NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
    Your Titan Black is a solid GPU. I have tried VXGI on both the Titan and Titan X and sure, the X is ofc faster but the Titan also ran it without much issues. You're doing the VXAO thing correctly. Just know that if you switch from VXGI, you are very likely to indeed run into a very occluded scene first time you toggle. You need to compensate for this with the VXGI ambient section in your Post-Processing volume.
    Thanks, it feels strange that VXGI 0.9 Unreal Engine 4.10.0 version doesn't have ambient setting but 4.10.4 has one. However, I have problem in both version. As I said before, when I isolate AO pass in 4.10.0, the viewport shows only AO on screen. When I switch to 4.10.4, it doesn't work. Console command only turn off VXGI but doesn't turn VXAO on and restarting project doesn't turn VXAO on either, I am so frustrated with it...

Comment

Originally posted by netseeker View Post
      Thanks, it feels strange that VXGI 0.9 Unreal Engine 4.10.0 version doesn't have ambient setting but 4.10.4 has one. However, I have problem in both version. As I said before, when I isolate AO pass in 4.10.0, the viewport shows only AO on screen. When I switch to 4.10.4, it doesn't work. Console command only turn off VXGI but doesn't turn VXAO on and restarting project doesn't turn VXAO on either, I am so frustrated with it...
      What happens if you put the command in your Consolevariables.ini (on your latest build of VXGI, and please doublecheck you really do work with the latest build just to make sure)
      Here's what I start the editor with when I want to work in VXAO mode:

Consolevariables.ini (UE4vgxibuild\Engine\Config\)

Code:
      r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable=1
      r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable=1
      r.VXGI.MultiBounceEnable=1
      r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR=1
      r.VXGI.MapSize=128
      r.VXGI.Range=512
      r.HBAO.Enable=1
      r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode=1
      Note you don't need all of the above but maybe try and see if it helps?
      https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

http://byzantos.com/ <- Is there a chance that author will share his amazing VXGI demos for users (compiled to *.exe) ? Especially UE4 VXGI Forest is really interesting experiment. I would like to test it on my computer in real time
        Last edited by gtx570; 04-12-2016, 11:25 AM. Reason: additional words

Comment

Originally posted by gtx570 View Post
          http://byzantos.com/ <- Is there a chance that author will share his amazing VXGI demos for users (compiled to *.exe) ? Especially UE4 VXGI Forest is really interesting experiment. I would like to test it on my computer in real time
          I'll try for sure. It's not very easy to make a .exe with VXGI that contains something interesting and also runs on a lot of different hardware. Most of the demo's I made up till now have fairly high quality settings. I manage to squeeze out 20-30 fps on a Titan-X. That limits their usage to a very select few. Also with things like the Forest example, all assets are from the Kite Demo. I'm sure you are familiar with their enormous texture and memory requirements (which is why I use them for my tests cause if those run, it can only go uphill ). I'm currently in the process of creating something I can actually share but please give it some time :-)
          https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
            What happens if you put the command in your Consolevariables.ini (on your latest build of VXGI, and please doublecheck you really do work with the latest build just to make sure)
            Here's what I start the editor with when I want to work in VXAO mode:

Consolevariables.ini (UE4vgxibuild\Engine\Config\)

Code:
            r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable=1
            r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable=1
            r.VXGI.MultiBounceEnable=1
            r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR=1
            r.VXGI.MapSize=128
            r.VXGI.Range=512
            r.HBAO.Enable=1
            r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode=1
            Note you don't need all of the above but maybe try and see if it helps?
            After I put all these into console variables file, it still doesn't work. I found that the problem is VXGI doesn't generate AO on my end. When I turned off SSAO and HBAO+, I got no AO at all. And when I used VXAO console command to switch it on, it still cancels GI pass without giving me AO result. I tried both 4.10.0 and 4.10.4 which is the latest version. So do I need to recompile the engine files or it is a glitch?

Edit:
            After I started a whole new project, it actually worked. AO looks great and very stable. Finally, I realize that the problem is the distance field shadow. I am using it in my current project to get better far shadows. It works with XVGI properly. However, the only problem is VXAO. I don't know why it constantly gives me wrong result.
            I made my decision. I will stay with distance field shadow and HBAO+ because my project contains foliage far away from camera and AO is barely noticeable but poor quality of cascade shadow at long distance is extremely obvious. BTW, I am using LPV as well. LPV and VXGI can even work together, distance field technologies work with LPV as well. But I still want VXAO+LPV+Distance field shadow. Guess I have to wait new branch release.
            Last edited by netseeker; 04-12-2016, 02:02 PM. Reason: change distance based shadow to distance field shadow for a correct terminology

Comment

Are we getting Hybrid Frustum Traced Shadows?
              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Sorry for beeing hardcore noob but is there a tutorial how to get Nvdia effects working in ue4?

I alreasy connectet my UE4 account to github....but whats next?

Comment

Originally posted by marvelmaster87 View Post
                  Sorry for beeing hardcore noob but is there a tutorial how to get Nvdia effects working in ue4?

I alreasy connectet my UE4 account to github....but whats next?
                  Which effects do you want in first ? VXGI, Flex, Turbulence, HBAO, Waveworks and Hairworks, each branch separately or custom merged version (all features in one source) ???

Comment

I want just Turbulence :O

Comment

goodluck ...
                      Last edited by 二十七杯酒; 04-15-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Is there a possibility that no one would integrate VXGI with 4.11 ?
                        Artstation
                        Join the support channel
                        Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                          Is there a possibility that no one would integrate VXGI with 4.11 ?
                          Alexey said he is working on it, but it will take some time.
                          Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          Regarding VXGI and UE 4.11: I started working on the port, but it’s not high priority now. And it looks like Epic made significant changes to the mesh rendering code, so it’s not going to be as easy as “git rebase”.

Comment

Maybe by the time 4.12 is around the corner?
                            Artstation
                            Join the support channel
                            Gumroad Store

Comment

Is there any way to access the GI pass for post processing in the material editor?
                              Origin of Storms

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                                I have spent the entire day trying to get Substance and Ikinema to work with flex 4.11, but not luck at all. This is the error message I get when I try to compile my project with the substance plugin (4.11.0.12 downloaded from GitHub):

2>------ Build started: Project: StairsGameBP, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                                2> Creating makefile for StairsGameBPEditor (no existing makefile)
                                2> Performing 4 actions (4 in parallel)
                                2> Module.SubstanceEditor.cpp
                                2> Module.SubstanceCore.cpp
                                2>c:\unrealengineflex\unrealengine\engine\intermediate\build\win64\ue4editor\inc\unrealed\ActorFactoryFlex.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "ActorFactoryFlex.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in ActorFactoryFlex.h"
                                2> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                                2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Anders\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameBP 4.11\Plugins\Substance\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.dll
                                2> Total build time: 51,84 seconds
                                2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\UnrealEngineFlex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat StairsGameBPEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Anders\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameBP 4.11\StairsGameBP.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
                                ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And the Ikinema plugin is set up so that when you compile in Visual Studio it ignores the plugin, but when you try to open the project in UE4 it asks to recompile the plugin but fails.
                                If anyone else is having issues with the substance plugin and flex, there is now an update to the flex branch that fixes this issue, se this pull request

I found a solutions to the ikinema problem thanks to xulture in this thread. In the IKinema plugins folder go to Binaries\Win64 and open UE4Editor.modules and check that the build number is the same as in UE4Editor.modules from your "path to your engine folder"\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.modules

Good luck
                                Last edited by Number47; 04-16-2016, 07:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X