/ATTACH]

link to project: https://www.file-upload.net/download...oject.zip.html

thanks
                  I submitted a fix for this issue which was introduced last August.
                  LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hi,

I'm a new dev with Unreal and Gameworks and I'm a bit unsure of how this Gameworks-UE4 integration is supposed to work... Digging through the NvPhysx/UnrealEngine Github repo - it appears to me that Nvidia has integrated each Gameworks component (FLeX, Hairworks, Flow, HBAO+, etc.) completely individually into separate Unreal builds in separate branches.

I don't understand why there would not be (somewhere in the same repo) a single branch with all of the Gameworks components integrated into it so we can start dev'ing with all of these wonderful tools in UE4. Am I missing something or, if this is correct, what is the recommended method to pull all of the Gameworks products (FLeX, Hairworks, Flow, HBAO+, VRWorks) into a single UE4 build?

Much appreciated,
                    Confused guy

Comment

Hey guys I have encountered a bug with 4.15 VXGI, when I use particles with a transparent material applied to it, if VXGI is enabled the particles wont draw, any other domain like opaque or masked work. My friend tried same setup and got same results.

Unlit: https://gyazo.com/fd11a97a8dd755d2febbe4021621affd

Lit (VXGI on): https://gyazo.com/2e493489c1a76940ddde362dd9a57140

Lit (VXGI off): https://gyazo.com/5278a0e2167881ee77987b758c7f5389

Does anyone know a fix for it?

Comment

There's an issue with sprites in 4.15. You should use 4.14.3 for now to solve your issue :/
                        I've spent days trying to figure out this issue, literally, even reviewing the VXGI builds evolution since june 2016, only to fix this one issue.
                        That's how i figured a tessellation feature got broken last june.

But for this specific issue, i'm afraid it requires a deeper understanding of VXGI integration in Unreal engine that i can't afford to get into right now, it's all in [MENTION=29363]Alexey.Panteleev[/MENTION] hands ^^.

I would assume there's a shader issue for vertices to fly all over the place like that. You can use the Matine test sample or even the ShooterGame sample to highlight the issue.
                        Last edited by MaximeDupart; 04-03-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Ah, too bad Hopefully the issue will be fixed when VXGI 4.16 is released.

Comment

Hi!

Someone can explain me why we need compiling source nvidia unreal engine branch if one person can compiling sourse and share it via cloud with others?

Comment

Originally posted by dudeses View Post
                              Hi!
                              Someone can explain me why we need compiling source nvidia unreal engine branch if one person can compiling sourse and share it via cloud with others?
                              Because it's very user unfriendly this way and it guarantees not too many people ever using it.
                              https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                                Because it's very user unfriendly this way and it guarantees not too many people ever using it.
                                It's really straightforward to download the zip, double click setup, double click generate, launch Visual studio and compile.
                                That's the exact same process than anyone using officials repository of Epic Games.
                                You don't even need any C++ knowledge to do that, it's user friendly really.
                                For something as complicated as a game engine, and Unreal Engine evolving so fast, i find it extremely convenient.

Having access to all the engine code like that is what makes Unreal Engine so amazing, and was a big part in my decision to use it, instead of building on top of my limited self-made 'engine'.
                                Last edited by MaximeDupart; 04-04-2017, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X