Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
    Strange... i did redownload and compiled again. Still same. Different partition, folder, permission still same... got no idea whats wrong :/ do i have to test vs 2015?
    Are you not using VS2015? As I dont think it will build in anything but VS2015. Have never tried 2013 on this build.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

    Comment


      Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      Are you not using VS2015? As I dont think it will build in anything but VS2015. Have never tried 2013 on this build.
      Oh im on 2013. I'll try switching to 2015. Thank you man.
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

      Comment


        VS2015 working. Thank you very much!
        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

        Comment


          I have a question about flex softbodys. When an object is moving into a soft body it clips through after there is to much pressure. Is there a possibility to make it impossible to clip through by letting it stretch infinite without clipping? Or by making the object stop automatically before it starts to clip?

          Here a quick example video where you see the kind of clip I want to prevent:




          If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated and thanks for all the awesome work of implementing Gameworks to UE4!!
          Last edited by Rathren; 08-15-2016, 11:04 PM.

          Comment


            Hi guys.i have three questions about flex and skeletal meshes.
            1)if i want to use flex cloth for a skeletal mesh for example should i modelling arms and cloth separately in maya or can be integrated?
            1) is it possible parts of a skeletal mesh be cloth and other parts are not.for example i want the fabric on the arm be cloth and other parts are not?
            2) is it possible import an apex file(animated apex cloth) from maya and applying it on a flex cloth on a skeletal mesh?

            Comment


              I'm assuming the beta of nvidia flow is stand-alone rather than the UE4 integration that is also mentioned on the nvidia flow page?

              Anyway its driving me crazy right now because the flow page has changed to say that the beta is available now, but for the life of me I can't find it!

              https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-flow

              Comment


                Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
                I'm assuming the beta of nvidia flow is stand-alone rather than the UE4 integration that is also mentioned on the nvidia flow page?

                Anyway its driving me crazy right now because the flow page has changed to say that the beta is available now, but for the life of me I can't find it!

                https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-flow
                You will have to contact NVIDIA to get a hold of the beta (Which would be standalone only). Or wait for the UE4 integration to come
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                Comment


                  Thanks. I'm not surprised the beta is standalone but I didn't realise I had to contact them to get hold of it.

                  I'm assuming quite a lot of the UE4 integration work is already done as I believe its used in the VR FunHouse demo. But since the release estimate is Q3 I should not get too carried away with my expectations just yet!

                  Comment


                    By the way, did you give up at attempts to integrate the volumetric lighting into UE4? I'm assuming that such a mission was far from trivial!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
                      By the way, did you give up at attempts to integrate the volumetric lighting into UE4? I'm assuming that such a mission was far from trivial!
                      I'm waiting for the UE4 integration. I wasn't able to get passed the differences and what changes were required.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                        I'm waiting for the UE4 integration. I wasn't able to get passed the differences and what changes were required.
                        I don't blame you! Although I haven't actually seen any official confirmation that they are planning an integration of that system with UE4?

                        Anyway thanks so much for being back on the case with releasing timely merged branches of available stuff, superb work and I cannot say thanks enough for your efforts!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                          Hi guys.i have three questions about flex and skeletal meshes.
                          1)if i want to use flex cloth for a skeletal mesh for example should i modelling arms and cloth separately in maya or can be integrated?
                          1) is it possible parts of a skeletal mesh be cloth and other parts are not.for example i want the fabric on the arm be cloth and other parts are not?
                          2) is it possible import an apex file(animated apex cloth) from maya and applying it on a flex cloth on a skeletal mesh?
                          Does anyone have a comment on my questions?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                            1)if i want to use flex cloth for a skeletal mesh for example should i modelling arms and cloth separately in maya or can be integrated?
                            As far as I know, FLEX cloth cannot be used with skeletal meshes at this time.

                            Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                            1) is it possible parts of a skeletal mesh be cloth and other parts are not.for example i want the fabric on the arm be cloth and other parts are not?
                            As per above, no

                            Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                            2) is it possible import an apex file(animated apex cloth) from maya and applying it on a flex cloth on a skeletal mesh?
                            [/QUOTE]

                            No, Flex cloth is authored inside of UE4, by opening the mesh in the static mesh editor and assigning it a FLEX cloth asset and setting the values as required.
                            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                            Comment


                              Thanks for reply.well according to your answer can i attach a FLEX cloth to a socket in a skeletal mesh and using rigid bodies for animating FLEX cloth like skeletal mesh?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                                Thanks for reply.well according to your answer can i attach a FLEX cloth to a socket in a skeletal mesh and using rigid bodies for animating FLEX cloth like skeletal mesh?
                                as far as I know you can't attach it to a socket. The only way connect something is with the option attach on spawn to overlapping rigged. But flex does not collide with skeletal mesh collision so this also doesn't work. It is sad but I thing flex + skeletal mesh is not the thing right now :/

                                Originally posted by Rathren View Post
                                I have a question about flex softbodys. When an object is moving into a soft body it clips through after there is to much pressure. Is there a possibility to make it impossible to clip through by letting it stretch infinite without clipping? Or by making the object stop automatically before it starts to clip?

                                Here a quick example video where you see the kind of clip I want to prevent:




                                If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated and thanks for all the awesome work of implementing Gameworks to UE4!!
                                Btw I assume what I asked in my question is not possible? Or does anyone have an idea for a workaround maybe?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X