NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
    @Mike.Skolones Any words on Turf Effects? Really excited about hearing more.
    He said in a previous post just a page ago, that Turf will be out after GDC, but Hairworks may get released while GDC is running

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      All DX11/Windows, not just CUDA; however I wouldn't be surprised if you find issues with some HW/driver configurations, it's a new feature and we haven't tested it that broadly yet.
      Thats great that you didn't lock it to your brand!

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
        Ok. I finally managed to run it and here are my few cents:
        1. Specular GI, is extremly slow, it add 15ms, to SunTemple scene. I won't consider it as issues as long as metalic surfaces, will be able to work with build in reflections.

2. Diffuse GI is fast. With diffuse GI only it runs at 15ms, which I guess pretty acceptable (;.
        3. It looks good. Though, it's to notice any indirect shadowing on SunTemple map.

I really like it overall. Going to test on landscape map.

Edit:
        What I noticed though, that on SunTemple when you get to fist closed room, and look directly at windows, on left side, GI just stop working. Zero indirect lighting.

What really impresses me most, is that this method despite only one bounce, can be easily used light entire scene, without using sky light.
        That is mostly because there are meshes there that are probably blocking the light casting. Weren't there some "lightshafts?"

Click the tiny bird!
        It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
          Thats great that you didn't lock it to your brand!
          Keep in mind they aren't Nvidia natives they were (and maybe still are) Ageia devs, those are the real wizards who did and do all this fancy tech.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
            Keep in mind they aren't Nvidia natives they were (and maybe still are) Ageia devs, those are the real wizards who did and do all this fancy tech.
            Actually, the VXGI tech is coming primarily from NVIDIA Devtech. Some of us ex-Ageia guys are helping out.

Comment

more pic pic pics ppl. i beg of you.

EDIT: Inside, is that without any skylight?

EDIT 2: I have GTX 760 4GB is that enough? I want to try it on friday, need to know.
              I want to see some color bleeding. maybe the realistic render demo.
              Last edited by Bladerskb; 02-18-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

One question, I'm downloading everything needed to run it: Do I need a directional light for this to work out? Or unlike LPV, this works for any kind of light?

Click the tiny bird!
                It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                  One question, I'm downloading everything needed to run it: Do I need a directional light for this to work out? Or unlike LPV, this works for any kind of light?
                  I just now tested it without needing to have any light what-so-ever

you may wanna activate VXGI Specular in the PostProcessVolume though, otherwise it looks odd...

@Mike: Specular return light color for glowy things but everything else is pure BLACK...bug?

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN
                    I got such red alerts when I clicked Setup (the new zip), first it says: the following files have been modified and type y to overwrite, then ut is stuck at the middle and got this error !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26083[/ATTACH]
                    Do not overwrite those changes; it will replace those libraries with the stock libraries provided by UE 4.6

Comment

GDC 2015 spoiler
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by rubenst View Post
                        I just now tested it without needing to have any light what-so-ever

you may wanna activate VXGI Specular in the PostProcessVolume though, otherwise it looks odd...

@Mike: Specular return light color for glowy things but everything else is pure BLACK...bug?
                        Sounds like it to me, I'll ask around.
                        'Glowy' means emissive?

--Mike
                        Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-18-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN
                          Also The Tomorrow Children on PS4 has 3 bounces for its dynamic GI and in 16 directions in an octane rendered scene and characters and you can see the difference btween the 3 bounces in this article: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/...p-screenshots/

I know both are different from your tech, but still more bounces add more life and realism to the scene.
                          The The Tomorrow Children (on PS4!) screenshots look really nice. Can somebody tell me about the advantages of VXGI compared to their technology?

Comment

Originally posted by KlausT View Post
                            The The Tomorrow Children (on PS4!) screenshots look really nice. Can somebody tell me about the advantages of VXGI compared to their technology?
                            We'll post some background information here as soon as possible, regarding the choices we made in VXGI, vs. those of other solutions, and why we believe it is the backbone of a solid, practical approach to GI. Also, we'll be publishing new demo scenes and starter content much more expansive than the Cornell Box, which we chose to publish now primarily because it met the size limitation restrictions of Github. Stay tuned, there's much more to come.

--Mike
                            Last edited by Mike.Skolones; 02-18-2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KlausT View Post
                              Here is a post I made in RyanTorant thread who has another dynamic GI tech. My post has links for dynamic GI from Geomerics and many links for The Tomorrow Children dynamic GI: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post173638

From what I understood, The Tomorrow Children tech ditched the octree hierarchy compared to SVOGI and VXGI and uses cascade Voxel based 3D textures instead so it needs artists to fill them and colour them in each intervention while VXGI voxels are generated on the fly and doesn't need an ectra effort from the artist. Though VXGI is more demanding thus limited in number of bounces and directions while The Tomorrow Children tech can have up to 3 bounces in 16 directions interacting with ray traced volumes.

I hope we get more clarifications compared to the other techs like the cryengine one I posted, geomerics and RyanTorant hybrid solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                                We'll post some background information here as soon as possible, regarding the choices we made in VXGI, vs. those of other solutions, and why we believe it is the backbone of a solid, practical approach to GI. Also, we'll be publishing new demo scenes and starter content much more expansive than the Cornell Box, which we chose to publish now primarily because it met the size limitation restrictions of Github. Stay tuned, there's much more to come.

--Mike
                                Oh, great, looking forward tio try them. I hope they work on my (almost fried ) GTX660M :'(
                                Last edited by Nudlegaru; 02-18-2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X