NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

i tried the HairWorks version on githud and have a compile error. I'm not a progger. Can anyone me say how i can fix this problem? I used the last pull from 29 Jan 2016.
    ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: W:\Unreal Engine4\UnrealEngine-HairWorks\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-PropertyEditor.lib
    regrads,
    Ulrich
    reference
    http://dirty-windows.de

my blog
    http://ulrichthuemmler.blogspot.com/

Comment

Regarding VXAO, I think anyone going to use it should think of it less as an AO solution and more like a replacement for DFAO or Capsule indirect shadows. It's not going to notice fine details, like HBAO+ would; rather, being a world space solution, it's strength lies in it's consistency, and scale. The purpose of AO in general is to simulate indirect shadows. Indirect shadows are very, very soft, and personally I find that fine detail is not near as valuable as range and consistency.

Comment

Has anyone managed to integrate the Volumetric Lighting into UE4 yet? I am in the process of doing so and am struggling with some values. I would be much appreciated if someone (anyone) could lend me a helping hand. So that I can get the changes up into github so people can start playing around.

If someone from NVIDIA wants to jump in and help me, that would be great. I am willing to share what I have done so far, but its very very broken.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          Has anyone managed to integrate the Volumetric Lighting into UE4 yet? I am in the process of doing so and am struggling with some values. I would be much appreciated if someone (anyone) could lend me a helping hand. So that I can get the changes up into github so people can start playing around.

If someone from NVIDIA wants to jump in and help me, that would be great. I am willing to share what I have done so far, but its very very broken.
          The closest I've gotten, is making a grid of translucent planes in my level, and having them enable/disable based on if you are in the room. It's slow, but effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakblt View Post
            The closest I've gotten, is making a grid of translucent planes in my level, and having them enable/disable based on if you are in the room. It's slow, but effective.
            Yeah Ive done that method before, I was referring to the NVIDIA Volumetric Lighting GameWorks code: https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/VolumetricLighting

Comment

Yeah Ive done that method before, I was referring to the NVIDIA Volumetric Lighting GameWorks code: https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/VolumetricLighting
              Gotcha. My experience with programming is limited to a semester of Basic in high school, and C++ for dummies. The fact that I made a blueprint to build the plane grid was an accomplishment.

Comment

Has anyone got Turbulence to work with VXGI - i.e. particles that contribute to the bounce lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                  Has anyone got Turbulence to work with VXGI - i.e. particles that contribute to the bounce lighting?
                  Nevermind - got it to work by changing the material of the particles to opaque.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vxgiturbulence.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	1103457

Although it would be nice if vxgi would work with translucent materials (i.e. having color bleeding that affects the way smoke works).
                  Last edited by gboxentertainment; 03-29-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Excuse,GRB PhysX and Flow, FlameWorks, VolumeLight,TureEffects,HFTS will join the UE4 after it?

Comment

Oh god. nVidia Faceworks was public on github? Is there any tests on that using ue4?
                      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hey. Yea I'm trying the same thing. Haven't made any real progress yet, it's more of a learning curve (a very, very steep one)

Is yours on Github ? The reason I'm asking is I would like to know how you get access to the Device Context ? Do you make use of the FD3D11DeviceContext from FD3D11DynamicRHI ? Or do you create a new RHI Instance ?

EDIT: Never Mind. Got it working :-)
                        Last edited by Ad3ViLl; 03-29-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ad3ViLl View Post
                          Hey. Yea I'm trying the same thing. Haven't made any real progress yet, it's more of a learning curve (a very, very steep one)

Is yours on Github ? The reason I'm asking is I would like to know how you get access to the Device Context ? Do you make use of the FD3D11DeviceContext from FD3D11DynamicRHI ? Or do you create a new RHI Instance ?

EDIT: Never Mind. Got it working :-)
                          You got it all working? Or just getting the context? My main issue seems to relate to getting the right ViewProjection matrix for the shadow map and the right LightToWorld matrix. (Only working with directional lights thus far) If I debug using renderdoc, I can see that it is generating data, but it is being projected onto the near plane only.

Comment

You got it all working? Or just getting the context? My main issue seems to relate to getting the right ViewProjection matrix for the shadow map and the right LightToWorld matrix. (Only working with directional lights thus far) If I debug using renderdoc, I can see that it is generating data, but it is being projected onto the near plane only.
                            No only got the right Context, so I'm very far behind you...

Comment

In the VXGI GDC Slides, the slides that describe the performance of VXGI show two settings being changed: Number of cones and number of pixels traced. In Unreal, which setting modifies the pixels traced? It seems to be tracing sparsity, but if so, why can we trace only up to every 4th pixel, when the slides showed examples of tracing every 16th?

Comment

Hey guys. I see a lot of talk about AO and GI. What's the status of HairWorks integration? Last I saw there seemed to be a problem with multiple lights and shadows, I think.
                                Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Working...
                                X