NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kettun View Post
    I did a full clean re-download and rebuild of the engine from scratch, I was obviously using the wrong version. clearly things are now much better. Huzzah.

That's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbeysaurus View Post
      Thought I'd share my character using HairWorks.
      That is very impressive, are you also using SSS shaders for the skin, etc? Any more details you can share regarding the character? That looks like AAA-quality characters that aren't too "creepy".

Comment

Originally posted by srmojuze View Post
        That is very impressive, are you also using SSS shaders for the skin, etc? Any more details you can share regarding the character? That looks like AAA-quality characters that aren't too "creepy".
        Thanks a lot! Yeah I did use the SSS Profiles for the skin and eyes. It's a mermaid character I did for a client a while ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	abbey-miranda-highresscreenshot00005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	562.6 KB
ID:	1097083Click image for larger version

Name:	abbey-miranda-highresscreenshot00006.jpg
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1097084
        Attached Files

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Hi everybody.

I made a small demo of VXGI and FLEX together which you can download (https://mega.nz/#!aspGHTKQ!WA4_Nodsr...n2xUmqYp4ujwhI) if you want. Its running on my geforce 660Ti.

Info about controls and some stuff in video description or in readme file in demo folder.

Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

Guys, how to fix this problem??? How to attach hair to mesh?Click image for larger version

Name:	Безымянный.png
Size:	948.9 KB
ID:	1097211

Comment

In the components tab, drag and drop the Hair component on top of your BigfootRig

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but is there any update on HairWorks for the PS4?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigkdo View Post
                  Hi everybody.

I made a small demo of VXGI and FLEX together which you can download (https://mega.nz/#!aspGHTKQ!WA4_Nodsr...n2xUmqYp4ujwhI) if you want. Its running on my geforce 660Ti.

Info about controls and some stuff in video description or in readme file in demo folder.

Wow. Runs reasonably well even on my Nvidia 950M 2GB DDR3.

Originally posted by Abbeysaurus View Post
                  Thanks a lot! Yeah I did use the SSS Profiles for the skin and eyes. It's a mermaid character I did for a client a while ago.
                  Nice!
                  Last edited by srmojuze; 12-19-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Has anyone gotten WaveWorks to work in 4.10?
                    Trent Polack (@mittense)
                    Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

Hey did anyone figure out some better fluid values than in the standart nvidia 4.7 flex sample yet? Im still having hugh issues with it,for example if ill apply a small radius and improved smothness i'll get a pretty smooth looking surface,BUT now the fluid particles behave pretty strange in collision and in "binding" with each other,i even tried to correct that manually in flex container (you need to set collision down if u shrink the particle radius down for example),still not as good as the nvidia flex demo (running independent from ue4),btw im trying to redo the nvidia flex demo samples in unreal with a little discription next to each explaining how its actually setup in unreal as a learning process for myself,but why not share it as "lookup tutorial" once its reached a state where i think its ready for tut release. Here its whats done so far: Physics meshes,ropes,turn ur own mesh into a softbodie (like in the examples but with tut to use ur own mesh),different fluids demonstrated (from water up to goo),using flex for other effects like snow,rain....

And heres what i cant do atm and would love help with : cloth that can be ripped apart,just can't find documentation about it (see flex demo),as mentioned above better looking fluid surfaces :/

Comment

Originally posted by Nigkdo View Post
                        Hi everybody.

Hey, this looks cool! Thanks!

I noticed some voxel space aliasing though, I mean the lighting doesn't change smoothly when you move things. Maybe these settings will help:
                        r.VXGI.HighQualityEmittanceDownsamplingEnable = 1
                        Material: VxgiProportionalEmittance = 1
                        Material: VxgiCoverageSupersampling = 1 OR MaterialSamplingRate > 1

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          Hey, this looks cool! Thanks!

I noticed some voxel space aliasing though, I mean the lighting doesn't change smoothly when you move things. Maybe these settings will help:
                          r.VXGI.HighQualityEmittanceDownsamplingEnable = 1
                          Material: VxgiProportionalEmittance = 1
                          Material: VxgiCoverageSupersampling = 1 OR MaterialSamplingRate > 1
                          Hi! Im glad you like it and thanks for advices.

I think i enabled HighQualityEmittanceDownsampling but definietly didnt change anything in material settings. Also vxgi map size is set to 64, so 128 would looks noticably better i guess (ill make it optional). Im planning to add one more scene with ropes so ill try to improve visual quality with your suggestions (when i get better, im sick lying in bed right now).

Comment

Originally posted by azoellner View Post
                            Hello everyone. I'd like to mention that we updated HairWorks on GitHub for UE4 4.7.5. The associated tools for HairWorks 1.1.1 can be found here. This new update fixes a handful of bugs, introduces new functionality, and improves workflow. We do not have a date for HairWorks in UE4 4.10, but we are working on it. Enjoy!
                            Hello NVIDIA.
                            Unreal Engine supports "Hair / fur hading" from 4.11.
                            So, please support UE4.11 or its later versions for HairWorks.

Comment

Yeah, shading support from the 4.11 update would be cool if that's possible
                              Project Shinrin | Portfolio

Comment

Hey,
                                I wanted to ask if it is possible to make only a selected part of a flex object into moving flex and keep the other part static.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work

Comment

Working...
                                X