Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
    Hello NVIDIA.
    Unreal Engine supports "Hair / fur hading" from 4.11.
    So, please support UE4.11 or its later versions for HairWorks.
    Yea.
    I think the idea resolution for hair would be combining the two techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
      Hey,
      I wanted to ask if it is possible to make only a selected part of a flex object into moving flex and keep the other part static.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work
      Hi.

Im not sure if i understand exactly what you need, but if your flex object is overlaping with mesh (static or dynamic) than that part of flex object become atached to that object (so it may be static). Send me PM if you need more info.

Comment

Is there a compiled project for VXGI and Flex? If not, how do I compile for both of these?
        Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

alright. Any news on face works?
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Ok seriously , How will it work ?
            I'm guessing Hairworks is just till Unreal 4.5 and I currently have 4.9.
            Is it a version thing or am I doing it wrong ?
            Check out Survivalizm. Animal Adventure game. Save the animals.
            Arcade satellite shooter - Protect Thy Sphere thingy

Comment

Guys don't let this thread die :P My life depends on it lol. We're going to receive new update after 4.11 right?
              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Is there anyway to atattch flex to an animiation?

Here a little example. The pink cube is an flex object attached on spawn to the grey ball. The cube will not move with the left and right animation of the ball but when I move the ball directly in unreal it will.

I just made this video as an example I actually want to attach a flex oject on the hand of an animated person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rathren View Post
                  Is there anyway to atattch flex to an animiation?

Here a little example. The pink cube is an flex object attached on spawn to the grey ball. The cube will not move with the left and right animation of the ball but when I move the ball directly in unreal it will.

I just made this video as an example I actually want to attach a flex oject on the hand of an animated person.
                  Couldn't you attach it to bone or socket instead of the actor itself?
                  Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
                    Couldn't you attach it to bone or socket instead of the actor itself?
                    The grey ball has 2 animated bones witch make him move. It did overlap with the bones on spawn so with bones doesn't seem to work am I right?.

How to attach flex on a socked?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rathren; 01-03-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

As far as I am aware, flex objects cannot be attached to bones or sockets at this time. This is a feature that I do plan on implementing at some point, but not in the near future.
                      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Would it be possible to have a trigger event that replaces a rigidbody with a flex object or spawns a flex object?

Comment

Hey GalaxyMan2015, Are you planning on doing an gameworks all branches for 4.11?
                          That would be great, I really want to try sequencer

best

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                            As far as I am aware, flex objects cannot be attached to bones or sockets at this time. This is a feature that I do plan on implementing at some point, but not in the near future.
                            Thank you for the answer
                            There is no way yet to attach flex on anything animated or is there any work around? Almost every game uses animations meaning not being able to use flex together with them would be really sad
                            Anyway I love flex maybe I just gotta wait. Keep up the great work guys

Comment

Hi Dave, I have the same problem. Did you find a solution to it?

Comment

Hi Guys.
                                I have questions about VXGI:

1)how i can increase density of voxels for specified mesh (for example for character)?
                                2)is there any difference between rendering a mesh with overlapped UVs or correct UVs with VXGI?this subject is important in light mass.
                                3)in some cases when i use VXGI for rendering my scene has noises (for example tree with wind).how to avoid that?
                                4)is there any difference between rendering quality of big objects and little objects or hi poly and low poly objects?

Comment

Working...
                                X