No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it doesn't get too much delayed until we get to test VXGI!

Comment

Any news or anything on Turf effects? Our project consist to 99% of nature so naturally I've become a proper chlorophile. Turf Effects is my wettest dream.

Comment

lol that Adult Swim video made remember when they approached me asking if I'd like to use them as a publisher.
        I was like "-Who the hell is Adult Swim?!" Later on I knew it's a US tv channel...

Well, since things aren't stable still, you guys could shift to UE4.7 anyway. 4.7 will be of great importance for general workflow improvement and having Gameworks already in when 4.7 is complete would be super great!
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi guys,

Maybe I missed something about this, but say that in the future all the delicious gameworks technology on nv branch integrated into main branch, are we as Unreal subscriber need to get the license from Nvidia Gameworks in order to make it to work? Or in the case of shipping the game that use some specific technology, say using only FLex or WaveWorks. Since I can't seem to find licensing details on NVidia gameworks page

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for VXGI branch!

But, it seems, it's missing some libraries, like:

GFSDK_VXGI_x64.lib
            https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Even after successful compilation (generated libs using dumpbin.exe & lib.exe from visual studio x64 command prompt) and updated the NvAPI lib (because of a linking error)
              I get an exception:

Fatal error: [File:I:\UE4Nvidia\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54]
              Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0

Here is the full log: http://bit.ly/17pGFji

Comment

Ty guys at Nvidia! I'll give it a shot tonight

Click the tiny bird!
                It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by KlausT View Post
                  Even after successful compilation (generated libs using dumpbin.exe & lib.exe from visual studio x64 command prompt) and updated the NvAPI lib (because of a linking error)
                  I get an exception:

Fatal error: [File:I:\UE4Nvidia\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54]
                  Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0

Here is the full log: http://bit.ly/17pGFji
                  I am downloading the files and I fear to get same problems as you and iniside. Where do you find those dumpbin.exe & lib.exe ?

Comment

Seems that a fixed build is up now.
                    ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

EDIT:
                      Nevermind latest commit on github fixed it! Thank you!

Code:
                      19>Module.D3D11RHI.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NvAPI_D3D11_CreateRasterizerState referenced in function "protected: struct nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::StateSet const & __cdecl nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::getStateSet(struct VXGI::RenderState const &)" (?getStateSet@FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11@nvgiutil@@IEAAAEBUStateSet@12@AEBURenderState@VXGI@@@Z)
                      19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
                      Doesn't work.

Edit:
                      Tried to replace NVAPI with the one from
                      https://developer.nvidia.com/nvapi

But, turned out to not helping, just produce different kind of errors:

Code:
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(56): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>          could be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(177) : unsigned int UINT'
                      19>          or       'd:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(31) : DoNotUseOldUE4Type::UINT'
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(58): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>          could be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(177) : unsigned int UINT'
                      19>          or       'd:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(31) : DoNotUseOldUE4Type::UINT'
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(59): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(105): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(107): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\thirdparty\nvidia\nvapi\nvapi_lite_d3dext.h(108): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi\nvapi.h(7394): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi\nvapi.h(7401): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA\nvapi\nvapi.h(7422): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
                      Last edited by iniside; 02-18-2015, 02:29 PM.
                      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Adding NVAPI libs missed by .gitignore./ one hour ago.

I hope that works now !

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                          Adding NVAPI libs missed by .gitignore./ one hour ago.

I hope that works now !

YAY Santa was here...though the toys seem to be somewhat broken :/

I successfully built it with the latest additions but then trying to run the editor makes it explode trying to allocate a couple of Exabytes of RAM O.O

Comment

Originally posted by rubenst View Post
                            YAY Santa was here...though the toys seem to be somewhat broken :/

I successfully built it with the latest additions but then trying to run the editor makes it explode trying to allocate a couple of Exabytes of RAM O.O
                            In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                              In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build.
                              Thank you very much, that worked beautifully! I guess I need to take it back, toys are NOT broken - just my understanding of things.

But hey, got VXGI today AND I learned something! Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                                You build it after you build the entire UE4 engine of this version ?

Comment

Working...
                                X