NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
    You build it after you build the entire UE4 engine of this version ?
    idk.
    I build it after, for obvious reasons (;. (didn't know it won't work before I build engine).

Anyway. I tried it on Elemental map, and.. I can't get it to work. I enabled VXGI on directional light, and in post process volume, and.. nothing happens.
    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
      idk.
      I build it after, for obvious reasons (;. (didn't know it won't work before I build engine).

Anyway. I tried it on Elemental map, and.. I can't get it to work. I enabled VXGI on directional light, and in post process volume, and.. nothing happens.
      Hmm. Sounds bad then. Did it work in the Cornell Box sample provided in this branch?

Comment

Hmm. Sounds bad then. Did it work in the Cornell Box sample provided in this branch?
        Yeah, cornel box works just fine, so I guess I miss some magic setting somwhere.
        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Yeah, cornel box works just fine, so I guess I miss some magic setting somwhere.
          Have enabled: "Force no pre-computed lightning" on the world settings?

Click the tiny bird!
          It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
            Have enabled: "Force no pre-computed lightning" on the world settings?
            Yeah, But I found magic setting:

r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable=1
            r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable=1
            r.VXGI.Range=50

Unfortunetly, it plain crashes engine, on elemental map.

Comment

r.VXGI.Range=50

Maybe is a problem with your graphics card?

Click the tiny bird!
              It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

You telling me that my GTX 780 is not enough ? ;p

Ok more tests.
                SunTemple.
                Enabling those settings, doesn't crash engine, but they also doesn't change anything. Still no GI 0o.
                Last edited by iniside; 02-18-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hello friends,

Sorry for the delay in VXGI, and the rough start. I had to do some unexpected travel last week prior to Friday the 13th, and also the VXGI team needed extra time for last-minute changes. I was just trying to figure out this shader compiler memory problem when one of the VXGI developers pointed out that you already figured it out! Very pleasant surprise there.

Also sorry for whatever rough edges are coming up, we haven't had the luxury of testing on absolutely every combination of GeForce card, OS and driver. If you have a crash, please update to the latest Nv driver if you haven't already, and let me know the model of graphics card, OS version (Win7, 8.1, etc.), and anything else you can think of. We will try to reproduce these as we go along. I've opened non-VXGI maps successfully in this branch, so I doubt it's very widespread problem.

Regarding TurfEffects, I don't think we'll see a UE4 integration until post-GDC, things have become rather busy lately. On the bright side, we might see the HairWorks integration up by GDC.

--Mike

Comment

You telling me that my GTX 780 is not enough ? ;p

Ok more tests.
                    SunTemple.
                    Enabling those settings, doesn't crash engine, but they also doesn't change anything. Still no GI 0o.
                    I run the VXGI maps on a 680, so you should be fine to run it.

Comment

I uploaded a brief overview doc to the repo, it's in the UnrealEngine directory. It's too big to attach here, look for UE4_VXGI_Overview.pdf.

--Mike

Comment

Thanks I see I missed setting in material.

As for my crash with elemental demo:

I'm using
                        Windows 10 (latest)
                        i5 4670k OC 4.3Ghz
                        GTX780 (no OC).
                        24GB of ram.

Log file doesn't show anything useful, I might try to run it later from visual studio.

Comment

r.VXGI.Range=50

Where do you put these commands please?

What do you mean? setting material for what? Lights?

Comment

As for my crash with elemental demo:

I'm using
                            Windows 10 (latest)
                            i5 4670k OC 4.3Ghz
                            GTX780 (no OC).
                            24GB of ram.

Log file doesn't show anything useful, I might try to run it later from visual studio.
                            I'm still on Win7 myself, not sure if anyone on the VXGI team is using Win10, but hopefully that's not a problem. I'll ask around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
                              I uploaded a brief overview doc to the repo, it's in the UnrealEngine directory. It's too big to attach here, look for UE4_VXGI_Overview.pdf.

--Mike
                              Welcome back and thanks for the upload you and the Nvidia team.
                              I downloaded the first zip file and I couldn'tgenerate project files. I was still downloading the new version from zip after adding NVAPI and I just stopped it after I saw you uploaded an overview doc. Does the zip file get upated too and where do I find it in the new zip? Thanks !

Comment

Where do you put these commands please?

What do you mean? setting material for what? Lights?
                                Those are console commands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgi_doc_snip.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1066693

Comment

Working...
                                X