Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yolao View Post
    Thanks Vimaxus.
    OK, I think i`m almost done finally..., but i was in a hurry and before i went out i wanted to leave UE4 in the build process, the UI of VS was compact and i did not realize that before i build UE4 the "solution configuration" was in "Development" and not in "Development Editor" as the instruction says.. Should i choose rebuild with the "Development Editor" or is good like that?

Thanks
    You will need to build in "Development Editor" configuration, "Development" is used for packaging games and does not include the editor.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      You will need to build in "Development Editor" configuration, "Development" is used for packaging games and does not include the editor.
      i`m in the process of doing that, with out closing VS or anything, i just choose the same UE4 in the "Solution Explorer" under engine and choose "rebuild" but now with the "Development Editor", is ok like that or do i have to choose just "build" even though i already build it before???

thanks

Comment

Rebuild is fine, but it means its going to rebuild the entire engine again, where as if you had just chosen build, it would have just built the editor part (Since the engine was already built in development). But don't cancel and try now, its too late, as the first step of a rebuild is to clean.

Comment

Rebuild is fine, but it means its going to rebuild the entire engine again, where as if you had just chosen build, it would have just built the editor part (Since the engine was already built in development). But don't cancel and try now, its too late, as the first step of a rebuild is to clean.

thanks, rebuild just finished and it report "Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped".
          I build, (not rebuild this time since i did not do it before) the ShaderCompilerWorker and it reports "Build: 1 succeeded. 0 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped"

Now the folder of the VXGI-4.10 is 34.7 GB and was before around 10GB, is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Yolao View Post
            thanks, rebuild just finished and it report "Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped".
            I build, (not rebuild this time since i did not do it before) the ShaderCompilerWorker and it reports "Build: 1 succeeded. 0 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped"

Now the folder of the VXGI-4.10 is 34.7 GB and was before around 10GB, is that normal?
            Yes that is normal, the engine will continue to grow in size, the more configurations you build, mine is around 50-60gb. Just launch the engine and leave it for a while since it will appear to get stuck at 45%, mainly because it is building the initial shaders

Comment

Yes that is normal, the engine will continue to grow in size, the more configurations you build, mine is around 50-60gb. Just launch the engine and leave it for a while since it will appear to get stuck at 45%, mainly because it is building the initial shaders
              Thank you very much for the help, it works now , now i want to investigate that VXGI feature

Comment

EDIT___
                FPS was dropping because r.vxgi.mapsize was high. when i set it 64 it started working perfectly!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Gandosh; 02-27-2016, 06:55 AM.
                Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hi

I have a problem, i did some testing with a high res mesh and VXGI and when i hit play UE show a message that says that it will put UE to mininal features (or something like that) because the frame rate was to low, i went out of that play mode and when i came back to the normal viewport mode the Directional lights do not cast shadows even when there are activate it in the settings.

Any help is appreciate it.

Never mind.. i set the quality back to normal in Settings > Engine Scalability
                  Last edited by Yolao; 02-27-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I'm working on multiplatform project and I need to be able to build and launch the game to android/ios too. I'm using the 4.10 VXGI branch from Nvidia, almost exclusively for HBAO+. I don't want to use HBAO or VXGI on mobile (at least, not yet :P) but I would like to use only one engine build for all my targets. Currently this build is able to create an android project, but it crashes when launching on device, logcat indicates that it crashes just after loading shaders, VXGI should be disabled with preprocessor macros on such devices.

Does anyone have experience building to mobile targets with these builds?

Thank you

Comment

Hello. How can i limit emissive materials lighting range? When i use it, it penetrates thick walls and emitting lights behind that wall. Is there any way to fix that?

Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                        I tried the latest version of HairWorks the other day and it seems to be pretty much unusable unfortunately, due to extreme temporal AA ghosting artifacts and completely black shadows (no sky light influence). I hope this can be fixed in the not too distant future.
                        Any screenshots? How is it now?

Comment

Hi Guys, does anybody have a working link for me? i tried https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine but all i got was a 404page :/
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	404.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	1101464

Comment

Originally posted by tuneful View Post
                            Hi Guys, does anybody have a working link for me? i tried https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine but all i got was a 404page :/
                            The repository you are trying to access is private. You need to be logged into your Github account which already subscribes the Unreal Engine repository. Here you can find an official statement.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                            Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                              Hello. How can i limit emissive materials lighting range? When i use it, it penetrates thick walls and emitting lights behind that wall. Is there any way to fix that?
                              Hi. I dont know any fix, but yeah, light leaking is my biggest issue with vxgi. You can take a look here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues/33, there are some "insights" and tips you can try.

I dont understand how exactly VXGI works but would it be posible to somehow tell the inner voxels (and determine inner voxels) to just absorb all light? Light leaking with wall thick only two voxels isnt bothering me that much but 1m thick wall with lot of inner voxels leaking light is disappointing. Well i hope one day Alexey find out a solution. I wish him best luck.

Comment

I AM a noob in all Of this but i just want to know if there is a ue4 branch that shows all visualfx technologies

Or if there are separate branches that feature visualfx just like the ones NVIDIA uses

Comment

Working...
                                X