NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
    Can anyone confirm this issue with VXGI 4.15 ? Happens with a lot of emitters
    In 4.15 VXGI, I get that effect from the sun in my landscape if the camera is pointed directly at it and the sun is partially occluded by trees or objects.

WIP Thread

Comment

Can anyone confirm this issue with VXGI 4.15 ? Happens with a lot of emitters

I can confirm this in a 4.15.1 build with volumetric lighting and vxgi/hbao.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	1125137

Could anybody please check if you can confirm the shadow mapping artifacts/error I showed some posts above?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by buzzdx View Post
        I can confirm this in a 4.15.1 build with volumetric lighting and vxgi/hbao.

Could anybody please check if you can confirm the shadow mapping artifacts/error I showed some posts above?

thanks
        I do have this shadowing issue with heavy shadow flickering while VXGI is turned off and bake the light main directionnal light.
        LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Can I ask a question Maxime.Dupart? Can you integrate "Volumetric Lighting, VXAO, VXGI, HBAO+, TXAA, Soft Shadows, GI Works" for Unreal Engine 4.15?

Comment

Originally posted by ululemr View Post
            Can I ask a question Maxime.Dupart? Can you integrate "Volumetric Lighting, VXAO, VXGI, HBAO+, TXAA, Soft Shadows, GI Works" for Unreal Engine 4.15?
            VXGI, VXAO, and GI Works are literally the same thing, HBAO+ is already in all VXGI builds, TXAA is more or less comparable to the TAA in the UE4 already, the UE4 is getting Volumetric Lighting soon anyway as a default feature apparently, and Soft Shadows (aka ShadowWorks that I mentioned a few posts ago) has no official integration to merge yet, he would need to do it from scratch.

I'm sure what you ask for is possible, but the good news is the majority of what you're looking for is already available in the official Nvidia branches.

Comment

I do have this shadowing issue with heavy shadow flickering while VXGI is turned off and bake the light main directionnal light.
              Thank you very much for confirming this behaviour.

You are right, it occurs even with vxgi turned off.

Well, for me personally it's not that much of a problem as one could still use flat tesselation, but maybe it will get fixed soon.

I also converted a project of mine to 4.15.1/Volumetric/VXGI. I turned VXGI on and didn't see any of the flickering stuff like in the ShooterGame.
              But there are not that many particle emmiters in it yet, just some fire particle systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                the UE4 is getting Volumetric Lighting soon anyway as a default feature apparently
                Where did you get that information from?

Comment

hi,

first thank you for all the great gameworks stuff. i am currently playing around with flow and i have some question. where are these DefaultFlowMaterial0 / DefaultFlowRenderMaterial0 / DefaultColorMap0 files located? i can edit them but i cant find them in the browser/project. when i migrate the nvsample project to another project with the same engine build nothing happens in the new project, what im missing here? and are we able to emit from particles / particle meshes ? thanks
                  Last edited by olek; 03-24-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzdx View Post
                    Where did you get that information from?
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post684068

Comment

Interesting, I'll keep an eye on that.

Comment

Originally posted by olek View Post
                        hi,

first thank you for all the great gameworks stuff. i am currently playing around with flow and i have some question. where are these DefaultFlowMaterial0 / DefaultFlowRenderMaterial0 / DefaultColorMap0 files located? i can edit them but i cant find them in the browser/project. when i migrate the nvsample project to another project with the same engine build nothing happens in the new project, what im missing here? and are we able to emit from particles / particle meshes ? thanks
                        Those are default objects generated in code, so no file exists for them. Creating a new Flow material will include the same parameters and allow editing.

Comment

This gonna be the first 100 pages topic ever
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I'm working with flow, and trying to recreate the tech demo that they released a few weeks ago.
                            Now It seems that I'm overlooking something because I have a mesh going through the flow emitter, but it hardly has any effect. I cant find any documentation on this.
                            https://gyazo.com/7a90ee61f963e6b09d722a340727f5e8

Does anyone has an Idea why there is so little going on?

Comment

Originally posted by dDissAa View Post
                              I'm working with flow, and trying to recreate the tech demo that they released a few weeks ago.
                              Now It seems that I'm overlooking something because I have a mesh going through the flow emitter, but it hardly has any effect. I cant find any documentation on this.
                              https://gyazo.com/7a90ee61f963e6b09d722a340727f5e8

Does anyone has an Idea why there is so little going on?
                              **** that thing is moving way too fast haha, thats the first thing i would decrease and also make sure that your mesh thats moving has flex on "block" under collision properties

Comment

Ah thas was the problem!

I used this speed because any slower it didn't have any effect. I also had a look at the collisionTest level and copied the settings but still i din't had any result or very minor.
                                Thanks overfuze!

Comment

Working...
                                X