Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    in your example that for some reason you deleted you could see self-shadowing (the chin shadowing the left-side shoulder) however there was no self-shadowing for the nose as the noise is too small to catch the details. this is probably done by the non VXGI part of ue4, (see Shadow casting and Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows)
    Last edited by vimaxus; 03-13-2016, 03:08 AM.

    Comment


      I am sorry if this has been asked before but there are 75 pages so I didnt read them all.

      Is it possible to use multiple "integrations" in one project ? Like: Flex, Hairworks, HBAO+, Waveworks ? (because there are so many branches)

      Or is the "release" branch having all of these?

      Thanks

      Comment


        Originally posted by tazejin View Post
        I am sorry if this has been asked before but there are 75 pages so I didnt read them all.

        Is it possible to use multiple "integrations" in one project ? Like: Flex, Hairworks, HBAO+, Waveworks ? (because there are so many branches)

        Or is the "release" branch having all of these?

        Thanks
        The release branch doesn't include a merged version as of now.
        You can use multiple integrations, but you would have to merge the branches yourself or rely on GalaxyMan2015's merged project you can find here: Github. It's currently 4.9.2 and will skip the 4.10 version, so the next update will be 4.11, a bit of waiting worth in my opinion.

        Comment


          Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
          in your example that for some reason you deleted you could see self-shadowing (the chin shadowing the left-side shoulder) however there was no self-shadowing for the nose as the noise is too small to catch the details. this is probably done by the non VXGI part of ue4, (see Shadow casting and Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows)
          Thanks. I post the questions in a specific thread in the rendering section. I cannot use "Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows" because is for moving objects so that feature is not supported and the lack of self shadows are not from a light but from an emissive material on a plane acting like an area light.
          Last edited by Yolao; 03-14-2016, 09:04 AM.

          Comment


            Hi Rioly,

            Yes you can modify individual spring stiffness. Take a look at the UFlexAssetCloth class. The cloth cooker (flexExtCreateClothFromMesh() function) will assign stretch and bending stiffness automatically, but you can modify these values after cooking if you wish.

            Cheers,
            Miles

            Comment


              Hello,

              Is there anybody who has been able to balance HBAO+ with DFAO and get rid of "too dark" AO ?
              Artstation
              Join the support channel
              Gumroad Store

              Comment


                Is that true that NVidia will release Source Code for their GameWorks : http://videocardz.com/58535/nvidia-a...eworks-sdk-3-1 ?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Miles.Macklin View Post
                  Hi Rioly,

                  Yes you can modify individual spring stiffness. Take a look at the UFlexAssetCloth class. The cloth cooker (flexExtCreateClothFromMesh() function) will assign stretch and bending stiffness automatically, but you can modify these values after cooking if you wish.

                  Cheers,
                  Miles
                  Thanks a lot! Looking into it atm I've skipped past it multiple times but guess I got overwhelmed by the amount of code

                  I have one more question; is it possible to attach a flex cloth to another flex cloth object in Unreal? (Lock particles into eachother)
                  Sorry if this has been answered before

                  Greetings,
                  Rioly.

                  Comment


                    Mike.Skolones hello i m a maya user i download ue 4.8 , 4.11 but no option for hair how can create realstic hair in ue plz help me give me easy way

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
                      Is that true that NVidia will release Source Code for their GameWorks : http://videocardz.com/58535/nvidia-a...eworks-sdk-3-1 ?
                      Yes, that's true. Not all GameWorks, just some libraries though.
                      Here's the official press release: http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nv...eworks-sdk-3-1

                      Comment


                        As I read it, Flex is now a part of the PhysX library (But called Nvidia Flow), is this true, and how will this affect the UE4 integration?


                        Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                        Yes, that's true. Not all GameWorks, just some libraries though.
                        Here's the official press release: http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nv...eworks-sdk-3-1

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                          As I read it, Flex is now a part of the PhysX library (But called Nvidia Flow), is this true, and how will this affect the UE4 integration?
                          Flow is a new library for performing grid-based fluid simulation, Flex remains a standalone library (separate from PhysX) for particle based dynamics. We will maintain UE4 integrations for both libraries, as they are designed to complement each other.
                          Last edited by Miles.Macklin; 03-16-2016, 06:16 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rioly View Post
                            I have one more question; is it possible to attach a flex cloth to another flex cloth object in Unreal? (Lock particles into eachother)
                            Sorry if this has been answered before
                            From Flex's point of view this is quite possible - however there is currently no mechanism to author these types of cloth-cloth attachments in UE4.

                            Comment


                              Will the VXAO and Volumetric Lighting be integrated into Unreal ?
                              https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

                              Comment


                                Not sure about VXAO, but volumetric lighting is in their "to do" list https://trello.com/c/Ij1jaWDt/28-vol...c-light-shafts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X