No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright. I got problems with Visual Studio 2015... I can't even build my engine xD
    Galaxyman what version did you used? to build your latest merge? I tried to install VS2015 but its failed. It says Teamexplorer failed to install. Now i cant even use 2013...
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Thanks, I suspected, there was no "easy" way out.

Originally posted by Daniel.Wenograd View Post
      Uncheck it before hitting the compile button.

The only other way is just to build a merged branch yourself, which while it isn't too terrible to do so, it can introduce back a lot of the issues that GalaxyMan fixed. There may be an option somewhere to not make VXGI enabled the default option, it didn't used to be until 4.9 and past it, but the easiest solution is just to turn off VXGI for the materials you need to edit from this point forward, and just eat the longer compile time for the rest of them when the project first loads.

Comment

Thought I'd share my character using HairWorks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00023 copy.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	824.6 KB
ID:	1094250

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Has anyone had any luck integrating the community OceanProject? Tried the 4.9 branch and then just a simple project folder re-compile but it failed. Seems to think it is the wrong version...

Excellent stuff though GalaxyMan! Thanks for the work you're putting into this.
          Last edited by ianoreo; 11-30-2015, 09:56 PM.
          ue4 rendering

Comment

it is possible to have a guide on how to integrate hairworks in other UE4 versions?, for example what files or assets do we need to include in our UE source .Net project?.
            I am already working with UE 4.8 and I dont want to migrate all my code and assets to Nvidia's UE versions. .
            By the way, thanks a lot for making hairworks working with UE. I have been waiting for this long time

Comment

The new integration is still based on UE4.7.5. The next coming release should be based on 4.10. If you don't want to do the upgrading by yourself, I think you have to wait for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                I have exposed FlexComponent to blueprints in one of my prior commits, so my branch at this point should allow that (Not much is accessible from it, such as container instance properties, etc. am working on that). And yes I have had issues getting location data from flex actors. I did have a workaround (using custom location handling) but it broke rigid bodies, so will try again at some point.
                Hi GalaxyMan,

Was wondering about similar issues too...is it actually possible to get Flex particle position/velocity, as well as collision position/normal/speed? (basically all the metrics exposed by the Flex API itself)

Cheers :-)
                Melvin.

Comment

hi guys.
                  i am using Galexyman2015 branch v4.9 . Thank you for you hard works.
                  I have tow questions about flex:
                  1) Is there any tutorial on how to using flex? pdf or sample or video?
                  2) I am using apex and maya for creating cloth but unfortunately i got that exported cloth not interacted with world i want to know that flex cloth is same as apex cloth or it can interact or collide with world?

Thanks.
                  Sajjad shirzadi.

Comment

ZAxis:

Hi.

1)Not sure if it is in galaxymans branch, but in official flex branch in UnrealEngine/FlexProject/Documentation/ is a documentation.

Comment

Newbie question, why do bouyant objects not change rotation on the WaveWorks ocean? All objects can move around, but they don't seem to rotate at all on the water. http://imgur.com/4nqlQwj In this demo the ship rotates, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: Another question, how can I set Waveworks to only interact with certain static meshes instead of everything? When I set any static meshes to Static, the game runs slower and slower until eventually it crashes, and when I set the static meshes to Movable, then they float along with the waves no matter what I try.
                      Last edited by Dogsofknowledge; 12-04-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Is there any way to get rid of the visual representation of an emissive object in VXGI without loosing them as lights?

I am using some emissive planes to light my scene, but I don't want to see them.
                        Something like "primary visibility off" in Maya. So they still emit light, but cannot be seen in the users camera?
                        Last edited by starfish7985; 12-03-2015, 01:08 PM.
                        Florian Dirmhirn
                        Technical Director
                        3DEXCITE

Comment

Hello everyone. I'd like to mention that we updated HairWorks on GitHub for UE4 4.7.5. The associated tools for HairWorks 1.1.1 can be found here. This new update fixes a handful of bugs, introduces new functionality, and improves workflow. We do not have a date for HairWorks in UE4 4.10, but we are working on it. Enjoy!
                          --Aron

Comment

Originally posted by azoellner View Post
                            Hello everyone. I'd like to mention that we updated HairWorks on GitHub for UE4 4.7.5. The associated tools for HairWorks 1.1.1 can be found here. This new update fixes a handful of bugs, introduces new functionality, and improves workflow. We do not have a date for HairWorks in UE4 4.10, but we are working on it. Enjoy!
                            I guess by the time you have it Epic will release 4.11 so maybe you want to be a head of the game and work on 4.11 instead
                            (Just a thought)
                            Raed Abbas
                            Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
                            Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                            FACEBOOK

Comment

Anyone have problem with mesh that have opacity shader in it?. When a select the mesh, they act like they are supposed to, but when they are unselected, the light doesn't got through? Do i need to download VXGI translucidity and if yes...how i'm i supposed to install it
                              Gabriel Rheault - Technical Artist
                              --------------------------
                              - www.artstation.com/grheault

Comment

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with HairWorks and Maya.

Basically the issue is the Hairworks node in Maya doesn't let me change the "Resample Guides" number and is constantly stuck on 4. I can type any number, but when I select anything else in the scene it resets back to the default.

I am using Maya 2016, Hairworks 1.1.1 and the 4.7.5 branch of Unreal.

Name:	HairworksBugMaya.png
Views:	1
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	1094666

It exports guides with 4 segments no matter what I do.

Name:	HairworksBugViewerGuides.png
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1094667

This results results in bald spots when imported in the engine.

Name:	HairworksBugUnreal.png
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	1094665

Anyone got any tips?

Comment

Working...
                                X