Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

can you please be so kind and save me time:

1. Does UE 4.9.2 has Flex , so I can simulate at least box of fluid with some rigid bodies?
    if not ...
    2. Can VS 2015 compile UE4 branch or better downgrade to 2013?

Comment

Help!!! Ok, I've got Flex off GitHub. I can launch the Engine and Play with the levels as is. However, I'm interested in reviewing the demos that were posted on Youtube. From what I've gathered they were originally shipped in the Flex Branch of Uneal in the Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX, and I can see the files. However it appears that the build process is broken, as the batch files report errors:

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>call UE4_BuildThirdPartyLib.bat -submit -config debug -config profile -platformPhysx vc12win32;Win32 -platformPhysx vc12win64;x64 -platformAPEX vc12win32-PhysX_3.3;Win32 -platformAPEX vc12win64-PhysX_3.3;x64 -platformAPEX

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>REM PhysX

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>setlocal

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>REM PhysX root is always next to UE4, since that's how p4 is structured, and we know that we are always in UE4\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>REM This batch file wouldn't work otherwise

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>set PhysXRoot=..\NotForLicensees\PhysX

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>REM Go to the branch

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>pushd ..\NotForLicensees\PhysX
      The system cannot find the path specified.

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>call UE4_BuildThirdPartyLib.bat -submit -config debug -config profile -platformPhysx vc12win32;Win32 -platformPhysx vc12win64;x64 -platformAPEX vc12win32-PhysX_3.3;Win32 -platformAPEX vc12win64-PhysX_3.3;x64 -platformAPEX
      ****** B A T C H R E C U R S I O N exceeds STACK limits ******
      Recursion Count=593, Stack Usage=90 percent
      ****** B A T C H PROCESSING IS A B O R T E D ******

D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX>UE4_GenerateThirdPartyProjects.bat
      File not found - *
      0 File(s) copied
      File not found - *
      0 File(s) copied
      File not found - *
      0 File(s) copied
      File not found - *
      0 File(s) copied
      File not found - *
      0 File(s) copied
      'create_projects.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
      operable program or batch file.
      'create_projects.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
      operable program or batch file.

Directory of D:\_udk4\UnrealEngine-FleX\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX

28/01/2016 22:57 <DIR> .
      28/01/2016 22:57 <DIR> ..
      13/02/2016 02:19 <DIR> APEX-1.3
      28/01/2016 22:57 6,211 APEX.Build.cs
      28/01/2016 22:57 <DIR> FLEX-0.9.5.beta
      28/01/2016 22:57 3,528 FLEX.Build.cs
      28/01/2016 22:57 951 Nvidia PhysX SDK.tps
      13/02/2016 02:16 <DIR> PhysX-3.3
      28/01/2016 22:57 12,793 PhysX.Build.cs
      28/01/2016 22:57 558 UE4_BuildThirdPartyLib.bat
      28/01/2016 22:57 663 UE4_GenerateThirdPartyProjects.bat

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

If you want the standalone FLEX demos, then download FLEX SDK from the NVIDIA Developer website. The FLEX branch only contains the necessary files for building UE4 with FLEX support, doesn't contain any of the demos as far as I am aware.
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hey. Is Vxgi ambient supposed to work or not? I didn't saw any change when i increase or decrease values. Also didn't saw anything to enable or disable from console command.
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
            Yes, the mechanism for applying damage to FleX objects, whether through mouse-click-pick as in the FleX demo, or by a rifle, or rigid body impact, etc., is still work in progress. I don't have an ETA for it yet.

The FleX demo and SDK will include the smoke and cereal scenes in a future release, we will get to that as soon as we can, but I don't have an ETA for that yet either.

Regarding the errors, are you on the latest driver? Which GPU are you using?

--Mike

Hi Mike, Great work with the Flex integration. I know that the Q&A on these samples/demos is a bit old, but do you know when the Cereal/Milk Bowl and other demos are likely to be released. I've been having a look at the new demo's, but was hoping for a similar example to the ones in the Tech Demo.
            Any ideas when/how we might get access to them?

Comment

Thanks GMan, I've been searching for these demos for a few weeks, but it wasnt obvious if it was apart of the Flex Branch...

I'll see if I can download the Flex SDK now.

Hmm. I guess the next possible question is: 'Is there any overviews/documentation provided that might help one get up to speed with the Flex Surfaces, etc'. For example, generating a liquid with 5 colors that dont bleed into each other, but are all one liquid, similar to demo?

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                I have added the sample project as a release to my branch so it can be downloaded separately: https://github.com/GalaxyMan2015/Unr...IDIA_TechDemos
                Hi GalaxyMan!
                I am immensely grateful for the work you have done, making NVIDIAs UE4-Waveworks integration usable to the community. I am a retired naval architect and use some of my spare time, playing with the waveworks integration to make a simple naval simulator. In this context, I have 2 questions for you.
                Making a naval simulator implies making a proper wave response solution. Currently my solution works ok for vertical buoyant forces (accounting for wave-height and gravity). As in your project, I am using Epics default physics settings (KGs, CMs and seconds) This is possibly the cause for some Beaufort-scale problems. The necessary Beaufort values to give notable wave-heights must be set between 12 and 48. I think your default is 32. The Beaufort scale is between 0 and 12, and my first question regards this.
                To simulate a proper wave response, I also need to take into account the sideways forces due to the sideways particle movement in the waves. My second question regards this.
                Question 1.
                Can you change the waveworks asset so it is possible to use realistic Beaufort values (regardless of UE4 default settings).
                Question 2.
                According to NVIDIAs Waveworks 1.6.1 documentation, there exists a "displacement read-back FIFO" with a GFSDK_Waveworks_Simulation_ArchivedDisplacements() function to enable calculation of velocities and accelerations. Could you expose this function to blueprint and supply an example like you did for GFSDK_Waveworks_Simulation_GetDisplacements()?

I apologize for this overly lengthy post, but still hope for a positive result.

Best regards
                Carl

Comment

Originally posted by casim View Post
                  Hi GalaxyMan!
                  I am immensely grateful for the work you have done, making NVIDIAs UE4-Waveworks integration usable to the community. I am a retired naval architect and use some of my spare time, playing with the waveworks integration to make a simple naval simulator. In this context, I have 2 questions for you.
                  Making a naval simulator implies making a proper wave response solution. Currently my solution works ok for vertical buoyant forces (accounting for wave-height and gravity). As in your project, I am using Epics default physics settings (KGs, CMs and seconds) This is possibly the cause for some Beaufort-scale problems. The necessary Beaufort values to give notable wave-heights must be set between 12 and 48. I think your default is 32. The Beaufort scale is between 0 and 12, and my first question regards this.
                  To simulate a proper wave response, I also need to take into account the sideways forces due to the sideways particle movement in the waves. My second question regards this.
                  Question 1.
                  Can you change the waveworks asset so it is possible to use realistic Beaufort values (regardless of UE4 default settings).
                  Question 2.
                  According to NVIDIAs Waveworks 1.6.1 documentation, there exists a "displacement read-back FIFO" with a GFSDK_Waveworks_Simulation_ArchivedDisplacements() function to enable calculation of velocities and accelerations. Could you expose this function to blueprint and supply an example like you did for GFSDK_Waveworks_Simulation_GetDisplacements()?

I apologize for this overly lengthy post, but still hope for a positive result.

Best regards
                  Carl
                  In regards to the beaufort scale, I dont think I can change that at all, as all I feed in is a number and it does the rest. For the second one, sure I can expose that function, once I figure out how to use it. Altho it will most likely have to wait until 4.11
                  NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                  Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    In regards to the beaufort scale, I dont think I can change that at all, as all I feed in is a number and it does the rest. For the second one, sure I can expose that function, once I figure out how to use it. Altho it will most likely have to wait until 4.11
                    Perfect. I can probably hack a work-around the problem with the Beaufort-scale, so the important one is the one you fix.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Hey, guys. I'm playing with VXGI here and I've got two questions:

1) Is there a way to save those console parameters per project? I made a lot of adjustments in the console r.vxgi parameters but they reset to default every time I restart the editor...
                      2) Has anyone managed to package a project with VXGI? When I try to package my project, I get the error "Missing UE4Game binary"...
                      Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                      Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post

1) Is there a way to save those console parameters per project? I made a lot of adjustments in the console r.vxgi parameters but they reset to default every time I restart the editor...
                        2) Has anyone managed to package a project with VXGI? When I try to package my project, I get the error "Missing UE4Game binary"...
                        Search for consolevariables.ini in your UE4 folder then open it using notepad and add your console parameters. Then save it
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

[MENTION=31173]GalaxyMan2015[/MENTION]

Hey man, tnx for your effort, is there some description of what did you integrated from Flex into UE4 so far, some sort of tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post

ad 2) I had the same problem and this helped.

"Solve it very easy. Adding code to your a pure blueprint project (File->Add Code to Project->None). It allows to be packaged from the menu. "

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...in64-ship.html

Comment

Is anyone using HairWorks for Maya + Shave and a Haircut?

I've demoed Hairworks with 3dsmax but my software of choice is Maya.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                                Search for consolevariables.ini in your UE4 folder then open it using notepad and add your console parameters. Then save it
                                Nice, thanks!
                                I wish it was possible to save those for each project though...

Originally posted by Nigkdo View Post
                                ad 2) I had the same problem and this helped.

"Solve it very easy. Adding code to your a pure blueprint project (File->Add Code to Project->None). It allows to be packaged from the menu. "

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...in64-ship.html
                                It worked now! Thank you, man
                                Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                                Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X