Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=314335]KillingWord[/MENTION] > Yes
    [MENTION=13257]Maximum-Dev[/MENTION] > Could you dropbox or so that scene? Obviously it should just work. It's probably a very simple thing but right now I'm kinda out of ideas.
    https://www.artstation.com/chesire

    Comment


      [MENTION=29363]Alexey.Panteleev[/MENTION] and the rest of NVIDIA VXGI team:

      Could you guys PLEASE reconsider your point on VXGI not going to support Lightmap baking? I for one would be super thrilled if it actually would do such a thing.
      It's not only that it would offer faster (albeit inferior to Lightmass) baking, by itself this would already be a HUGE plus (you could crank VXGI up to very high settings for your bake etc.)
      Equally important is you'd be way more flexible with lighting your level and you'd gain the additional benefit of being able to work with reflection probes.
      I fully realize VXGI was conceived as a dynamic-only system but I hope you guys agree that -given it's current high-end hardware demand- this is infact a big limiter on deployment and flexibility.
      https://www.artstation.com/chesire

      Comment


        Ok I have put another small scene together. You can download below.

        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5v...ew?usp=sharing

        This is how it looks. (Multi bounce enabled)



        In case you can also put a small scene together where it is working and share it with us it'd be great.
        Artstation
        Join the support channel
        Gumroad Store

        Comment


          Thanks guys.

          I delete the r.VXGI.AmbientOcclusionMode=1 from the console and when i change the color from black to blue and rise the scale, all in the "VXGI Ambient" section and i do get results in the viewport, however when i visualize the "Ambient Occlusion" in the "Buffer Visualization" i do have the AO but when i change its settings nothing happens, on the contrary if i set the Buffer to VXGI Diffuse i do get to see the changes even if is just in the diffuse as it suppose to be.

          Also, the stronger the VXAO the whiter (or whatever color the AO is) the scene gets. To the point that i can completely turn off the lights and the whole scene will have just that Ambient lighting from the VXAO..., i have never used AO before in a Game Engine, does rising AO suppose to white out the scene??

          Thanks.
          Last edited by Yolao; 03-23-2016, 01:35 PM.

          Comment


            Ok my bad on the Skylight. Make sure when you use one it actually has something to sample from surroundings. A Skylight in a black box won't work . I put a cubemap in the Skylight included in the sample so it works but just keep this in mind.
            Check out the renewed sample and if you have any questions shoot.

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z312ne5bn..._Test.zip?dl=0
            https://www.artstation.com/chesire

            Comment


              Originally posted by Yolao View Post
              Also, the stronger the VXAO the whiter (or whatever color the AO is) the scene gets. To the point that i can completely turn off the lights and the whole scene will have just that Ambient lighting from the VXAO..., i have never used AO before in a Game Engine, does rising AO suppose to white out the scene??
              Well ehm, it's supposed to do exactly the opposite so that's a...no
              So we're clear on what you're doing exactly: What do you mean by rising the scale?
              Screenshots help!

              Here's some additional info:

              1) Scale is a multiplier for the VXAO term.
              In this case, a small scale will actually give you more 'diffuse' AO.
              So yeah, if you abuse this parameter you can actually invert things.
              Last edited by Chesire; 03-23-2016, 01:53 PM.
              https://www.artstation.com/chesire

              Comment


                Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                Ok my bad on the Skylight. Make sure when you use one it actually has something to sample from surroundings. A Skylight in a black box won't work . I put a cubemap in the Skylight included in the sample so it works but just keep this in mind.
                Check out the renewed sample and if you have any questions shoot.

                https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z312ne5bn..._Test.zip?dl=0
                I still don't see any AO.



                How's it looking on your end?
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

                Comment


                  You sure you put the correct mode ON again? (It will default to VXGI if you have that enabled in your project but that shouldn't matter much for actually seeing AO anyways)

                  Here's some shots:

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	VXAO_Default.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1102991Click image for larger version

Name:	VXAO_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1102992Click image for larger version

Name:	VXAO_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1102993Click image for larger version

Name:	VXAO_Lit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1102994
                  Last edited by Chesire; 03-23-2016, 02:06 PM.
                  https://www.artstation.com/chesire

                  Comment


                    I don't have a VXGI Ambient component between Diffuse and Specular. I think I gotta grab my hammer and go to our programmer.

                    Thank you for your time.
                    Artstation
                    Join the support channel
                    Gumroad Store

                    Comment


                      Aaah that explains a lot :-)
                      It got added in the latest version on GitHub iirc.
                      https://www.artstation.com/chesire

                      Comment


                        Btw, SVOGI in cryengine seems like to provide some larger scale AO that works really good for trees and such without actually applying that much AO to small objects and everything in the world. (See the gif below)

                        http://docs.cryengine.com/download/a...7474000&api=v2

                        I don't really have much information about it since I haven't been using it for a long while. But is there some sort of thing to do in UE4 as well? (Asking is better since I don't have the VXAO atm as well)
                        Artstation
                        Join the support channel
                        Gumroad Store

                        Comment


                          I wrote a short 'first impressions' on SVOGI/SVOTI/Total Illumination a couple of days back (http://byzantos.com/cryengine5-svoti/)
                          I think their implementation is absolutely stunning. Especially in conjunction with Lightprobes!
                          Currently in the process of trying to mimic the effects with VXGI (and still failing albeit getting closer)
                          I'm afraid without the probes we're not going to get a spot on match but we can try for a 'as best as possible'.
                          VXGI/VXAO does offer large scale occlusion though.
                          https://www.artstation.com/chesire

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                            I wrote a short 'first impressions' on SVOGI/SVOTI/Total Illumination a couple of days back (http://byzantos.com/cryengine5-svoti/)
                            I think their implementation is absolutely stunning. Especially in conjunction with Lightprobes!
                            Currently in the process of trying to mimic the effects with VXGI (and still failing albeit getting closer)
                            I'm afraid without the probes we're not going to get a spot on match but we can try for a 'as best as possible'.
                            VXGI/VXAO does offer large scale occlusion though.

                            I hope you achieve something close BUT with acceptable performance for games. At least while playing on a 980
                            Artstation
                            Join the support channel
                            Gumroad Store

                            Comment


                              hi folks,

                              thanks again chesire for going in depth.
                              the file is super helpful.

                              i will experiment some more but going from the dropbox project, just trying to bounce the light from some objects does not seem to work.
                              also as soon as i delete the skylight VXGI is goes black. as if the world space AO just simply overrides the GI.

                              probably my newbishness at work here.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Light is actually not hitting the ball in a way that it can go back to the wood surfaces. the light that's hitting the green ball is coming then towards the camera.
                                Artstation
                                Join the support channel
                                Gumroad Store

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X