Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by joe.real View Post
    For some reason, I had to set r.PostProcessAAQuality 4 in the console to get AA working.
    Super, it worked, thank you! I was afraid not to use VXGI because of this problem. And I found no solution on google ...

    Thanks again.

    Comment


      You need to use root motion of some kind to have hair react to movement, as it will not respond to just the character moving around. ie. I animated the root bone of my animation to bob up and down to have the hair react to moving around.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

      Comment


        Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
        Hello, thank you for this compilation GameWorks. Everything works and vxgi is impressive.
        That said, the anti-aliasing (FXAA and temporal AA) does not work with me. Do you know how to fix this?

        Yet it is enabled in Project Settings and postprocessing. It is a rather annoying problem, thank you in advance. I use UE4 12.5
        Originally posted by joe.real View Post
        For some reason, I had to set r.PostProcessAAQuality 4 in the console to get AA working.
        Thanks for finding a solution, I'll look into why its the case.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

        Comment


          Unfortunately, this fix is only temporary. AA temporal off unexpectedly randomly .. then have to re-enter the console command.
          As long as you are in the GameWorks compilation, you will be it possible to add PhysX Dynamic Heightfield in addition to all that you have included?

          https://developer.nvidia.com/content...-modifications

          It would be really great to have a ground which is deformed. I tried to integrate Polyvox to EU4, but I am not happened ... I'm a beginner ....

          Comment


            Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
            Unfortunately, this fix is only temporary. AA temporal off unexpectedly randomly .. then have to re-enter the console command.
            As long as you are in the GameWorks compilation, you will be it possible to add PhysX Dynamic Heightfield in addition to all that you have included?

            https://developer.nvidia.com/content...-modifications

            It would be really great to have a ground which is deformed. I tried to integrate Polyvox to EU4, but I am not happened ... I'm a beginner ....
            Probably not, as this would only take care of the collision data, would still need to rewrite the rendering portion to support actually changing the landscape tris. Not a trivial task, and I am not really in need of this functionality at this time.
            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

            Comment


              Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              Probably not, as this would only take care of the collision data, would still need to rewrite the rendering portion to support actually changing the landscape tris. Not a trivial task, and I am not really in need of this functionality at this time.
              I understand. Anyway I thank you again for compiling features nvidia, it's really nice.

              Comment


                Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
                Unfortunately, this fix is only temporary. AA temporal off unexpectedly randomly .. then have to re-enter the console command.
                I figured it out, its part of the NVIDIA upscale algorithm thats in Cataclysm. It disables AA. Open up the ConsoleVariables.ini and remove the below entries. If you want to use the upscale algorithm in the future. you need to set those params again.

                Code:
                ; NVCHANGE_BEGIN: Improve super-sampling
                r.Upscale.Quality=4
                r.ScreenPercentage.Editor=1
                r.ScreenPercentage=100
                r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
                ; NVCHANGE_END: Improve super-sampling
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                Comment


                  Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                  I figured it out, its part of the NVIDIA upscale algorithm thats in Cataclysm. It disables AA. Open up the ConsoleVariables.ini and remove the below entries. If you want to use the upscale algorithm in the future. you need to set those params again.

                  Code:
                  ; NVCHANGE_BEGIN: Improve super-sampling
                  r.Upscale.Quality=4
                  r.ScreenPercentage.Editor=1
                  r.ScreenPercentage=100
                  r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
                  ; NVCHANGE_END: Improve super-sampling
                  Thank you very much, I raised several times the editor and temporal AA works normally.

                  Comment


                    With the official integration of Hairworks 1.2 into Unreal 4.12, has anyone experienced performance lag when simulating hair?

                    To test what I was seeing in the engine, I've loaded the same exact project in FurViewer versions 1.1 and 1.2 and noted that Hair will now act very stiffly even jaggedly, and in "slow motion" when animated in 1.2 as opposed to 1.1. where the hair animates normally. Additionally, when the model stops animation, the hair flows freely.

                    Initially I attempted to re-adjust stiffness and gravity, however when I noted the jagged nature of the Hairworks animation I understood that it may be related to an Animation+performance issue that turned up with the update .

                    Has anyone else encountered this? Specifically with shoulder length hair.
                    Last edited by DahliaLynn; 08-01-2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: Clarity
                    Cinematic Design

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DahliaLynn View Post
                      With the official integration of Hairworks 1.2 into Unreal 4.12, has anyone experienced performance lag when simulating hair?

                      To test what I was seeing in the engine, I've loaded the same exact project in FurViewer versions 1.1 and 1.2 and noted that Hair will now act very stiffly even jaggedly, and in "slow motion" when animated in 1.2 as opposed to 1.1. where the hair animates normally. Additionally, when the model stops animation, the hair flows freely.

                      Initially I attempted to re-adjust stiffness and gravity, however when I noted the jagged nature of the Hairworks animation I understood that it may be related to an Animation+performance issue that turned up with the update .

                      Has anyone else encountered this? Specifically with shoulder length hair.
                      Not sure if this will help you or not, as I did notice much stiffer simulation with the same settings in v1.2. Until I set this console command in UE4:

                      Code:
                      r.HairWorks.FrameRateIndependentRendering 1
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                      Comment


                        Hi Galaxyman

                        Thank you for the advice!

                        I tried that (and every other Hairworks console setting I could find that could potentially solve the issue) which didn't show much difference, however I've just figured out the solution.

                        I re-exported the original Hair asset from Maya using the new "1.2" HairWorks plug-in and lo and behold, the hair works perfectly!

                        Apparently some 1.11 assets wont work as intended with the latest build. (I have another 1.11 asset that seems to work fine)
                        Cinematic Design

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by simpple View Post
                          If you look at the video package Hair Works

                          It's invisible hair.

                          How can I solve this?

                          Hair Works received the 4.12 version.
                          https://youtu.be/4JGsW0LDtSs
                          Hi.

                          In packaged games, render commands are queued and executed later, which is different from editor. We have locally fixed this problem. I'm thinking of pointing you to my private GitHub branch. You can treat is as a preview and try.

                          You can also try to define PLATFORM_RHITHREAD_DEFAULT_BYPASS to 1.

                          Thanks.

                          Comment


                            Is anyone using GalaxyMan's engine and upgraded to the latest Win10? The anniversary update, Redstone or something? It broke my Flex completely, I can't see any FlexActor after I click the Play button... It was fine yesterday...

                            Comment


                              Hi, I hope to use Nvidia Flex on UE4, I wonder whether AMD cards support Nvidia Flex or not. Please let me know any information about this

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by vito0719 View Post
                                Is anyone using GalaxyMan's engine and upgraded to the latest Win10? The anniversary update, Redstone or something? It broke my Flex completely, I can't see any FlexActor after I click the Play button... It was fine yesterday...
                                I will have to test, but am nervous to upgrade in case its not fixable. So let me have a think about it.

                                Originally posted by Kluze View Post
                                Hi, I hope to use Nvidia Flex on UE4, I wonder whether AMD cards support Nvidia Flex or not. Please let me know any information about this
                                The current version of FLEX integrated into UE4 is not compatible with AMD cards as far as I am aware. There is a Direct Compute version coming some time down the path (no ETA as to when this will be available).
                                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X