No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to build Hairworks myself, and I'm not going to try again. Is there any news on when we can expect it to be integrated into unreal?

Skywalker "this is not going to go the way that you think" PORTFOLIO

Comment

Ok I tried to use VXGI on Elemental Demo map.
      And I have small issue. Voxelization times on this map, are going to ridicoulous times like 40+ ms.

Any ideas what I should start tweaking ?
      I'm using GTX 780.

Edit:
      I Disabled HDREmittance, Reduced MapSize, but neither have enough impact, rendering time is still floating around 60ms.
      Last edited by iniside; 01-08-2016, 12:17 AM.
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

@Alexey happy new year to you and to all of you. Is that true that Rise Of The Tomb Raider will include VXAO like this article vaguely mentions : http://wccftech.com/nvidias-vxao-to-...-what-we-know/ ?

I didn't know you could cut the VXAO as part of VXGI and use it separately without the need of dynamic GI tech that induced it as a result.
        Either this possible and that I am not aware of (and many others too) and if true would you please explain how VXAO can work without the need of VXGI to generate Voxel AO resulting from n the Voxel GI lights?

Or that article writer got completely confused and mixed between the techs.
        Last edited by Nudlegaru; 01-08-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Is anyone able to Pakage games with the current Hairworks branch? I just want to know if the issue is on my side or if it is currently not possible. Everything else than pakaging the game works fine for me.
          Last edited by Rathren; 01-09-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
            @Alexey happy new year to you and to all of you. Is that true that Rise Of The Tomb Raider will include VXAO like this article vaguely mentions : http://wccftech.com/nvidias-vxao-to-...-what-we-know/ ?

I didn't know you could cut the VXAO as part of VXGI and use it separately without the need of dynamic GI tech that induced it as a result.
            Either this possible and that I am not aware of (and many others too) and if true would you please explain how VXAO can work without the need of VXGI to generate Voxel AO resulting from n the Voxel GI lights?

Or that article writer got completely confused and mixed between the techs.
            Based on http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc...-Panteleev.pdf looks like you can edit the VXGI parameters to get VXAO.

The writer of the article perhaps thinks VXAO is something extra or different compared to VXGI but from what I see it appears VXAO uses current VXGI but skips the GI parts to do VXAO and get nice results with less demanding computing.

The writer says "Nvidia says VXAO is unreleased" etc. because probably it is a subset of VXGI and maybe there are better ways to do VXAO in VXGI or VXAO by itself, etc.

It looks like the latest Tomb Raider will use non-GI lighting but some kind of VXAO to get nice AO and "GI-like" looks.

Of course, I'm sure Alexey or others can clarify accordingly.
            Last edited by srmojuze; 01-11-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
              Based on http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc...-Panteleev.pdf looks like you can edit the VXGI parameters to get VXAO.

The writer of the article perhaps thinks VXAO is something extra or different compared to VXGI but from what I see it appears VXAO uses current VXGI but skips the GI parts to do VXAO and get nice results with less demanding computing.

The writer says "Nvidia says VXAO is unreleased" etc. because probably it is a subset of VXGI and maybe there are better ways to do VXAO in VXGI or VXAO by itself, etc.

It looks like the latest Tomb Raider will use non-GI lighting but some kind of VXAO to get nice AO and "GI-like" looks.

Graphics setting are revealed: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rise-o...ings-revealed/

And no VXAO option. It seems you can't have Voxel AO without using VXGI as a whole (otherwise how would the engine calculate resulting voxel AO if there is no Voxel GI solution to generate it).

Comment

Originally posted by srmojuze View Post

VXAO is the ambient occlusion part of VXGI, that is correct.

I can't say anything about the Tomb Raider game.

Comment

Hey Nvidia, thanks for releasing an update!
                  I'm running in some issues though. With some hair assets UE4 crashes when I want to add them in a BP. In the Furviewer.exe they work fine.
                  In GalaxyMan's build I couldn't get them to move with the skeletal mesh like they were not skinned to the same bones.. I think I'm doing something wrong during the export of my character and the hair assets.
                  But it's weird that they do work in the FurViewer.. I hope someone can help me!

EDIT: Wow, I feel incredibly stupid.. I had added meshes and other objects to the growthmesh's skin modifier.. It's fixed now
                  Last edited by FloreV; 01-16-2016, 07:12 AM.
                  Project Shinrin | Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
                    Is anyone able to Pakage games with the current Hairworks branch? I just want to know if the issue is on my side or if it is currently not possible. Everything else than pakaging the game works fine for me.
                    You'd better enable only DX11 target, and disable others in project settings.

Comment

Hi Guys.
                      I have a few questions about VXGI:

1)how i can increase density of voxels for specified mesh (for example for character for better quality)?
                      2)is there any difference between rendering a mesh with overlapped UVs or correct UVs with VXGI?this subject is important in light mass.
                      3)in some cases when i use VXGI for rendering, my scene has noises (for example tree with wind).how to avoid that?
                      4)is there any difference between rendering quality of big objects and little objects or hi poly and low poly objects in VXGI?

Comment

Originally posted by ZAxis View Post
                        1)how i can increase density of voxels for specified mesh (for example for character for better quality)?
                        There's no way. Voxel density is one for all objects, but there are multiple levels of detail, so regions of space further away from the camera / anchor have lower voxel density.
                        It's controlled by a combination of r.VXGI.MapSize and r.VXGI.Range console variables. And you can use a "VXGI Anchor" actor to place the region with highest density around your special mesh.

2)is there any difference between rendering a mesh with overlapped UVs or correct UVs with VXGI?this subject is important in light mass.
                        It doesn't matter for VXGI.

3)in some cases when i use VXGI for rendering, my scene has noises (for example tree with wind).how to avoid that?
                        Try reducing Tracing Sparsity, or enable Temporal Filtering - both in VXGI Diffuse section of PPV.

4)is there any difference between rendering quality of big objects and little objects or hi poly and low poly objects in VXGI?
                        Not really. The only special cases are - objects with size comparable to a voxel or smaller, which will flicker when moved, and large objects that are far away, which may be out of the voxel space and thus not affecting the scene at all.

Comment

Hi Alexey,

We are currently running Galaxyman's latest 4.9 build, so I'm not sure if this one is already handled or not, but anyway: We have noticed that VXGI only voxelizes regular meshes, not instanced meshes. For optimization purposes we are currently converting a lot of meshes to Hierarchical Instanced Static Meshes, but just noticed, that VXGI doesn't seem to voxelize them at all. Which is obviously really unfortunate. Is it possible to add voxelization of HISMs in the future or has it already been done in an earlier version?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Flex team,

Haven't heard of any update on Flex in a long while now...is development still ongoing?

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              I just wanted to drop a line that HairWorks is now available in Ue4 4.10. You can nab it over on GitHub.
                              --Aron

Comment

Great to hear azoellner!!! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X