No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any news from FaceWorks? oh and also volumetric lighting?
    Last edited by Gandosh; 09-27-2016, 04:45 PM.
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
      Is there any news from FaceWorks? oh and also volumetric lighting?
      FaceWorks itself is available on Github, but not integrated in UE4. The Volumetric Lighting integration in UE4 is...close...and making great progress, but it is continuing to require a lot of effort to get everything polished. It will be worth the wait though, and I'll tell the team there are people eager for it here.

Comment

Yes. Please tell them they are dying for it. Thanks Mike!
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Can someone tell me if the SLI is working now in UE4?
          If it is working, I plan to buy a second GTX 1080.
          Olivier Demangel

Designer

IVR-Nation
          http://ivrnation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxi View Post
            Can someone tell me if the SLI is working now in UE4?
            If it is working, I plan to buy a second GTX 1080.
            No, and it probably won't for a while. Epic has no known plans for ever supporting SLI or Crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
              No, and it probably won't for a while. Epic has no known plans for ever supporting SLI or Crossfire.
              I was asking because in the latest VRWorks for UE4.12, there is VR SLI.

It seems Nvidia Funhouse (made with UE4) can use SLI, they recommend to use dual GTX 1080 for the best experience:
              "If you’ve got two identical GPUs and a GeForce GTX 980 Ti, or higher, dedicated to PhysX, VR Funhouse will activate VR SLI, enabling GPU 1 to render to the left eye in the VR headset and GPU 2 to the right eye. This improves performance while keeping latency low, further improving the experience."
              Olivier Demangel

Designer

IVR-Nation

Comment

they recommend to use dual GTX 1080 for the best experience
                I did read this as they recommed you to use 3 nvidia vga cards in order to get the two identicals to use SLI via the VR SLI extension. The docs rather sparse, as usual.
                * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)
                * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konflict View Post
                  I did read this as they recommed you to use 3 nvidia vga cards in order to get the two identicals to use SLI via the VR SLI extension. The docs rather sparse, as usual.
                  So I guess if you don't use PhysX on a project, you could just use 2 GPU in SLI.
                  Olivier Demangel

Designer

IVR-Nation

Comment

if you don't use PhysX on a project, you could just use 2 GPU in SLI.
                    Code:
                    With the GPU affinity API, VR SLI allows scaling for systems with more than 2 GPUs.
                    https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks

While your idea sounds reasonable, it unfortunately doesn't appear to be the case. The short description text on the vrworks site tells it will allow the scaling with VR SLI only, if there's more than 2 gpus available in your rig.

Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\Windows\WindowsD3D11Device.cpp:*
                    Code:
                    // NVCHANGE: LRR - Only allow VR SLI when there are 3 GPUs (one dedicated to PhysX) on Windows 10 
                    if (MultiGPUCaps.nSLIGPUs > 1 && bDedicatedPhysXGPU && bWindows10)
                    		{
                    			UE_LOG(LogD3D11RHI, Log, TEXT("Initializing VR SLI.")); 

else
                    		{
                    			UE_LOG(LogD3D11RHI, Log, TEXT("VR SLI not available."));
                    The code lines above tells me that the requirements for the VR SLI extension will be more than 1 gpu in sli mode (yes it requires 2 at least to get the sli), and an additional dedicated gpu for the physx (eg a card next to the sli config) on windows 10. The else clause will make this clear the VR SLI will not be initialized otherwise. That's unfortunate.

Anyways, things like this always depends on the nature of the integration, and usually you can't just flip a switch to turn off embedded features like physx which is being used for all sort of simulations. Even if your project doesn't contain certain features, the executables will still hold the codebase of the feature and the logic that wraps around these extensions will not depend on the contents of your project, but perhaps only the very few compiler flags that you can set before when you build the executables from the engine source.

I think what you can do here is to alter the engine source of the vr funhouse branch to get the SLI stuff to be supported, by eliminating the bindings of the gpu accelerated physx extensions. This doesn't sounds a trivial task, but maybe it is doable.

Comment

I tested NVIDIA Flow from VR Funhouse mod kit and I think this is a really awesome real-time fluid simualtion for games. FlowGridAsset has many settings which allow to achive really imperssive fluids fire and smoke and as far as I understand, for reasonable cost.

Ran at old gtx660 and reduced grid resolution, but of course for ultimate quality recommended more powerful GPU:
                      https://youtu.be/HEUa3gwUeUw
                      I'm not a game developer and never worked with unreal engine and any others engines before, just interested in real-time Visual FX and wait for implementation fluids in games.

upd: Question for Mike.Skolones. NVIDIA FLEX has demostration of smoke fluids, this called "grid free method", but as far as I know smoke simulation also still unavailable at the latest version of FLEX. Are there any issues with release smoke fluids in FLEX?
                      Last edited by MightyJam; 10-05-2016, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Hello. Any plans to add those GameWorks to UE4?

Nvidia`s Enhanced Volumetric fog
                        Nvidia`s Sun Glare
                        Nvidia`s Enhanced Wetness
                        Nvidia`s Lens Flare FX
                        Nvidia`s Rain Occlusion
                        Nvidia`s Screen Space Reflections
                        Nvidia`s Enhanced and Modified Ambeant Occlusion
                        Nvidia`s Tri-X Tripple definition Depth of Field
                        Nvidia`s PhysX Enhanced Particles space
                        Nvidia`s Replacement Texture Override
                        Nvidia`s Enhanced Shadows and Vary Shading
                        Nvidia`s Enhanced Lighting / Smoke and Fire effects.
                        Nvidia`s Enhanced Terrain with Mastered Tessellation
                        Last edited by Nudlegaru; 10-07-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Only if existing integrations exist. I dont have time to write integrations unless i have a need for them myself

EDIT: just realised u were most likely speaking to Nvidia. Ignore what I wrote
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            Only if existing integrations exist. I dont have time to write integrations unless i have a need for them myself

EDIT: just realised u were most likely speaking to Nvidia. Ignore what I wrote
                            Yeah. I was adressed to Nvidia.

I see new games implementing such advanced techs but UE4 is left with the basic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
                              Hello. Any plans to add those GameWorks to UE4?

Nvidia`s Enhanced Volumetric fog
                              Nvidia`s Sun Glare
                              Nvidia`s Enhanced Wetness
                              Nvidia`s Lens Flare FX
                              Nvidia`s Rain Occlusion
                              Nvidia`s Screen Space Reflections
                              Nvidia`s Enhanced and Modified Ambeant Occlusion
                              Nvidia`s Tri-X Tripple definition Depth of Field
                              Nvidia`s PhysX Enhanced Particles space
                              Nvidia`s Replacement Texture Override
                              Nvidia`s Enhanced Shadows and Vary Shading
                              Nvidia`s Enhanced Lighting / Smoke and Fire effects.
                              Nvidia`s Enhanced Terrain with Mastered Tessellation
                              https://developer.nvidia.com/what-is-gameworks

I don't actually see these enhancements in the gameworks documentation, are you sure they are part of the open source GW kit? Correct me if i'm wrong, but they might as well can be proprietary / closed source solutions thus they'll never make it to the kit. Although, a few of those visuals pry can be reproduced in UE4 by using the built in tools, if there isn't a competitive solution available already.

Comment

Originally posted by Konflict View Post
                                https://developer.nvidia.com/what-is-gameworks

I don't actually see these enhancements in the gameworks documentation, are you sure they are part of the open source GW kit? Correct me if i'm wrong, but they might as well can be proprietary / closed source solutions thus they'll never make it to the kit. Although, a few of those visuals pry can be reproduced in UE4 by using the built in tools, if there isn't a competitive solution available already.
                                https://steamcommunity.com/app/36043...6745995280780/

Comment

Working...
                                X