No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid that until they release all source for GameWorks then AMD users could get support, for now it is just locked down to binary black box.
    tox.chat - Skype alternative
    blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
      I am afraid that until they release all source for GameWorks then AMD users could get support, for now it is just locked down to binary black box.
      Thats the plan, they already have released full source for HairWorks, FaceWorks, Volumetric Lighting, FLEX is around the corner (or so Ive heard). And I wouldn't be surprised if VXGI will open up eventually. And the others. NVIDIA don't have anything to hide.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
        I will have to test, but am nervous to upgrade in case its not fixable. So let me have a think about it.
        Well, remember to shutdown your machine every night before you make up your mind or else������ (I do hope you get a forced update typical win 10 style though������)

Hmmm, can't use emoji here. All jokes don't get serious. Appreciate your work!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=31173]GalaxyMan2015[/MENTION], can you make a tutorial video about "how to merge Nvidia Branches". It would be great if you could do this.

is this your youtube channel?
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeV...g6_yk4PiH-tTQw

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by israfilistek View Post
            Hi @GalaxyMan2015, can you make a tutorial video about "how to merge Nvidia Branches". It would be great if you could do this.

is this your youtube channel?
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeV...g6_yk4PiH-tTQw

Thanks.
            Yes thats my channel, as for making a tutorial video on merging the branches. Not really, as each time I merge its very different. 4.12.5 was easy because all the integrations were already at around 4.12.5. But merging them into 4.13 is challenging as I have to make modifications to the actual integrations to fit the changes made to the engine in 4.13. However I have started and you can obtain a preview 4.13 version with VXGI from my merged thread.

Comment

85 pages lmao
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                Since this has been a long standing bug since far shadow cascades were introduced in the main UE4 branch and I haven't gotten a response since I first mentioned it months ago, I figure it may help to actually show what the problem is. This is a bug -only- present in the VXGI build, the main branch doesn't seem to have this problem:

Text version:

If you have more than 4 shadow cascades of any type, the ones closest to the camera stop rendering.

4 standard cascades = normal
                4 standard + 2 far = the two closest to the camera vanish
                4 standard + 1 far = the one closest to the camera vanishes
                3 standard + 1 far = normal
                4 standard + 4 far = no normal shadow cascades render
                4 standard + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                3 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                2 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = normal
                Was this ever fixed?
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                  Was this ever fixed?
                  Looks like its fixed in my 4.13 VXGI build, due to the way EPIC changed the shadow rendering for caching.

Comment

Yep, just tested it right now. I can confirm it's fixed in the 4.13 build.

Comment

nvida pascal not supported VXGİ ?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post
                        No idea, dont own one, but I dont see why not. Are you saying you have a 1060/70/80 and its not working?

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post
                          Should be working. What do you see going wrong?

Comment

Hi guys!
                            I have this really weird situation that I can't manage to download 4.11
                            https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng.../MultiRes-4.11

this website shows that the branch is set to "release" and said that "@ben-marsh ben-marsh Merge branch '4.7' into release"
                            So I switch the branch into 4.11 version, however no matter how I press "Open in Desktop" I always get the 4.7 version.
                            this works fine if I press "download Zip", but others said that option "download Zip" does not work in 4.11, So I must Open in Desktop.
                            How should I download it.(I might new to github, so bare with me)

Comment

Originally posted by Luupinh View Post
                              Hi guys!
                              I have this really weird situation that I can't manage to download 4.11
                              https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng.../MultiRes-4.11

this website shows that the branch is set to "release" and said that "@ben-marsh ben-marsh Merge branch '4.7' into release"
                              So I switch the branch into 4.11 version, however no matter how I press "Open in Desktop" I always get the 4.7 version.
                              this works fine if I press "download Zip", but others said that option "download Zip" does not work in 4.11, So I must Open in Desktop.
                              How should I download it.(I might new to github, so bare with me)
                              When you "Open in Desktop" your obtaining the entire repo (All branches). So you have to switch to the branch you want after you have cloned it to your computer.

Comment

Awesome job man! I'm curious about one thing. How can I merge two of your branches?
                                Not hardcore code rewriting, just your version of 12.5 with Gameworks + Ortho scene capture 2D?
                                As I can see ortho branch change 3 files only, but I don't understand how to properly merge them.
                                I need to copy-paste these files to Gameworks branch, and build whole thing in VS?

Comment

Working...
                                X