NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Streak Thunderstorm View Post
    I'm definitely excited about VXGI and hairworks being worked on. NVidia has some fantastic technology and I'm really excited to be able to use it in UE4. is there a possibility of all the technologies being compiled into one single branch of UE4?
    Yes, that is the plan. We are also planning to offer more extensive sample scenes and assets, but due to size restrictions these cannot be hosted on Github, so we will have to find another way to distribute them.

Comment

Hello Mike,

- How do PS4 and Xbox One fit into the current picture? Are some or all of these Gamework features supported for consoles? Any differences in licensing?
      - I read somewhere in this thread that VXGI can be set as an advanced high end PC only feature. How does this work in practice? Do I setup my scene for Lightmass as usual and then have an alternate VXGI setup that will disable the lightmaps rendering?
      - When talking about Flex integration, would we be able to have water simulation like the one in this video (at 1:18) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXxjleVS6pE
      Say for a swimming pool I have in my scene.

Comment

Really excited to hear hairworks is coming along faster then expected, and it's interesting to hear that faceworks might be in the future as well! Since you guys are aiming to have some stuff ready by GDC...does that mean you will be at GDC?
        Carlos Montero | Technical Art Director | Neoglyphic Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosNeoglyphic View Post
          Really excited to hear hairworks is coming along faster then expected, and it's interesting to hear that faceworks might be in the future as well! Since you guys are aiming to have some stuff ready by GDC...does that mean you will be at GDC?
          Yeah, they will be. Right next to Epic

http://www.gdconf.com/pdf/floorplans..._2_10_2015.pdf

Comment

I can't wait anymore!

Click the tiny bird!
            It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
              Its Friday the 13th
              It seems we'll have to wait a little longer

Click the tiny bird!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
                Its Friday the 13th
                Had the same thought when I turned on my PC. Friday the 13th? VXGI, VXGI, VXGI please....

Comment

Originally posted by KlausT View Post
                  Had the same thought when I turned on my PC. Friday the 13th? VXGI, VXGI, VXGI please....
                  I know, right....whole day Xmas feeling...but where has Santa been? Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, come out come out whereever you are...

Comment

Originally posted by rubenst View Post
                    I know, right....whole day Xmas feeling...but where has Santa been? Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, come out come out whereever you are...
                    Hahahahahahhahahaah!! ;P lol

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                      It seems we'll have to wait a little longer
                      sigh... life goes on.

Comment

Something must have gone wrong, maybe the curse of yesterday Friday the 13th? But today is a good day and I hope that it will released today /jk

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                          Something must have gone wrong, maybe the curse of yesterday Friday the 13th? But today is a good day and I hope that it will released today /jk
                          Probably is something related to the GDC

Click the tiny bird!

Comment

Originally posted by rubenst View Post
                            I think you scared them away.

Comment

Originally posted by gboxentertainment View Post
                              I think you scared them away.
                              Me hopes not. Just trying to be funny you know O.O

Plus me got plenty of stuff that seriously needs some sort of workable GI solution that supports creating area lights and what else NV demonstrated in the early demos b4 it was called VXGI...me loves and can't wait!

If there are still issues to be ironed out I think we could live with that for while and putting it on Github like the others would give the opportunity for the community to jump in and help fix them - that's what this whole open/shared source is about, isn't it?

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                              X