NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xabblll View Post
    Awesome job man! I'm curious about one thing. How can I merge two of your branches?
    Not hardcore code rewriting, just your version of 12.5 with Gameworks + Ortho scene capture 2D?
    As I can see ortho branch change 3 files only, but I don't understand how to properly merge them.
    I need to copy-paste these files to Gameworks branch, and build whole thing in VS?
    In this instance, you can just copy the three files across to the GameWorks branch as the GameWorks branch does not touch these files.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Thank you for your effort sir

Comment

Oh! right, I'm such an idiot
        I totally forgot this

Comment

So.... Is NVidia's VR gamework having the same effect as UE4's VR stereo?

Comment

It looks like you can animate a rigid bodies resting positions and the rigid body stiffness in FleX. I’m probably going to see if I can get it to swim in water next and maybe try multiple layers of cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Luupinh View Post
              So.... Is NVidia's VR gamework having the same effect as UE4's VR stereo?
              No, the only part thats integrated into UE4 is MultiRes, which renders the outer portions of the screen at a lower res. Meaning it can be used with Stereo rendering for added performance.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                No, the only part thats integrated into UE4 is MultiRes, which renders the outer portions of the screen at a lower res. Meaning it can be used with Stereo rendering for added performance.
                I have my project with fps under 40~60,

I am thinking to combine with both VR stereo and VR gameworks, see if my FPS can increase a little bit, however my fps is around 60~70 when I enable VR stereo,

and the fps is about the same when I switch project to MultiRes

Is there anything that I do wrong? or the fps just can't go anymore higher

Comment

make sure ur setting the console variable vr.MultiResRendering to 1,2 or 3 (based on how aggressive you want the MultiRes to be). I was able to get significant gains by using 3 and a screen percentage of 200 on my oculus.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    make sure ur setting the console variable vr.MultiResRendering to 1,2 or 3 (based on how aggressive you want the MultiRes to be). I was able to get significant gains by using 3 and a screen percentage of 200 on my oculus.
                    I feel like an annoying idiot just can't stop asking questions, Sorry to bother you guys that much.

right now I switch my vr.MultiResRendering to 3, then when I toggle show FPS it still shows the same value

also I failed to package it with MultiRes 4.11 with the error written as "ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: .....Engine\Plugins\Runtime\LeapMotion\Binaries\Win64\LuxgenS3VR-LeapMotion.lib"

I'm using leapmotion plugin in my project for some purpose.
                    Last edited by Luupinh; 08-10-2016, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luupinh View Post
                      I feel like an annoying idiot just can't stop asking questions, Sorry to bother you guys that much.

right now I switch my vr.MultiResRendering to 3, then when I toggle show FPS it still shows the same value

also I failed to package it with MultiRes 4.11 with the error written as "ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: .....Engine\Plugins\Runtime\LeapMotion\Binaries\Win64\LuxgenS3VR-LeapMotion.lib"

I'm using leapmotion plugin in my project for some purpose.
                      Maybe ur using features that don't work with MultiRes and so therefore not gaining any FPS. I know MultiRes doesn't work with Post Processing Blendables yet (Working on that). But that normally produces visual issues as well, and can cause the FPS to actually drop. As for your packaging issue, the LeapMotion plugin probably needs a dependency or some small modification, I dont know, without looking at the plugin I can't really say much more than that.

Comment

This error popping up... what can i do about it? :|
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1113625
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                          This error popping up... what can i do about it? :|
                          Not entirely sure, never seen that myself, the engine should compile cleanly, have tested this a few times now.

Comment

Just after setup.bat file. When i try to run generate project files this warning popping up.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1113688

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                              Just after setup.bat file. When i try to run generate project files this warning popping up.
                              Yeah they are fine and can be safetly ignored, just deprecated functions.

Comment

Strange... i did redownload and compiled again. Still same. Different partition, folder, permission still same... got no idea whats wrong :/ do i have to test vs 2015?
                                Last edited by Gandosh; 08-13-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X