NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Alexey.Panteleev

Could somebody @ Nvidias Demo Team Please Update the Apollo 11 VXGI Techdemo, never saw a Released Nvidia Techdemo failing for so long Driver Release wise,it starts to feel strange.

It's VXGI part seems completely broken on GM204 (GTX 970) 359.00 WHQL

http://www.nvidia.com/coolstuff/demos#!/apollo-11

Or will you update it first once VXGI is fully stable ?

Your VXGI/AO LDR Sponza sample applications still run without issues
    Last edited by Cru_N_cher; 11-22-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rit View Post
      If you need more information, please let me know.

I've tried importing my .fbx and .apx to the HairWorks Tech demo project this morning (to verify if there's any project setting I have overlooked), but the fur still refuse to animate with the mesh
      Feel free to send me your FBX and APX files and I can take a look. Normally theres something off in the APX file that causes it not to work in UE4. Just PM me and I will send you my email address.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Anyone that can guide me into how to integrate the gameworks builds correctly into Truesky build? Thanks in advance
        WIP Thread _ Modular Packs

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-absence
        https://twitter.com/PermafrostDevs

Comment

Hi GalaxyMan,

First, thank you so much for this awesome work!

We're experiencing a crash while running Hairworks 1.1 in the VR preview in 4.9.2. Previous editor versions worked (somewhat) but now it's a hard crash after hitting play. Any ideas? I'll include the log below.

I've also come across a strange issue while using Hairworks in VR in 4.9.1 and earlier - The displays for each eye render the hair object slightly offset from its correct position (and in opposite directions for each eye). It has the effect of making the hair appear to float at each side of the head instead of the center where it is attached. This offset appears to be based on distance as well. As you move closer to the hair object the position of the hair in the 2 different eyes begins to converge toward the correct position.

Does this sound like something you would be able to fix? Or is it even possible to fix? We'd be happy to compensate you for your time as well.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	hairworks_offset_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1093812

Crash log:

Fatal error: [File:\UE4_Projects\UE-4.9.2_NVIDIA\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 675]
          Rendering thread exception:
          Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00000003

vrclient_x64.dll
          vrclient_x64.dll
          vrclient_x64.dll
          vrclient_x64.dll
          UE4Editor-SteamVR.dll!FSteamVRHMD:3D11Bridge::FinishRendering() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\plugins\runtime\steam\steamvr\source\steamvr\private\steamvrrender.cpp:114]
          UE4Editor-SteamVR.dll!FSteamVRHMD:3D11Bridge::Present() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\plugins\runtime\steam\steamvr\source\steamvr\private\steamvrrender.cpp:151]
          UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!FD3D11Viewport::PresentChecked() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:257]
          UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!FD3D11Viewport::Present() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:454]
          UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:562]
          UE4Editor-RHI.dll!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1192]
          UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer.dll!FSlateRHIRenderer:rawWindow_RenderThread() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:472]
          UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer.dll!TGraphTask<`FSlateRHIRenderer:rawWindows_Private'::`37'::EURCMacro_SlateDrawWindowsCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:779]
          UE4Editor-Core.dll!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:539]
          UE4Editor-Core.dll!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:340]
          UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:310]
          UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:411]
          UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]
          UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [d:\ue4_projects\ue-4.9.2_nvidia\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:31]
          KERNEL32.DLL
          ntdll.dll
          ntdll.dll

Comment

Honestly have not tested any of the GameWorks techs in VR. So there are bound to be issues. I do have a DK2 so I could certainly test, just may take some time due to simulation sickness which hits me hard.
            NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
            Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hey guys, quick question to my fellow devs:

My card blew out on me, so i need a new one, I saw alot of ppl get the GTX 980, but I'm kinda strapped for cash, anyone got info on if a 960 will work?
              Hobbyist trying to go pro.

Comment

Originally posted by zlz_showtime View Post
                Hey guys, quick question to my fellow devs:

My card blew out on me, so i need a new one, I saw alot of ppl get the GTX 980, but I'm kinda strapped for cash, anyone got info on if a 960 will work?
                I can confirm the 960 works with Gameworks. I don't know the performance Differences, but I use the 960 with GalaxyMan2015's Branch. I primarily just use VXGI, HBAO, and Hairworks. They both work fine for my needs.
                Michaell Bakalars
                Creative Director
                Sprout Concept
                www.sproutconcept.com

Comment

Originally posted by rit View Post
                  Sure,

My mesh is a biped rabbit, build with 3ds max originally with a simple editable mesh modifier and a skin modifier.

mesh in 3ds max:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67014[/ATTACH]

UE4 blueprint without assigning animation:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67009[/ATTACH]

UE4 bluepirnt with animation:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67010[/ATTACH]

mesh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67011[/ATTACH]

skeleton:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67012[/ATTACH]

If you need more information, please let me know.

I've tried importing my .fbx and .apx to the HairWorks Tech demo project this morning (to verify if there's any project setting I have overlooked), but the fur still refuse to animate with the mesh
                  Hey im CryZENx and when it comes to 3ds max and hairworks im the expert

so the bones you have named in 3ds max are rabit xxxxx
                  when you import your model in ue4, ue4 fixes the space between the name so ue4 will change the bone name to rabit-xxxxx
                  make sure to remove the space from all the bones in 3DS max and export it in ue4 again and it should be working!

Last edited by iuhiuh; 11-25-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Progress report on my hairworks project; completely changed the hairstyle now with it's own custom scalp mesh. With r.Forwardlighting 1 it looks pretty decent now.

I've noticed that with the latest build from GalaxyMan the Hairworks wishes to only exist in one place at the same time, if I have it open in blueprint and in the editor viewport, it will prefer the blueprint viewport, and not go back to the editor viewport unless I close the blueprint editor and then simulate/play the main viewport.
                    my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                    Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                    I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

Sometimes I thinking about a game where FLEX provides things essential to gameplay... But AMD cards..... So, is any ETA present on CPU version of FLEX?
                      Pull Request - UE-13079: World Origin Shifting for Multiplayer. Make Arma Not War - TFAR.

Comment

Generate project files.bat is not working i guess. Its just stuck 3 hours without doing anyting. I've tested official vxgi it works fine. But galaxyman's 4.9.2 not working. any ideas?
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Hi CryZENx,

Thank you for the reply.

You mean the spaces between my bone names are the main reason why my fur won't animate with the rabbit, right?

I'll try and delete the spaces in bone names to night (GMT+8), and post my result.

Thank you again.
                          Last edited by rit; 11-26-2015, 06:24 AM.
                          Steam Page

Comment

Thank you guys so much!!

The problem is indeed the bone name's spaces. After I convert all the spaces to "_", the fur sync with the animation perfectly!

Now I got a fluffy bunny!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yay.png
Views:	1
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	1093999

Steam Page

Comment

im glad it worked have fun playing around it

Comment

Apparently the new material cone tracing feature didn't break anything, so it's merged into the official 4.9 and 4.10 branches now.

Comment

Working...
                                X