No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use waveworks and where can I get a tutorial or a project?

Comment

I was installing flex from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

But according to these instructions

1. git clone https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git

2. You should now be on the release branch. Run setup.bat. You can now run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, build UE4, run it, etc.

3. git branch –t FleX origin/FleX

4. git checkout FleX

5. GenerateProjectFiles.bat

6. Open .sln, build UE4.

7. Run UE4 Editor, open the FleX test project.

I do not understand step 3

Could you help me?

I already did the whole process with version 4.12.5

But this error comes out when building for the second time UE4

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	1120940

Comment

I'm hoping that by UE4 v4.15 there will not only be VXGI again, but that also we can have a merged branch of several other Nvidia solutions.

I would like to see in one solution:
        VXGI + HBAO+
        HFTS/Shadow Library
        Nvidia's Volumetric Lighting

That is my ideal project setup that I would love to work off of. I'd try doing it myself and merging it in but I'm still trying to get a thorough understanding of all the in's and out's of UE4.

BTW, definitely check through various console settings with VXGI when using it. For example up until today I was thinking VXGI was too expensive even for an area like "Realistic Rendering"; it turns out I simply hadn't changed map size to 64 :P On top of that, 4 cones instead of 8 can really help.
        Last edited by RenderingFiend; 01-07-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Is possible to use FleX in Unreal on an Android device?
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Swartz27 View Post
            I'm hoping that by UE4 v4.15 there will not only be VXGI again, but that also we can have a merged branch of several other Nvidia solutions.

I would like to see in one solution:
            VXGI + HBAO+
            HFTS/Shadow Library
            Nvidia's Volumetric Lighting

That is my ideal project setup that I would love to work off of. I'd try doing it myself and merging it in but I'm still trying to get a thorough understanding of all the in's and out's of UE4.

BTW, definitely check through various console settings with VXGI when using it. For example up until today I was thinking VXGI was too expensive even for an area like "Realistic Rendering"; it turns out I simply hadn't changed map size to 64 :P On top of that, 4 cones instead of 8 can really help.
            I definitly support this idea. HFTS and PCSS have been used in multiple games like The Division and Watch Dogs 2. And volumetric lighting has been integrated in Fallout.
            VXGI does a great job making realistic indirect lighting and shadow. However, in UE4, there is no good direct lighting solution to achieve soft cast shadow. CSM just doesn't have it. I did try the combination of VXGI and distance field soft shadow.
            The result was not good and VXGI with distance field shadow appeared more flattened and desaturated. We love to see HFTS and PSCC to to integrated into UE4 since their stablility over traditional CSM.
            For volumetric lighting, it definitly is better than faking the effect with a plane in UE4. And if you are to build a dynamic scene, the volumetric lighting will help it greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by netseeker View Post
              I definitly support this idea. HFTS and PCSS have been used in multiple games like The Division and Watch Dogs 2. And volumetric lighting has been integrated in Fallout.
              VXGI does a great job making realistic indirect lighting and shadow. However, in UE4, there is no good direct lighting solution to achieve soft cast shadow. CSM just doesn't have it. I did try the combination of VXGI and distance field soft shadow.
              The result was not good and VXGI with distance field shadow appeared more flattened and desaturated. We love to see HFTS and PSCC to to integrated into UE4 since their stablility over traditional CSM.
              For volumetric lighting, it definitly is better than faking the effect with a plane in UE4. And if you are to build a dynamic scene, the volumetric lighting will help it greatly.
              Yeah, I'm finding I'm really needing this, and I don't know if Nvidia plans to do anything along these lines. I'd need to check with Nvidia to make sure I set up a branch properly so I don't violate anything, but if I get the ok I might take a stab at integration. But, I'm a beginning programmer and UE4 has a complex system, so don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Swartz27 View Post
                Yeah, I'm finding I'm really needing this, and I don't know if Nvidia plans to do anything along these lines. I'd need to check with Nvidia to make sure I set up a branch properly so I don't violate anything, but if I get the ok I might take a stab at integration. But, I'm a beginning programmer and UE4 has a complex system, so don't hold your breath.
                Glad to hear that. Our team are trying to use distance field soft shadow but there are too many limits of it...We do need those technology from Nvidia.

Comment

If anyone could merge the VXGI 4.14.3 branch with the 4.13 turbulence, the latest Flex and hairwork, she or he, would be my hero. Period.
                  LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

When I enable VXAO, VXGI Specular turns off. Is it a bug or it is supposed to work that way?
                    Is it neccessary to run the command to enable AO each time?

Comment

I'm trying to get Flex and VXGI working on 4.14.3 before the end of today, Paris time, gonna be tough, i struggle a bit, got a couple errors to fix.
                      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Any plans for Flex/ Turbulence update to 4.14/4.15 ?

Can we use the FLIP solver from Cataclysm for commercial purposes?

Comment

The next public Flex UE4 integration release will coincide with the Flex 1.1 release at GDC. In the meantime we are running a closed beta for Flex 1.1 + UE4.14.3, please contact gameworks-issues@nvidia.com and ask to be included in the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Miles.Macklin View Post
                            The next public Flex UE4 integration release will coincide with the Flex 1.1 release at GDC. In the meantime we are running a closed beta for Flex 1.1 + UE4.14.3, please contact gameworks-issues@nvidia.com and ask to be included in the beta.
                            Great news! Thanks Miles, just sent an email.

Comment

[MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Thanks again, i managed to merge VXGI, Flex and HairWorks, would love to add even more.

Is there any planned support for Turbulence, as there's been some particle upgrade and some stuff deprecated with PhysX 3.4, i haven't dive too much into it to understand the implications for other Nvidia packages.
                              Or will we be able to have access to Flow, Flameworks, or some other fancy package? I want them all

On a side note, i need the best smoke possible for my current game project.

Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by xenthor View Post
                                [MENTION=330604]Miles.Macklin[/MENTION] Thanks again, i managed to merge VXGI, Flex and HairWorks, would love to add even more.

Is there any planned support for Turbulence, as there's been some particle upgrade and some stuff deprecated with PhysX 3.4, i haven't dive too much into it to understand the implications for other Nvidia packages.
                                Or will we be able to have access to Flow, Flameworks, or some other fancy package? I want them all

On a side note, i need the best smoke possible for my current game project.

Thanks again !
                                Hi xenthor, are you willing to share your code integration, that video is impressive, nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X