Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
    This is awesome, Mike!

You are a machine! I'm getting and checking out your vehicle and WaveWorks builds now.

Thanks!

Tim
    Aww, shucks. I can't take much credit for WaveWorks or the integration into UE4; several people at NV are involved in that, I'm just the last link in the chain in our effort to publish all this stuff on Github. But I'll be the one listening to feedback and pushing for any requested changes, improvements, etc., so fire away.

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
      My pleasure, hope you find it useful. We'll be adding more sample content and features in the coming weeks, including Gerstner waves for shoreline interaction, boats with buoyancy, etc. We're also working on integrations of the VXGI global illumination system, hair and fur, FleX multi-physics, and grass/vegetation package, among other things.

Happy Holidays!
      Awww man! Awesome stuff.
      Never really cared about water in games, coz it looked how it looked. But with WaveWorks simulation, even puddle will be impressive .
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Wonderful, yes, I'll be taking a good look at that ocean project. Sailing is one of my major passions, and I'm looking forward to the development of all of this water tech. Sailing simulators aren't the most popular genre, but I think they are due for a tech upgrade.
        Cool! My current implementation needs a lot of work, no sailing so far, but this will help out a lot!

Yes, the basic WaveWorks feature is an FFT generator, but having worked closely with developers on a few applications recently we added Gerstner features for better control over near-shore behavior; key gameplay zones are typically near a shore, rather than in the middle of a fully developed sea. I've seen several posts on the forum about buoyancy and shore-zone waves, and I'm not claiming that our integration will be everything to everyone, but it should be a good start.
        Ah ok that makes sense now. I have been meaning to test out FFT in my project once I get a bit further along with it, I want to make sure the Gerstner implementation is a fully functional ocean simulation before starting work on that.

Again, thank you so much Mike (and all those behind the scenes) Christmas came a day early this year thanks to you! This is so cool Mike.

@inside: Looks great hey? even more coming soon, including VXGI, Hair & Fur, FLex Multi-Physics, and a Grass/Vegetation package, plus some others...

This is such great news, I'm thrilled to see these features will be integrated, can't wait!!!
        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Looks like I have a reason to upgrade my PC from a AMD 6850 HD to a GTX 970.

Thanks Mike - Happy Holidays and have a awesome new year!

Comment

Hey, it seems to be that you need the lib file to compile it, which I think we don't have access to, is that true?

Comment

My pleasure, hope you find it useful. We'll be adding more sample content and features in the coming weeks, including Gerstner waves for shoreline interaction, boats with buoyancy, etc. We're also working on integrations of the VXGI global illumination system, hair and fur, FleX multi-physics, and grass/vegetation package, among other things.

Happy Holidays!
              Wow, awesome news. Can't wait for GI and hair, keep up the good work NVIDIA!
              ArtStation

Comment

Mike,

I wonder will this be eventually integrated into UE4 as a module, or is NV going to keep running a parallel branch?

Kinda inconvenient to have a separate branch right now, as we then have to merge back changes from epic/master into it (unless your branches will be up to date with epic?).

Thanks.
                Linux Support page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Support
                Linux Demos page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Demos
                My Unreal Engine 4 Linux repo: https://github.com/3dluvr/UnrealEngine/

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                  Hey, it seems to be that you need the lib file to compile it, which I think we don't have access to, is that true?
                  Which lib? When I committed that branch, I checked out a clean copy and it built for me. If there's anything missing, I apologize and I'll check it in as soon as I can.

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by amigo View Post
                    Mike,

I wonder will this be eventually integrated into UE4 as a module, or is NV going to keep running a parallel branch?

Kinda inconvenient to have a separate branch right now, as we then have to merge back changes from epic/master into it (unless your branches will be up to date with epic?).

Thanks.
                    At the least, I can say that we will make every effort to keep it up to date. We want this tech to be accessible, one way or another. I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

At the least, I can say that we will make every effort to keep it up to date. We want this tech to be accessible, one way or another. I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
                      Mike
                      Hey Mike,

Thanks for reading on Christmas.

Well. I know from my own adventure with getting the Editor to work in Linux that running parallel branches is pretty tough, and I suppose if there's no other way around but changing Core API, then it is what is.

But otherwise, if this could become a TPS module then it could be a matter of dropping it into the Engine/Source/ThirdParty/ and compile from there.

Also anyone from EPIC reading this:

I guess there's a whole licensing part that is not being discussed yet and if I may suggest that I would gladly pay couple of more $ extra on my monthly subscription if Epic and NVIDIA could work out a deal to integrate the entire suite of technologies into the base engine/subscription.

#justsaying

Linux Support page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Support
                      Linux Demos page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Demos
                      My Unreal Engine 4 Linux repo: https://github.com/3dluvr/UnrealEngine/

Comment

In the source directory, third party, waveforks there is no lib directory nor the needed lib, and visual studio is complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cube2222 View Post
                          In the source directory, third party, waveforks there is no lib directory nor the needed lib, and visual studio is complaining about it.
                          Sorry about that. I'll fix it ASAP. Not sure how that happened, unless Git is configured to automagically ignore lib directories because of size limitations.

Comment

Sorry about that. I'll fix it ASAP. Not sure how that happened, unless Git is configured to automagically ignore lib directories because of size limitations.
                            I've attached a zip file with the missing libs. I'll upload to Github next chance I get.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Does the waveworks have a specific Graphics Card requirement like VXGI because I was able to run and open up test project but the OceanMaterial is all Black.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X