NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
    Has anyone noticed with the latest VXGI-4.10 version that distance field shadows don't work at all (whether vxgi is on or not)? or is there something wrong with my settings? It still works on Galaxyman's 4.9.2 merged version.
    Yeah. For me it works. But its crashing after every 10 or 20 minutes.
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
      I got it working, and I was also using VS Community 2015. You have to follow the instructions in the readme of this FleX version - downloading the zip is no good, you have to go about everything in a particular way to avoid overwriting files that FleX needs.

I did skip the second part of step 2, which invites us to prepare, compile & run the main one before even getting the flex stuff. Because at this point it still complained about not having visual studio 2012 or 2013, presumably because it was an older version of UE. Happily once the steps afterwards are followed and the FleX version gets merged in, it then works with VS 2015.
      Success, I followed your advice and now it works. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
        Has anyone noticed with the latest VXGI-4.10 version that distance field shadows don't work at all (whether vxgi is on or not)?
        I got them working but so-so. When I disable DFAO in the console, the next object I move makes the editor crash. Not tested on 4.10 vanilla if this is also the case though.
        https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
          Success, I followed your advice and now it works. Thanks.
          Cool, glad it helped. I do love FleX, it's what I always hoped for from a realtime game physics system. I've only really played with the samples in the past but look forward to getting my teeth into it a bit more now.
          Last edited by SteveElbows; 04-09-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I have spent the entire day trying to get Substance and Ikinema to work with flex 4.11, but not luck at all. This is the error message I get when I try to compile my project with the substance plugin (4.11.0.12 downloaded from GitHub):

2>------ Build started: Project: StairsGameBP, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
            2> Creating makefile for StairsGameBPEditor (no existing makefile)
            2> Performing 4 actions (4 in parallel)
            2> Module.SubstanceEditor.cpp
            2> Module.SubstanceCore.cpp
            2>c:\unrealengineflex\unrealengine\engine\intermediate\build\win64\ue4editor\inc\unrealed\ActorFactoryFlex.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "ActorFactoryFlex.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in ActorFactoryFlex.h"
            2> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
            2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Anders\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameBP 4.11\Plugins\Substance\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.dll
            2> Total build time: 51,84 seconds
            2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\UnrealEngineFlex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat StairsGameBPEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Anders\Documents\Unreal Projects\StairsGameBP 4.11\StairsGameBP.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
            ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And the Ikinema plugin is set up so that when you compile in Visual Studio it ignores the plugin, but when you try to open the project in UE4 it asks to recompile the plugin but fails.

Comment

VGAO works really great but I am having a problem. With console command:r .VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1 ,I can isolate AO from entire VXGI and reduce the performance impact. The AO pass looks great without any flickering like in SSAO. However, when I turn on VXGI, I only see AO overwrites the scene without any materials. This is my problem and I cannot figure out why and how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by netseeker View Post
                VGAO works really great but I am having a problem. With console command:r .VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode 1 ,I can isolate AO from entire VXGI and reduce the performance impact. The AO pass looks great without any flickering like in SSAO. However, when I turn on VXGI, I only see AO overwrites the scene without any materials. This is my problem and I cannot figure out why and how to fix it.
                How exactly are you turning VXGI back on again after you've used VXAO?

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                  How exactly are you turning VXGI back on again after you've used VXAO?
                  I did by put r .VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode=0 into console command and restarted my project and VXGI came back. Oh, and I think I stated my problem incorrectly. After I isolated AO pass, the materials in entire scene are overwritten by AO color. Do you have same problem? BTW, I am working on a GTX Titan Black which doesn't utilize Voxelization well I think. I am probably gonna get a new card when Nvidia release their Pascal cards.

Comment

I did by put r .VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode=0 into console command and restarted my project and VXGI came back. Oh, and I think I stated my problem incorrectly. After I isolated AO pass, the materials in entire scene are overwritten by AO color. Do you have same problem? BTW, I am working on a GTX Titan Black which doesn't utilize Voxelization well I think. I am probably gonna get a new card when Nvidia release their Pascal cards.
                    Your Titan Black is a solid GPU. I have tried VXGI on both the Titan and Titan X and sure, the X is ofc faster but the Titan also ran it without much issues. You're doing the VXAO thing correctly. Just know that if you switch from VXGI, you are very likely to indeed run into a very occluded scene first time you toggle. You need to compensate for this with the VXGI ambient section in your Post-Processing volume.

Comment

hi Chesire
                      how to merge flex ,hairworks and vxgi in ue 4.11 can u guide me

Comment

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
                        hi Chesire
                        4.11 has quite a few changes which is slowing my progress of a 4.11 merge at the moment, but this is not something that is easily accomplished nor is there any general guide on how to do it. You need to have a good understanding of the engine.
                        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by samrat333 View Post
                          hi Chesire
                          Pretty much what GalaxyMan2015 says. It's a lot of work. You constantly have to keep yourself updated on the latest changes etc. Unless you have fiddled around with GitHub, Visual Studio and the engine in terms of local adjusts and rewrites, I'd stay clear from a monumental task as this for sure.

Comment

I think you're using an old version of the VXGI integration which indeed overwrites scene color with AO in Ambient Occlusion Mode.

Regarding VXGI and UE 4.11: I started working on the port, but it’s not high priority now. And it looks like Epic made significant changes to the mesh rendering code, so it’s not going to be as easy as “git rebase”.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                              Regarding VXGI and UE 4.11: I started working on the port, but it’s not high priority now. And it looks like Epic made significant changes to the mesh rendering code, so it’s not going to be as easy as “git rebase”.
                              Yup I can feel ur pain about the changes. Depending on how long it might take you, I may release my branch with all the other techs minus VXGI and then just port your 4.11 VXGI code, as I am quite far behind anyways, was planning to merge all the changes in to the current version, but might be easier to wait.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                                Yup I can feel ur pain about the changes. Depending on how long it might take you, I may release my branch with all the other techs minus VXGI and then just port your 4.11 VXGI code, as I am quite far behind anyways, was planning to merge all the changes in to the current version, but might be easier to wait.
                                I would definitely welcome such a branch.

Comment

Working...
                                X