Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by brycelynch View Post
    I have a 4.12/Flex VR project (stereo instanced rendering enabled) running fine in the editor and standalone. The project builds/packages without errors. When I run the .exe the binary throws a break and crashes with fatal error immediately when starting up. Has anyone experienced anything similar with regards to packaged Flex builds crashing, but the project source launching fine within the editor or standalone? Don't currently have access to logs so any general thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there any error message at all? The example FlexProject appears to package fine, so we would need some more information to help. Are the Flex binaries being included in the Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/PhysX/Flex-1.0.0/Win64 folder?

    Comment


      Can someone please help me extract a patch from the funhouse branch with the VR.SLI ? It seems contained but I'm getting a bunch of errors when I try to put it in the ue4.13

      Comment


        Hi Galaxyman . any news of gamework integeriation for ue4.13 release

        Comment


          Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
          Hi Galaxyman . any news of gamework integeriation for ue4.13 release
          Not until I'm back from holidays. Have no access to a machine powerful enough to use UE4. So around 10th Oct
          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

          Comment


            Originally posted by Miles.Macklin View Post
            Is there any error message at all? The example FlexProject appears to package fine, so we would need some more information to help. Are the Flex binaries being included in the Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/PhysX/Flex-1.0.0/Win64 folder?
            It turns out the Boolean bFlexFluidSurface is not initialized to false in FPrimitiveSceneProxy constructor which caused random meshes to be marked as Flex Surfaces because of garbage values. Once this was true the primitives got randomly pulled into the SurfaceSceneProxies array in the FFlexFluidSurfaceRenderer::UpdateProxiesAndResources function.

            The fix was simple, add bFlexFluidSurface = false into the FPrimitiveSceneProxy::FPrimitiveSceneProxy (const UPrimitiveComponent* InComponent, FName InResourceName) constructor function.

            Comment


              Originally posted by brycelynch View Post
              It turns out the Boolean bFlexFluidSurface is not initialized to false in FPrimitiveSceneProxy constructor which caused random meshes to be marked as Flex Surfaces because of garbage values. Once this was true the primitives got randomly pulled into the SurfaceSceneProxies array in the FFlexFluidSurfaceRenderer::UpdateProxiesAndResources function.

              The fix was simple, add bFlexFluidSurface = false into the FPrimitiveSceneProxy::FPrimitiveSceneProxy (const UPrimitiveComponent* InComponent, FName InResourceName) constructor function.
              Thank you! I will make sure this fix gets into the main branch.

              Comment


                [MENTION=87163]Galaxy[/MENTION]man Can you point me to where the tutorial/example files are for FLEX? Thinking about tooling around with some of the liquid physics and how they interact with Waveworks.
                Hobbyist trying to go pro.

                Comment


                  Hi Galaxyman, do you plan an integration of tressfx in your gameworks branch ???
                  Thanks, regards

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Rathren View Post
                    I have a question about flex softbodys. When an object is moving into a soft body it clips through after there is to much pressure. Is there a possibility to make it impossible to clip through by letting it stretch infinite without clipping? Or by making the object stop automatically before it starts to clip?

                    Here a quick example video where you see the kind of clip I want to prevent:




                    If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated and thanks for all the awesome work of implementing Gameworks to UE4!!
                    So none has a idea how to handle this? Sorry for asking again but I am really in struggle to handle that problem :/

                    Comment


                      Impossible (Right now i don't know but i used flex at 4.10). Flex almost suitable for only visualization.

                      There are 2 options if suitable for you.

                      1. Move your object with force. Not with setting transform. With this way flex interacts and create impulse.

                      2. Create another volume in your softbody until bending limits. If your actor collides with volume inside your softbody than stop movement.

                      Comment


                        Just getting started with Flex. Does anyone know how to control the max amount of particles per map? I'm not seeing much in the emitter itself (no expert, though). Also how can you control the overall size/collision of the particles?

                        I'm trying to make fine water. Is there a place to adjust the viscosity of the particles too? I saw a bunch of parameters in the Flex standalone demo, but having trouble finding them in Unreal.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
                          [MENTION=87163]Galaxy[/MENTION]man Can you point me to where the tutorial/example files are for FLEX? Thinking about tooling around with some of the liquid physics and how they interact with Waveworks.
                          The tutorial project should be under the Samples folder in Engine. Its called FlexProject I think.

                          Originally posted by juliax View Post
                          Hi Galaxyman, do you plan an integration of tressfx in your gameworks branch ???
                          Thanks, regards
                          No

                          Originally posted by jmalaska View Post
                          Just getting started with Flex. Does anyone know how to control the max amount of particles per map? I'm not seeing much in the emitter itself (no expert, though). Also how can you control the overall size/collision of the particles?

                          I'm trying to make fine water. Is there a place to adjust the viscosity of the particles too? I saw a bunch of parameters in the Flex standalone demo, but having trouble finding them in Unreal.
                          All those options are available in the flex container itself. Particle count, size, collision in the top half and viscosity and other liquid settings in the bottom (you need to enable fluid to edit them i think)
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            The tutorial project should be under the Samples folder in Engine. Its called FlexProject I think.


                            No dice. Does it matter to you that I'm using the 4.9 branch?
                            Hobbyist trying to go pro.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
                              No dice. Does it matter to you that I'm using the 4.9 branch?
                              Yes it wont exist in that branch at all. For 4.9.2 you'll have to download the nvidia flex branch and obtain the project from it
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Korcan View Post
                                Impossible (Right now i don't know but i used flex at 4.10). Flex almost suitable for only visualization.

                                There are 2 options if suitable for you.

                                1. Move your object with force. Not with setting transform. With this way flex interacts and create impulse.

                                2. Create another volume in your softbody until bending limits. If your actor collides with volume inside your softbody than stop movement.
                                Thank you! moving with impulse and physics enabled sounded very interesting. I tried it and no mater how small the in impulse, mass and how slow the object was the collision with the soft body did not slow it down. Do I have to do anything before it does that?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X