NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
    Ok. It looks like your first attempt was based on a slightly older version of the integration, which contained some bugs that caused these errors in non-Editor build configurations. I fixed them yesterday.
    Man, you are awesome, I am reading some PDF and slides made by you, they are truly useful!

Comment

Ok. I re-downloaded it and it compiled ok. When I run it though I get a new error:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-|1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling etc...

If I click ok a few times it goes and I get the original shadercompileworker errors that I was getting before. Not sure what's going on. Any help ?

Comment

The same for me,
        I have Windows 7 x64
        and I have copied "D3Dcompiler_47.dll" under system32 but I have the same errors/behaviour of [MENTION=34761]Chaosrik[/MENTION]

Comment

What are the license costs for using GameWorks? Specifically WaveWorks. It is for free to use the WaveWorks SDK with UE4.

Comment

i got same problem with [MENTION=34761]Chaosrik[/MENTION] too
            Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosrik View Post
              Ok. I re-downloaded it and it compiled ok. When I run it though I get a new error:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-|1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer, try reinstalling etc...

If I click ok a few times it goes and I get the original shadercompileworker errors that I was getting before. Not sure what's going on. Any help ?
              Ookay... Microsoft isn't making it easy. They actually have different versions of d3dcompiler_47, and apparently the newest one requires some system DLLs that are not present on win7.
              There is another version of this DLL present in the UE distribution, here:
              Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\CEF3\Win64\d3dcompiler_47.dll

Please try either a) copying it over to Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI; or b) setting r.D3DCompilerPath to point to that DLL. If it works on your systems, I'll replace the DLL in the repository.

Comment

Ookay... Microsoft isn't making it easy. They actually have different versions of d3dcompiler_47, and apparently the newest one requires some system DLLs that are not present on win7.

Please try either a) copying it over to Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGI; or b) setting r.D3DCompilerPath to point to that DLL. If it works on your systems, I'll replace the DLL in the repository.
                Ok, copying the dll over seems to work now. Thanks a lot for that

Comment

Works for me too (option a)...
                  I had copied the other version before.
                  Thanks

Comment

hey Alexey,
                    can you tell us when flow and PhysX GRB will be integrated? thx

Comment

Originally posted by olek View Post
                      hey Alexey,
                      Im curious about that too. Especially GRB.

Comment

Originally posted by olek View Post
                        hey Alexey,
                        Yes.flow and PhysX GRB are amazing.i cant wait for their integration with ue4.

Comment

The page for nvidia flow, which I had never even managed to find before today, says June 2016 for a flow beta release, and Q3 2016 for UE4 integration.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-flow

Comment

As soon as I enable Diffuse Tracing anything outside VXGI range lose specularity.

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to add, this problem happens only if I enter r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1 command. Without it, the square isn't there when I enable Diffuse Tracing.

Edit 2: Removing the directional light narrows the problem down to skylight having no effect outside the vxgi range when vxao is enabled.
                            Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 06-01-2016, 09:30 AM.
                            Artstation
                            Join the support channel
                            Gumroad Store

Comment

This image shows that the skylight has no effect outside the VXGI range when VXAO is enabled. Can anyone confirm this is a problem with the VXGI 4.12 ?

Repro steps:

1. Create a landscape (doesn't need to be huge, just big enough so you'll have some space to see outside the VXGI range. The image below is a 512x512 meters landscape).
                              2. Only add a Skylight and set to movable.
                              3. Enable Diffuse Tracing in PPV
                              4. Enter r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1 to enable VXAO

Artstation
                              Join the support channel
                              Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                                Can anyone confirm this is a problem with the VXGI 4.12 ?
                                Confirmed. Also in 4.10
                                Would be great if Alexey could tell us how to circumvent this issue.
                                @Alexey.Panteleev ?
                                https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Working...
                                X