No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I'm glad to know this...! that it will come soon.!

Comment

Originally posted by Ad3ViLl View Post
      Hey there. Any luck with the Volumetric Lighting issues yet ?
      Not yet, waiting for an addition from NVIDIA to support reverse Z projection, then I might be able to get it to work.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

[MENTION=31173]GalaxyMan2015[/MENTION] I can make the video tutorials! I will have time after April 15th.

Comment

I´m just curious, and completely noob about this, but how works the fallbacks to ATIs cards and Linux/Mac Games of this.
          YouTube:Coruja Games
          Twitter:@_corujagames
          Facebook:@corujagames
          Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
            I´m just curious, and completely noob about this, but how works the fallbacks to ATIs cards and Linux/Mac Games of this.
            Not sure on the NVIDIA branch, but in my branch, if u were to package for other OS's it should just exclude the gameworks features, as they pretty much only support D3D, as for ATI, not entirely sure, would have to plugin my ATI card and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              Not sure on the NVIDIA branch, but in my branch, if u were to package for other OS's it should just exclude the gameworks features, as they pretty much only support D3D, as for ATI, not entirely sure, would have to plugin my ATI card and see how it goes.
              OK. But, how works WITHOUT? A flat material for WaveWorks as example? And for VXGI, all black colors for penumbra areas?

Comment

You would have to plan ahead, for WaveWorks, u just would not get anything, so ud have to have a fallback. and for GI, thats a challenge, best would be to have GI lights and Non GI lights and switch them out, so really its up to you as a developer to have these workarounds in place.

Comment

You would have to plan ahead, for WaveWorks, u just would not get anything, so ud have to have a fallback. and for GI, thats a challenge, best would be to have GI lights and Non GI lights and switch them out, so really its up to you as a developer to have these workarounds in place.
                  For WaveWorks, I was reading and need a licence. So, its out to me.
                  For VXGI, i think its a HUGE expensive for hardware. So, its out to me.

But, I really want to make a good visual for my game, so, what you recommend for the Ocean (Physical) and for the light, is a good path using Distance Field AO + Skylight for "simulate" a GI?

Comment

For WaveWorks, I was reading and need a licence. So, its out to me.
                    For VXGI, i think its a HUGE expensive for hardware. So, its out to me.

But, I really want to make a good visual for my game, so, what you recommend for the Ocean (Physical) and for the light, is a good path using Distance Field AO + Skylight for "simulate" a GI?
                    WaveWorks needs a separate license? Its not governed under the same as the other integrated GameWorks techs? Maybe Mike Skolones wants to chip in about that. Otherwise can't really help for your questions. Check out the community ocean and AHR

Comment

WaveWorks needs a separate license? Its not governed under the same as the other integrated GameWorks techs? Maybe Mike Skolones wants to chip in about that. Otherwise can't really help for your questions.
                      "NVIDIA WaveWorks enables developers to deliver a cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications. The simulation runs in the frequency domain using a spectral wave dispersion model. An inverse FFT step then transforms to the spatial domain ready for rendering. The NVIDIA WaveWorks simulation is initialized and controlled by a simple C API and the results are accessed for rendering through a HLSL shader API. Parametrization is via intuitive real-world variables, such as wind speed and direction. These parameters can be used to tune the look of the sea surface for a wide variety of conditions - from gentle ripples to a heavy storm-tossed ocean based on the Beaufort scale.
                      Please contact us for Licensing inquiries."

Check out the community ocean and AHR
                      Already checked.

But thank you.
                      Last edited by Raziєl; 04-06-2016, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Hey Galaxyman, When you get around to working on the 4.11 integration, are you still planning on including HairWorks? I haven't seen much talk on that in a while. In fact, the last time I checked in, you had said HairWorks wasn't ready for any kind of production. Have you made further progress since last year?

Cheers,

Sterling
                        Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

OK. But, how works WITHOUT? A flat material for WaveWorks as example? And for VXGI, all black colors for penumbra areas?
                          If VXGI isn't available, just tick on LPVs instead. They're less accurate and are about the same performance hit (if VXGI is on the lowest settings) but it'll work on AMD just fine. Only drawback is the obvious one, that LPVs will only work for the main directional light so it's not suitable for indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                            If VXGI isn't available, just tick on LPVs instead. They're less accurate and are about the same performance hit (if VXGI is on the lowest settings) but it'll work on AMD just fine. Only drawback is the obvious one, that LPVs will only work for the main directional light so it's not suitable for indoors.
                            I have reached very, very good results with LPV. Last Time I´ve tested was 4.8. I think in 4.9, has a Lion Heads push to GIT.
                            The main reason that I seek for GI solution its because the light coming from windows, doors and holes. This is a significant visual effect that I need.

Thank You.

Comment

I have reached very, very good results with LPV. Last Time I´ve tested was 4.8. I think in 4.9, has a Lion Heads push to GIT.
                              The main reason that I seek for GI solution its because the light coming from windows, doors and holes. This is a significant visual effect that I need.

Thank You.
                              Glad I could help!

I still recommend having VXGI as an option in the project for those who can use it, there are a lot of things you can do with it that LPV just can't handle due to its (unfortunately, incomplete) implementation. I wish Lionhead were still around, maybe one day we would have seen the finished LPV code imported into the core engine but it's looking like that may never come to pass now.

Still, it is a good backup plan regardless. Personally, I would recommend having a separate GI option in the settings menu, where you have None, then LPVs, then VXGI at the lowest possible settings, then VXGI with a mapsize of 64, and finally VXGI at the default settings. It'll give good coverage for a wide range of cards on both teams, and it'll let the lighting in the game age better over time as more and more of the market is capable of using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
                                Glad I could help!

I still recommend having VXGI as an option in the project for those who can use it, there are a lot of things you can do with it that LPV just can't handle due to its (unfortunately, incomplete) implementation. I wish Lionhead were still around, maybe one day we would have seen the finished LPV code imported into the core engine but it's looking like that may never come to pass now.

Still, it is a good backup plan regardless. Personally, I would recommend having a separate GI option in the settings menu, where you have None, then LPVs, then VXGI at the lowest possible settings, then VXGI with a mapsize of 64, and finally VXGI at the default settings. It'll give good coverage for a wide range of cards on both teams, and it'll let the lighting in the game age better over time as more and more of the market is capable of using it.
                                I Understand, and I like the plan. And VXGI is free? I was more interested in WaveWorks, but WaveWorks needs licence.
                                I did not know VXGI was able to use. Because the results you see at youtube, are very heavy. And you're telling me is to decrease the parameters to get the best results?

Comment

Working...
                                X