No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall Hairworks for UE4 does not work with temporal AA. Is that fixed now? that is a show stopper for us and a lot of studios as temporal AA is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by SouldomainTM View Post
      Is Nvidia Gameworks (Flex, VXGI, FireWorks) going to be available as a plugin outside a private Github?
      No, at least not in the near future.

Comment

Updated VXGI-4.10 branch on NvPhysX github:

- Now you can change VXGI material parameters on material instances.
        - Ambient occlusion mode is applied correctly (before that it was just showing the AO channel). By default, it's mixed into the SSAO channel - controlled by the PPV / VXGI Ambient / Mix Intensity slider. Or you can use it in a post-processing material from the VxgiDiffuse channel.
        - Maxwell GPU features supported in D3D12 mode.
        - New Readme file containing a FAQ section.
        - A lot of bug fixes.

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.10

Comment

Can you only run with Nvidia card? I have AMD and Nvidia in the same system, and the Flex things don't work. Do I have to remove/disable the AMD card in order for UE4 Flex to function properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
            Is there anyway to atattch flex to an animiation?

Here a little example. The pink cube is an flex object attached on spawn to the grey ball. The cube will not move with the left and right animation of the ball but when I move the ball directly in unreal it will.

I just made this video as an example I actually want to attach a flex oject on the hand of an animated person.
            Can you elaborate how you went about achieving that?

Comment

Originally posted by Semaphore View Post
              I recall Hairworks for UE4 does not work with temporal AA. Is that fixed now? that is a show stopper for us and a lot of studios as temporal AA is a must.
              Yes. It's fixed now. Enjoy it.

Comment

hi
                what is MultiRes-4.10 branch ?

Comment

Does anyone know how I could go about integrating just waveworks with the latest release of UE4? I had trouble figuring out what the specific changes were in NvPhysx/UnrealEngine's waveworks branch, although it seemed to only be 13 commits so it must be rather small changes to the engine.

Comment

Hi,

I noticed a strange thing happening with VXGI when using tessellation on a material, it emits more light.
                    Here an example with a very simple white material :
                    Without Tessellation
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	spherenotess.png
Views:	1
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1099920

With Tessellation (PNTriangles Adaptative with 2 multiplier, I believe the light increases with the multiplier)
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	spheretess.png
Views:	1
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1099921

Comment

Originally posted by naserpoor View Post
                      hi
                      what is MultiRes-4.10 branch ?
                      http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/11...-engine-4-ue4/

Scroll down a little :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rrstuv View Post
                        Can you elaborate how you went about achieving that?
                        what exactly do you need to know?
                        The cube is just a flex object with attach to rigged checked and the ball is a static mash overlapping the cube on the edge so it attaches. The ball has a animation to showcase flex it is not interacting with animations. When you press simulate you can move it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          Well, it is there in our official VXGI-4.9/4.10 branches.
                          You can try merging the required changes manually, it's just one commit: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEng...c25c2725c8cc2d
                          Can anyone point me to where I can understand how to add commits to my UE4 engine source?

Comment

I just formatted windows 10, and restarted fresh. it is the only way, otherwise you waste too much time. on an ssd system, windows <10 minute clean install.

Comment

Has anyone done a manual merge of Waveworks and Flex into a custom branch of UE4? I'm having trouble pinning down the specific commits for both branches I would need to merge it into UE4 4.11+ myself.

Comment

4.10.2? Sweet

I remember someone saying that making the jump from 4.9 to 4.10 was causing lots of trouble, now that it's in does that mean that getting to 4.11 will be easier? (once it's stable of course).

Cos hairworks with the new hair/skin/cloth shader, that's gotta look pretty good doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X