NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekronata View Post
    @SouldomainTM: Your rather naive to belive that nVidia wouldnt do the same as Intel atm
    Intel doesn't have an inventor spirit. Intel was, is, and always going to be Big Cat Capitalism. Giving a micro chip architecture a name from actual people, like Nvidia does, isn't just for the sake of being fancy. It's also about honoring those great minds who extended our understanding of things already ages ago. And it's also about Nvidia's identity, or rather name. And making things "personal".

It's true that at least some laziness would set in if Nvidia had a monopoly. But if I'm right about Nvidia's mentality, and it's true that they do have a strong inventor spirit. Then Big Cat Capitalism wouldn't really become a problem.

And regarding the usefulness of GameWorks. Well, for those who don't know. And I didn't know until yesterday when I started up Rise of the Tomb Raider for the first time, is that Square Enix doesn't work with AMD anymore. The startup screen now reads: This is how it's meant to be played! Kind regards, Nvidia trolololo!"

No, Tomb Raider does't use GameWorks. But it uses Nvidia's HBAO+. And in-game, on the main menu, the news feed thing says some like this: "We are partnering with Nvidia to push cutting edge technology". This came as a total surprise to me. But again, actually it didn't. And of course because of this partnering, they probably now going to hammer all, or most Nvidia tech (GameWorks) into the next Tomb Raider.

So, I guess since Nvidia acquired Lara Croft, now the time has come to show off Flex softbody simulation!?

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
      I had major issues getting my branch from 4.9 to 4.10 but I believe that is because of Turbulence. I am skipping 4.10 due to the issues, and will focus on a 4.11 release, where I will most likely be dropping Turbulence.
      I don't know if this changes anything for you, but I did notice that they updated Turbulence yesterday.

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...bulence-4.10.2

Comment

Originally posted by noobgoldberg View Post
        I don't know if this changes anything for you, but I did notice that they updated Turbulence yesterday.

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...bulence-4.10.2
        It definately does change things, for 4.10, but for 4.11 it still might not work, if Epic have changed anything in the PhysX library again. But will give it a try with the new Turbulence DLL's
        NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
        Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Never mind, i manage to download from github now, i did not know that i have to register in the UE account, etc. Anyways, i`m downloading the 4.10 edition from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.10

Can you have moving/deforming objects with this VXGI feature and get the update in realtime or the realtime option is just for moving lights and for moving objects you have to wait for a calculation?...

Comment

4.11.0 is out now.....[EDIT] Alright, I swear it WAS, my launcher downloaded it and even set the available version to 4.11.0 - but after a restart it now says Preview 6....
            Last edited by PaulCy; 02-23-2016, 09:27 PM. Reason: Delusion or Screwy Launcher

Comment

Hey guys, i`m a newbie with unreal engine. After i download the ZIP from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.10 which is about 800mb i run the Setup.bat and after i chose "n" in command prompt window i get a message that says "updating dependencies" and is more than 3GBs, anyways i`m doing this in a PC where i have internet, can i then just grab the "UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10" folder and copied to another computer and do the other steps there with out internet connection??

2- Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat

3- Open UE4.sln, build UE4 and ShaderCompileWorker projects.

4- Run UE4 Editor, open CornellBox or SciFiHallway projects.

Would it run with out issues...? or do i have to do the whole process with internet and then (perhaps??) grab the whole folder and copied to another pc?

Thanks
              Last edited by Yolao; 02-23-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yolao View Post
                Hey guys, i`m a newbie with unreal engine. After i download the ZIP from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.10 which is about 800mb i run the Setup.bat and after i chose "n" in command prompt window i get a message that says "updating dependencies" and is more than 3GBs, anyways i`m doing this in a PC where i have internet, can i then just grab the "UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10" folder and copied to another computer and do the other steps there with out internet connection??

2- Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat

3- Open UE4.sln, build UE4 and ShaderCompileWorker projects.

4- Run UE4 Editor, open CornellBox or SciFiHallway projects.

Would it run with out issues...? or do i have to do the whole process with internet and then (perhaps??) grab the whole folder and copied to another pc?

Thanks
                Yes, once u have the dependencies downloaded, you can move/copy the directory around to other machines and it should work fine. I do this quite frequently.

Comment

Never mind, i manage to download from github now, i did not know that i have to register in the UE account, etc. Anyways, i`m downloading the 4.10 edition from here https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.10

Can you have moving/deforming objects with this VXGI feature and get the update in realtime or the realtime option is just for moving lights and for moving objects you have to wait for a calculation?...
                  VXGI is entirely realtime, but has a fairly hefty performance cost.

Comment

Yes, once u have the dependencies downloaded, you can move/copy the directory around to other machines and it should work fine. I do this quite frequently.
                    Great thanks.

VXGI is entirely realtime, but has a fairly hefty performance cost.
                    Having all in real time is fantastic even if the framerate is not high. I don`t want to use it for in-game render but for rendering character animation so having low frame rates is not an issue.

-If i have a really high res mesh in movement that i want to import in to UE4 for rendering, and the frame rate and viewport gets really sluggish can i process the sequence out with out depending on the viewport in similar way you render out a sequence in maya with mental ray, arnold, etc.

-Speaking of that, UE does not have a way to import geo cache trough alembic, mdd or other format.., right?

Thanks

Comment

Is using Physx Flex and other gameworks technology going to be free, or is this just for learning purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by SammVarnish View Post
                        Is using Physx Flex and other gameworks technology going to be free, or is this just for learning purposes?
                        Hey Samm,

as far as I can see it's free to use.

Here is a quote from NVidia:
                        Licensing
                        Many NVIDIA GameWorks components including tools, samples and binaries are freely available to all developers. For other binary or source code access please contact us at Game Works Licensing: VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com
                        Chris

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                        Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Thanks Schnitzel.
                          Originally posted by SchnitzelDude View Post
                          Hey Samm,

as far as I can see it's free to use.

Here is a quote from NVidia:

Chris

Comment

Hey guys.

So i let this download overnight and when i came back i got this message

Click image for larger version

Name:	Message.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1101155

Apparently the path was too long (C:\Users\username\Downloads\UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10) and it was 99% done...... do i have to download the whole thing again....

thanks

Comment

Apparently the path was too long (C:\Users\username\Downloads\UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10) and it was 99% done...... do i have to download the whole thing again....

No, Just move the UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10 folder u have already got to C:\ then re-run setup.bat, choose 'N' and it will only download what you are missing.

Comment

No, Just move the UnrealEngine-VXGI-4.10 folder u have already got to C:\ then re-run setup.bat, choose 'N' and it will only download what you are missing.
                                great, thanks again. Now after finished i get a message that said "Register Unreal Engine file types".., do i have to click yes or no?..., considering as i said before that i`m going to use this in another pc with no internet..

Comment

Working...
                                X