No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates regarding GameWorks integration for 4.11/4.12?
    Check out Overboard!

Comment

After hours of hammering away at the crash I mentioned at https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post543352 for hours, I managed to find the problem specifically.

The crash only occurs in my scene when "VXGI Cone Tracing" is enabled in a translucent material. This is in the current 4.12.2 build on the Nvidia Github that I redownloaded and recompiled from scratch tonight to make sure nothing else would interfere.

Comment

Any news on when FleX will be updated to support 4.12? I wouldn't mind if it was skipped to 4.13 to be honest though.
        VR Virtual Keyboard Marketplace Asset: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rtual-keyboard

Comment

I've built vxgi many times in the past but I cannot build the 4.12 version. I get these messages... anyone has a solution ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1108850

EDIT : Fixed, I moved the whole folder to c:/ so the file path is less than 248 characters!
          Last edited by heartlessphil; 06-22-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

HairWorks1.1.1.2 UE4.11.2 integration.
            HairWorks1.2 UE4.12.x integration?

Comment

+1

Hairworks for 4.12

Comment

I was just checking out the Nvidia fluid rendering sample.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	water.png
Views:	1
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	1109011

Just want to check a few things before I try implementing it.
                1. Does anyone know what method Nvidia used to render their original FleX samples?
                2. Is there an existing implementation of this style of rendering in UE4 already?
                3. It seems like a easy shader to implement. I feel like there's a reason that it wasn't used in the UE4 FleX integration. Maybe issues like rendering performance or artifacts? It does have an artifact where you can’t see further surfaces through the volume but I don't mind it.

I think this method might not support mixing liquids e.g oil and water. Because of this I'm guessing that it's not the same method used in the original FleX samples.

The pdf file has more information about this method than the site link.

Comment

Hey guys Have been trying for about a week without success to compile the latest Flex build. I got git desktop and clone it in but then for the life of me can not figure out how to get it to merge and update. Everything I try from synching to updating says there are unresolved conflicts to take care of before I can merge it and commit. I have tried building other versions with the zip download but that seems to fail for other reasons listed in the git page. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am a noob with this git stuff

Comment

FleX got updated to 4.12 and VXGI got the 4.12.3 update, awesome! Thank you for the amazing work!

One question though, FleX has a different way to get everything setup due to the files that could be overwritten due to running setup.bat. Although the work around for FleX is there, does this in any way change the ability to merge FleX and VXGI without a bunch of issues from occurring?
                    VR Virtual Keyboard Marketplace Asset: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...rtual-keyboard

Comment

Just did a test with VXGI in VR. Frame Rate was sporadic and there also seemed to be weird occlusion issues. In my scene, I had the material at the end of a torch set to a VXGI emissive material. in VR, I walked around with the torch as the ONLY light source. Sometimes it looked fine. Other times, there was no light when there should have been.

It's a shame this doesn't work as I would have imagined because it can clearly create a gorgeously lit environment

-S
                      Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Since this has been a long standing bug since far shadow cascades were introduced in the main UE4 branch and I haven't gotten a response since I first mentioned it months ago, I figure it may help to actually show what the problem is. This is a bug -only- present in the VXGI build, the main branch doesn't seem to have this problem:

Text version:

If you have more than 4 shadow cascades of any type, the ones closest to the camera stop rendering.

4 standard cascades = normal
                        4 standard + 2 far = the two closest to the camera vanish
                        4 standard + 1 far = the one closest to the camera vanishes
                        3 standard + 1 far = normal
                        4 standard + 4 far = no normal shadow cascades render
                        4 standard + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                        3 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                        2 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = normal
                        Last edited by Zero-Night; 06-30-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

hey guys.in vxgi 4.9.1 branch vxgi,hbao+,flex,wavework and hairwork are Integrated but in last branch when i download and compile it only vxgi and hbao+ exist(I am right?).please anyone can tell me how to integrate vxgi,hairwork and flex.my project needs them together.
                          thanks.

Comment

I hope to use Nvidia Faceworks, when this integrate in ue4? anyone who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                              Since this has been a long standing bug since far shadow cascades were introduced in the main UE4 branch and I haven't gotten a response since I first mentioned it months ago, I figure it may help to actually show what the problem is. This is a bug -only- present in the VXGI build, the main branch doesn't seem to have this problem:

Text version:

If you have more than 4 shadow cascades of any type, the ones closest to the camera stop rendering.

4 standard cascades = normal
                              4 standard + 2 far = the two closest to the camera vanish
                              4 standard + 1 far = the one closest to the camera vanishes
                              3 standard + 1 far = normal
                              4 standard + 4 far = no normal shadow cascades render
                              4 standard + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                              3 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = the cascade closest to the camera vanishes
                              2 standard + 1 far + distance field shadows = normal
                              Same problem here.
                              Artstation
                              Join the support channel
                              Gumroad Store

Comment

Hi.

UE4.12+HairWorks1.2 is online!

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X