• Show
Clear All

If you look at the video package Hair Works

It's invisible hair.

How can I solve this?

Hair Works received the 4.12 version.
    https://youtu.be/4JGsW0LDtSs

Comment

So what's the status on this? Will Cataclysm come with UE4? And what happened to FLEX?

P.S: Does nvidia's github branches update with the engine or are they lagging 1 version behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Kensei View Post
        So what's the status on this?
        Epic has no interest in taking any of this into the main branch so it's always going to be a separate one Nvidia maintains.

Will Cataclysm come with UE4?
        It already has, literally everything you've seen on it has been in the UE4.
        https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng.../CataclysmDemo

And what happened to FLEX?
        Nothing, it's still here.
        https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

P.S: Does nvidia's github branches update with the engine or are they lagging 1 version behind?
        Depends on whether or not they have the time really, it's inconsistent. Sometimes it'll skip a version or two. You can always do it yourself though in theory.

Comment

can someone try to compile the newest Hairworks build with visual studio update 3? im getting errors all the time.. ediate\Build\Win64\ShaderCompileWorker\Development\Core\Module.Core.8_of_8.cpp : error C4599: '/IC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\

Comment

Well I fail to understand how FLEX is different from Cataclysm, I mean, they are both universal fluid solvers right?

Comment

Well I fail to understand how FLEX is different from Cataclysm, I mean, they are both universal fluid solvers right?
              Flex is a unified solver in the sense that it supports fluids, cloth, soft-bodies, made purely from particles. Cataclysm is a fluid-only solver based on the FLIP method, meaning it uses particles + a background grid, or volume texture, for one part of the fluid calculations. This allows it to scale to higher particle counts than Flex fluids, which are based on an SPH model. Personally I would recommend Cataclysm for large bodies of water, and Flex for small to medium scale effects like splashes, puddles (or if you need fluids to interact with other objects).
              Last edited by Miles.Macklin; 07-26-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Is there still any chance of a DirectCompute version of Flex?
                check my blog - cybereality.com

Comment

hey guys can someone confirm this??? https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-459805

Comment

The HairWorks branch is only at 4.12.4 which means it doesn't contain the necessary fixes that are in 4.12.5 that allow VS2015 SP3 to work. Try my branch, its built to 4.12.5 and therefore works fine with VS2015 SP3, I know as thats what I am using.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                      The HairWorks branch is only at 4.12.4 which means it doesn't contain the necessary fixes that are in 4.12.5 that allow VS2015 SP3 to work. Try my branch, its built to 4.12.5 and therefore works fine with VS2015 SP3, I know as thats what I am using.
                      Thank you GalaxyMan2015 for all your hard works.I am very happy that you after a long time released your branch.Well i have two questions:

1)Is this branch is like your last release 4.9.2 with vxgi,flex,hairwork and wavework?
                      2)Do you have any plane for releasing your branch again in 4.13 version.because of big features in 4.13 like vertex animation,alembic importer and so many features.if no can you explain briefly how i can merge all nvidia gamework branches into one like yours.
                      thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                        1)Is this branch is like your last release 4.9.2 with vxgi,flex,hairwork and wavework?
                        yes and Cataclysm

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                        2)Do you have any plane for releasing your branch again in 4.13 version.because of big features in 4.13 like vertex animation,alembic importer and so many features.if no can you explain briefly how i can merge all nvidia gamework branches into one like yours.
                        thanks for your reply.
                        There is really no step by step guide, sometimes its easy, especially when the branch NVIDIA has is the same version of UE4 as the one your merging into, such as it was this time around for most of them, other times its much more challenging, like upgrading WaveWorks from 4.9.2 to 4.12.5. As a lot of rendering changes were made, so had to modify a lot of code to make it work again.
                        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

yes and Cataclysm

There is really no step by step guide, sometimes its easy, especially when the branch NVIDIA has is the same version of UE4 as the one your merging into, such as it was this time around for most of them, other times its much more challenging, like upgrading WaveWorks from 4.9.2 to 4.12.5. As a lot of rendering changes were made, so had to modify a lot of code to make it work again.
                          Wow Cataclysm.thanks for reply

Comment

yes and Cataclysm

Hello, thank you for this compilation GameWorks. Everything works and vxgi is impressive.
                            That said, the anti-aliasing (FXAA and temporal AA) does not work with me. Do you know how to fix this?

Yet it is enabled in Project Settings and postprocessing. It is a rather annoying problem, thank you in advance. I use UE4 12.5

Comment

FXAA only works if I force in the nvidia driver. But AA temporal really does not want to work. I have tried disabling SLI, but it changes nothing.

Please, AA temporal is more important than VXGI, but I would really use VXGI too. I have no idea how to fix this ...

Comment

Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
                                FXAA only works if I force in the nvidia driver. But AA temporal really does not want to work. I have tried disabling SLI, but it changes nothing.

Please, AA temporal is more important than VXGI, but I would really use VXGI too. I have no idea how to fix this ...
                                For some reason, I had to set r.PostProcessAAQuality 4 in the console to get AA working.

Comment

Working...
                                X