NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enioneny View Post
    Thank you for 4.14.3, but little problem. When I select soft body in flex, UE4 crashing. And I don't understand how to fix it, try on 2 PC, and same problem.
    can you share how to reproduce this crash and your error code/crash error message please.
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

ive managed to download the code library off nvidia's site but im insure how to install it. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Enioneny View Post
        Thank you for 4.14.3, but little problem. When I select soft body in flex, UE4 crashing. And I don't understand how to fix it, try on 2 PC, and same problem.
        Do the Flex sample maps work for you? If you are having problems importing a new asset then if you can send me a DM with the source asset and some repo. steps then I can take a look.
        Last edited by Miles.Macklin; 03-07-2017, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VItorEAFeliciano View Post
          [MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Some plans for the Nvidia Flow, WaveWorks, Cataclysm, integration with UE 4.14, 4.15?
          Flow UE4 integration will be released shortly for 4.15, Waveworks should also see an update, but I don't think you'll see a Cataclysm UE4 update in the near term.

Comment

Originally posted by overfuze View Post
            [MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Thanks for the response. Just wondering, is there any ETA when and if we will have the diffuse particle options for Flex? Also in the VR FunHouse project the Flow smokes and fire have an un-lit kind of look, in the video there is more of a shaded look (self shadowing), does that mean Flow will get an "update" aswell?
            We don't have a timeline for Flex diffuse particles in UE4, but I saw that someone on this forum had done an integration manually. I'll add at task for it and see when we can get it scheduled.

Flow will indeed be updated from the Funhouse version to include self-shadowing.

Comment

[MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] from vxgi 4.12 to current version when i want paint on a landscape in editor unreal get crash and editor closes with a fatal error.

Comment

When I start flex map example everything fine. When I add new mesh and try add flex soft asset in flex menu, it's crash.

Comment

And screen of problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	Octopus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	568.1 KB
ID:	1124452
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Enioneny; 03-07-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenthor View Post
                    VXGI/Flex/HairWorks/HBAO+ on 4.14.3 available here:

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...irWorks-4.14.3

Working on 4.15 integration with added volumetrics, not quite sure i'll share this one just yet :3
                    Oh i'll wait for this! by the way. I downloaded your 4.15 vxgi+hairworks.... branch and after i compiled it says 4.14.3.
                    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                      Oh i'll wait for this! by the way. I downloaded your 4.15 vxgi+hairworks.... branch and after i compiled it says 4.14.3.
                      yes, it's not supported yet there, i haven't made the jump to 4.15 yet, i started working on upgrading to 4.15 from this fork on my local computer, but it didnt work out. As it is, and if you check the branch historic, you'll realised it's merely a copy of the 4.14.3 VXGI/FLEX/... branch. I should probably delete it.

edit: i've just deleted it
                      Last edited by MaximeDupart; 03-07-2017, 05:45 AM.
                      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Can I use this version of UE4 on Mac?
                        I can't build it with Xcode 8.1.
                        here is error logs:

In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public/SkeletalMeshTypes.h:16:
                        Runtime/Engine/Classes/Materials/MaterialInterface.h:149:19: error: ISO C++ forbids forward references to 'enum' types
                        TEnumAsByte<enum EVxgiMaterialSamplingRate> VxgiMaterialSamplingRate;

In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public/MeshBatch.h:5:
                        Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:10: error: unknown type name 'FVxgiMaterialProperties'
                        virtual FVxgiMaterialProperties GetVxgiMaterialProperties() const { return FVxgiMaterialProperties(); }
                        ^
                        Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:77: error: use of undeclared identifier 'FVxgiMaterialProperties'; did you mean 'GetVxgiMaterialProperties'?
                        virtual FVxgiMaterialProperties GetVxgiMaterialProperties() const { return FVxgiMaterialProperties(); }

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        GetVxgiMaterialProperties
                        Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:34: note: 'GetVxgiMaterialProperties' declared here
                        ^

Comment

yes, it's not supported yet there, i haven't made the jump to 4.15 yet, i started working on upgrading to 4.15 from this fork on my local computer, but it didnt work out. As it is, and if you check the branch historic, you'll realised it's merely a copy of the 4.14.3 VXGI/FLEX/... branch. I should probably delete it.

tell me its ok to use that branch xD

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                            tell me its ok to use that branch xD
                            it's like you were using the 4.14.3 branch, it's the same ^^.

I'm porting VXGI to 4.15 at this very moment.

Comment

it's like you were using the 4.14.3 branch, it's the same ^^.

I'm porting VXGI to 4.15 at this very moment.
                              love you man! haha dont forget volumetric lighting!

Comment

HA! Best timing ever; I tried downloading and compiling that one last night and when I booted it up I saw it was just 4.14 and I was like, "Waaaaaait a second..."
                                Can't wait for 4.15 + VXGI! It's my dream come true. The other stuff like Flex and Hairworks are wonderful, but unnessessary; vxgi IS a requirement I have right meow, though... Also volumetric lighting, but that can wait.

PS: how have you added a signature to your posts linking to your branch? I have been digging around this site and I just can't find that setting anywhere! It's driving me bananas, because it's probably insanely obvious and staring me in the face! XD

Edit: It totally was.
                                Last edited by Aeries; 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X