No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I have trouble making fluid particles stack: they collapse into a single layer even though "Self Collide" is true.

EDIT: Stacking does work, what tricked me was that the size of the particle sprites was vastly bigger than the particles themselves.
    Last edited by ZoltanE; 05-09-2016, 01:29 AM.
    Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist

Comment

Is there a way to change a flex container's properties (gravity, adhesion, etc) at runtime from blueprints?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltanE View Post
        Has anyone figured out how to set things up with VS2015? I've been following the steps on this page as best as I could:
        https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

1: git clone https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git
        Well, I got the zip.

2a: You should now be on the release branch.
        Yep that's what I got as a zip.

2b: Run setup.bat.
        It ran without errors.

2c: You can now run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
        "ERROR: We couldn't find a valid installation of Visual Studio. This program requires either Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2012."
        The 14.0 common tools path is there. What should I try next?

what worked for me (i am using vs 2015 community edition ) :
        - grab the zip source from github
        - extract it somewehre
        - run this
        Setup.bat -exclude=WinRT -exclude=Linux -exclude=Linux32 -exclude=osx64 -exclude=osx32 -exclude=IOS -include=HTML5 -include=Android
        - run the generate.bat script
        - loading the ue4 solution and building the engine

also keep in mind that the C++ component is not included by default when installing VS, you have to check that explicitly

hope it helps

Comment

Thanks issam1975!

Comment

Hmm.. I tried steps to build flex following issam1975 and still getting errors...
            starting from scratch
            [MENTION=31173]GalaxyMan2015[/MENTION] any ETA on your integrated 4.11 build? I really want to use new sequencer in combo with flex

Thanks!
            Last edited by catalejo; 05-10-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

But the version number on the loading ui is still 4.10.0?

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                Hmm.. I tried steps to build flex following issam1975 and still getting errors...
                starting from scratch
                [MENTION=31173]GalaxyMan2015[/MENTION] any ETA on your integrated 4.11 build? I really want to use new sequencer in combo with flex

Thanks!
                Perhaps try what I said when someone else had problems about a month ago. It's really important to follow the specific instructions in the flex readme, which are a bit different to normal UE4 build instructions:

I got it working, and I was also using VS Community 2015. You have to follow the instructions in the readme of this FleX version - downloading the zip is no good, you have to go about everything in a particular way to avoid overwriting files that FleX needs.

I did skip the second part of step 2, which invites us to prepare, compile & run the main one before even getting the flex stuff. Because at this point it still complained about not having visual studio 2012 or 2013, presumably because it was an older version of UE. Happily once the steps afterwards are followed and the FleX version gets merged in, it then works with VS 2015.

Comment

At the moment I have a problem with LPV and VXGI. (VXGI build 4.10+VXGI-1.0.0.20520133) In one of my projects I could use both at the same time. But in my current project LPV do not work. I activated it with the "ConsoleVariables.ini". But when I check it in the output log of my project, the Light Propagation Volume is switched off. I donĀ“t understand this. Is there somewhere a resource conflict or something else? Or could this be a bug in the current VXGI release? My lights are also set up correctly for LPV. Very strange... I would be very grateful if someone could help me...
                  Last edited by Maxwell_77; 05-17-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I tried to prototype this game with NVIDIA FleX.

May #UE4JAM Submission Thread
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post530785

thank you.
                    Last edited by sleepingdragon; 05-17-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

im having problems with preview for vr in multi res 4.11
                      Its grayed out, however all my other projects using normal 4.11 work fine.

Im using an oculus rift dk2 with the or sdk 0.8

any ideas?
                      JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

What happened to the git links? They are 404ing :/

My UE4 account is linked with my GitHub.

Like - https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/

Click image for larger version

Name:	nQ9wKBV.png
Views:	1
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	1106726
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Vallamost; 05-21-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallamost View Post
                          What happened to the git links? They are 404ing :/

My UE4 account is linked with my GitHub.

Like - https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94206[/ATTACH]
                          It works, you should log in first

Comment

rom that you are getting only the default branch. Now you must do:

git branch VXGI origin/VXGI

also
                            git branch FLEX origin/FLEX

git branch WaveWorks origin/WaveWorks

Then you are ready to make a new branch from release and merge the others to it.

How do we do it.

where do we find "git branch VXGI origin/VXGI" git branch FLEX origin/FLEX"etc.?

Comment

First of all Thanks to Galexyman2015 and other peoples from NVIDIA.
                              UE 4.12 is coming with preview 5 .well when the gamework integration for ue4.11 is over.Is this project still ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                                First of all Thanks to Galexyman2015 and other peoples from NVIDIA.
                                UE 4.12 is coming with preview 5 .well when the gamework integration for ue4.11 is over.Is this project still ongoing.
                                I think they will continue updating along UE4 does. Because VR has a bright future and Epic Games has incorporated with Nvidia on VR SLI, they will make UE4 better and better.
                                I hope they could just skip 4.11 and jump to 4.12 since I have seen some important graphic features achieved in 4.12. It would be awesome for new UE4 features work with newer version gameworks features.
                                I really can't wait to see frustum traced shadow and volumetric lighting being integrated into UE4.

Comment

Working...
                                X