No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured it out, looks like it's bug in the newest build of HairWorks for maya "Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11028.12482"
    I tried it in maya 2015 aswell with the newest build. Same issue.

So I downloaded an older build "Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.10506.22462" and the bug was gone.

I would report it to nVidia but don't know how!

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghullie View Post
      Figured it out, looks like it's bug in the newest build of HairWorks for maya "Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11028.12482"

So I downloaded an older build "Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.10506.22462" and the bug was gone.

Cheers.
      I was reported to NVIDIA(VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com).
      Nvidia is said to fix the bug.

Comment

I don't think its a bug... that is the max resamples supported at the moment. the Hair component settings in UE4 too allows a maximum of 4 at this time.

As for the Bald spot, play with your root stiffness and also helps to have proper density maps applied to the scalp
        Last edited by Abeysaurus; 12-09-2015, 09:00 AM.

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015
          I don't want to seem impatient, but I was wondering if you could tell us how far along with 4.10 you are?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbeysaurus View Post
            I don't think its a bug... that is the max resamples supported at the moment. the Hair component settings in UE4 too allows a maximum of 4 at this time.

As for the Bald spot, play with your root stiffness and also helps to have proper density maps applied to the scalp
            The bug I experienced didn't allow me to lower the number either, it was stuck on default. I had no issue bumping them up to 16 once I had downgraded the plugin to an older version.
            The setting you are thinking of in Unreal is the Spline Multiplier, which indeed is maxed out at 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnAk4ksV74

This is what I got in the end.
            Last edited by Ghullie; 12-09-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Cheers.
              I was reported to NVIDIA(VisualFX-Licensing@nvidia.com).

from NVIDIA
              Absolutely, this is a bug.
              It happens when user visit a HairWorks via Outliner.
              Now it is fixed.
              Please use the attached build.
              https://developer.nvidia.com/gamewor...airworks-1-1-1
              NVIDIA_HairWorks_For_Autodesk_Maya_2016_64bit_1.1.11209.11002.msi
              Last edited by Aabs Inc.; 12-11-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

The bug I experienced didn't allow me to lower the number either, it was stuck on default. I had no issue bumping them up to 16 once I had downgraded the plugin to an older version.
                The setting you are thinking of in Unreal is the Spline Multiplier, which indeed is maxed out at 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnAk4ksV74

This is what I got in the end.
                Ah right, i was referring to the spline multiplier. Also I think I have been using the older plugin from the start, so i didnt experience that issue.

BTW, Nvidia just posted some new handy videos for HairWorks. Check them out

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Does anyone know if its possible to pause the hair simulation in unreal? I noticed the hair simulates even when play mode is off.

I'm using the Unreal 4.7.5 branch.

Comment

Heya! I've been making some serious strides on my character using Hairworks, However, I have run into an issue that makes it completely impossible to use hairworks in my project for now.

To very simply explain it, in the material editor in UE4, there is a material function (standard included) called SplineThicken. this extrudes, and screen faces a very thin polystrip for use of hair, thin wire, lasers and other thin geometry.

Assuming that this is a similar, if not identical technique used to render the hairstrands in a hairworks file, it clashes, or something. causes a crash anyway if it's on the same screen. Considering the character is part of a scene where there are alot of these more static splines rendered out, it becomes impossible to use hairworks, which was the original point.

It occurs both in Nvidia's 4.7.5 branch and Galaxyman's 4.9.2 branch (the latter beeing used due to the multi-light support)

Crash report:

Code:
                    Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: !bSrcStencilWrite || bDstStencilWrite [File:D:\Applications\Epic\Epic Games\Nvidia 4.9.2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
                    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ValidateExclusiveDepthStencilAccess() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:678]
                    UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHISetDepthStencilState() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:688]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory::DrawMesh() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:474]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::RenderPrimitive() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:727]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::DrawPrimitives() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:705]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::DrawAllTranslucencyPasses() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1107]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderTranslucency() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1216]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1402]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1585]
                    UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`23'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:779]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:539]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:340]
                    UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:310]
                    UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:411]
                    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]
                    Last edited by Kettun; 12-11-2015, 08:21 PM.
                    my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                    Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                    I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

Is the melting feature allready doable in the unreal branch (galaxymans or official nvidia),i mean turning a mesh into a bunch of the flex fluid particles which hold form for a short period and then melt?

Comment

Originally posted by Kettun View Post
                        Heya! I've been making some serious strides on my character using Hairworks, However, I have run into an issue that makes it completely impossible to use hairworks in my project for now.

To very simply explain it, in the material editor in UE4, there is a material function (standard included) called SplineThicken. this extrudes, and screen faces a very thin polystrip for use of hair, thin wire, lasers and other thin geometry.

Assuming that this is a similar, if not identical technique used to render the hairstrands in a hairworks file, it clashes, or something. causes a crash anyway if it's on the same screen. Considering the character is part of a scene where there are alot of these more static splines rendered out, it becomes impossible to use hairworks, which was the original point.

It occurs both in Nvidia's 4.7.5 branch and Galaxyman's 4.9.2 branch (the latter beeing used due to the multi-light support)

Crash report:

Code:

"Assertion failed: !bSrcStencilWrite || bDstStencilWrite [File:D:\Applications\Epic\Epic Games\Nvidia 4.9.2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
                        UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::ValidateExclusiveDepthStencilAccess() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:678]
                        UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHISetDepthStencilState() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11commands.cpp:688]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucencyDrawingPolicyFactory::DrawMesh() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:474]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::RenderPrimitive() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:727]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FTranslucentPrimSet::DrawPrimitives() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:705]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::DrawAllTranslucencyPasses() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1107]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderTranslucency() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\translucentrendering.cpp:1216]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1402]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1585]
                        UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`23'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:779]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:539]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:340]
                        UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:310]
                        UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:411]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\applications\epic\epic games\nvidia 4.9.2\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]
                        Hi. We can't reproduce it in 4.7.5 branch. Are you using the old integration? We have released a new one.
                        Last edited by Xu Nie; 12-14-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

I have been taking some time away from UE4 development, and will be not available for development the remainder of this month, and possibly January. I will still try my best to get around to answering questions when I can.

Originally posted by Number47 View Post
                          @GalaxyMan2015
                          I don't want to seem impatient, but I was wondering if you could tell us how far along with 4.10 you are?
                          I ran into some issues with getting my branch up to 4.10. Primarily Turbulence and FLEX did not want to instantiate. Havent had a chance to return to it yet to see what I could do to fix it.

Originally posted by Kettun View Post

Crash report:

Code:

Yeah thats definately a bug, looks to be that the Spline Thicken function requires some specific depth/stencil access that maybe is conflicting with what the hair rendering requires. I'll take a look if I get a chance.

EDIT: Didnt see Xu Nie's response above. Please follow their instructions to help get the issue resolved, and then I will port over their fix to my branch.

Originally posted by jungerroemer View Post
                          Is the melting feature allready doable in the unreal branch (galaxymans or official nvidia),i mean turning a mesh into a bunch of the flex fluid particles which hold form for a short period and then melt?
                          The closest you would get to this, is the same way its done in the FLEX demos, construct your mesh out of FLEX particles, including rendering them as particles, then controlling the variables on the container at a specific time to cause them to collapse (melt).
                          Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 12-13-2015, 11:04 PM.
                          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Am i the only one that have pb with speedtree and VXGI. They seem to glow instead of acting like ''normal mesh''. (even if i give them normal shadder)
                            Gabriel Rheault - Technical Artist
                            --------------------------
                            - www.artstation.com/grheault

Comment

Originally posted by Xu Nie View Post
                              Hi. We can't reproduce it in 4.7.5 branch. Are you using the old integration? We have released a new one.
                              I did a full clean re-download and rebuild of the engine from scratch, I was obviously using the wrong version. clearly things are now much better. Huzzah.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kettun; 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM.
                              my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                              Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                              I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

Ok i got the melting feature working,ill demonstrate it on a snowman here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcn...ature=youtu.be , its very basic yet,but allready shows flex surface particles used with a shape emitter,however i was too lazy to make a blueprint to showcase it replacing the static mesh so i just placed the emitter on the right side of a static snowman,every important value is shown in the video,ill start finetuning the liquid effect now,since it still looks a bit "blobby",if u now any good radius,smothness and so on values for the surface fluid particles let me know

Comment

Working...
                                X