NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overfuze View Post
    [MENTION=738]Daniel.Wenograd[/MENTION] cant believe its out, cant wait to try it out
    [MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] what are the main differences between FLEX 1.0 and FLEX 1.1? Is it performance improvements or also new features? (like fluid foam, and smoke simulations like shown here: https://youtu.be/wbnWIF3-3gI?t=2m or is this something thats going to be included in FLOW instead of FLEX?)
    The main change in Flex 1.1 is support for Direct3D11/12, but there are also general performance improvements and bug fixes. Fluid foam is already in the SDK, but we haven't exposed it in UE4 yet. Smoke will be best handled by Flow. The full Flex release notes are at the bottom of this page:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-flex-110-released

Comment

Will it be possible to have the Gameworks modules as code plugins on the marketplace in the future?
      ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
        Will it be possible to have the Gameworks modules as code plugins on the marketplace in the future?
        Not untill rendering will be more pluggable. There quite a bit of engine level changes to get GameWorks working.
        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

[MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Thanks for the response. Just wondering, is there any ETA when and if we will have the diffuse particle options for Flex? Also in the VR FunHouse project the Flow smokes and fire have an un-lit kind of look, in the video there is more of a shaded look (self shadowing), does that mean Flow will get an "update" aswell?
          Last edited by overfuze; 03-02-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=80]iniside[/MENTION]: Yeah I suspected that, kinda thought plugins are allowed to go deeper by now. Oh well, separate branch is better than not having the feature.
            ArtStation

Comment

Got It to work, Thank You!

Comment

[MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Some plans for the Nvidia Flow, WaveWorks, Cataclysm, integration with UE 4.14, 4.15?

Comment

Alrighty, the GDC announcements have me frickin' salivating.

My biggest question is, with UE4 most likely not integrating the full gameworks package in the near future (tell me if I'm wrong, I'd be thrilled) is there going to be any possibility of NVIDIA releasing a branch with the full gameworks package? I've built VRWorks, VXGI, and am about to do volumetric lighting, but I want all the things! For chrissake can't we get a "GameWorks" branch? So much cool, but we have to use it piecemeal?

Also, anything on Turf Effects (my precious...)?

Comment

We have three technologies which seemingly do the same thing. Turbulence, Flex and Flow (and somewhere on the road was FlameWorks).
                    One difference I can see is that Felx and Turbulence are particle based, while Flow is Voxel Grid.
                    My questions is, how do they really differ ? I mean can in theory do flame simulation in Flex.
                    Does Turbulence is superseeded by Flex (in terms of functionality) ?
                    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                      We have three technologies which seemingly do the same thing. Turbulence, Flex and Flow (and somewhere on the road was FlameWorks).
                      One difference I can see is that Felx and Turbulence are particle based, while Flow is Voxel Grid.
                      My questions is, how do they really differ ? I mean can in theory do flame simulation in Flex.
                      Does Turbulence is superseeded by Flex (in terms of functionality) ?
                      Flex is particle based, Flow is voxel based. By its nature, Flow is better for things like smoke/fire because of it, while Flex is better for something like water. I think Flameworks was replaced with Flow, same as how GI Works was replaced with VXGI.
                      I'm not sure why Turbulence was added, since most of its functionality is a part of GPU particles as a native engine feature. It's always good to have options though I guess.

Comment

is there any plan for integrating FLEX,VXGI,Volumetric Lighting in one branch?

Comment

VXGI/Flex/HairWorks/HBAO+ on 4.14.3 available here:

https://github.com/MaximeDup/UnrealE...irWorks-4.14.3

Working on 4.15 integration with added volumetrics, not quite sure i'll share this one just yet :3
                          Last edited by MaximeDupart; 03-05-2017, 08:37 AM.
                          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

thank you xenthor.is there any plan for add volumetric Lighting to this branch?

Comment

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                              thank you xenthor.is there any plan for add volumetric Lighting to this branch?
                              Shouldn't be hard to add the Volumetric shadows from the 4.14.3 branch to it. I'm busy going for VXGI/Flex/Hairworks/Volum. on 4.15 and from time to time working on my game, right now lol.
                              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

i cant wait for your branch.we make an animation TV series with VXGI 4.13 . ScreenShot : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...VJUdnNfd3V2YmM
                                our clothing solution is apex and we simulate volumetric lighting with some marketplace assets.it is so will be great if we can use flex instead of apex and volumetric lighting from your branch .
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ZAxis; 03-05-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X