No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can i increase the voxels density? (vxgi)

Comment

Originally posted by vahid1991 View Post
      @Alexey.Panteleev hi
      any news isn't from VXGI.Specular for Translucent Material ?!
      we need real time reflect for Translucent Material ( Glass archviz )
      Not yet.

Originally posted by somawheels View Post
      how can i increase the voxels density? (vxgi)
      Reduce r.VXGI.Range.
      The other way is to increase r.VXGI.MapSize (to 256, default is 128) but that is very expensive and not recommended.

Comment

Is it possible to spawn decal on Nvidia Flex soft bodies? Like a paint splatter on an inflatable object for paintball.

Comment

Thanks Alexy.Panteleev, Another (less stupid) question regarding quality - my distance from a vxgi reflection increase, the quality decreases in a VERY noticable way and looks horrible (as though the voxel density decreases with increasing distance from object), can I choose the distance at which the quality decreases?
          thanks

Comment

Thanks Alexy.Panteleev, Another (less stupid) question regarding quality - my distance from a vxgi reflection increase, the quality decreases in a VERY noticable way and looks horrible (as though the voxel density decreases with increasing distance from object), can I choose the distance at which the quality decreases?
            thanks
            Voxel density does decrease when you move away from objects. And there is no control over the rate of this decrease, other than the overall range parameter.

You can try using the new feature with clip-map placement control (see this comment), and place the anchor near the reflected object.
            Also you can use SSR or set "r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR 1" to get high-quality reflections of visible objects.

Comment

thanks, I require decnt reflections for a water surface.
              I want the best reflections possible, regardless of performance.
              I have galaxyman's 4.9.2 build (not the latest build), so dont have access to the clip-map actor, could you tell me if this "clip-map" control will give me better reflections for water?

ue4 ssr is full of problems: It wont render reflections unless the thing being reflected are on screen, so there are missing relfections all over the place.

Comment

thanks, I require decnt reflections for a water surface.
                I want the best reflections possible, regardless of performance.
                I have galaxyman's 4.9.2 build (not the latest build), so dont have access to the clip-map actor, could you tell me if this "clip-map" control will give me better reflections for water?

ue4 ssr is full of problems: It wont render reflections unless the thing being reflected are on screen, so there are missing relfections all over the place.
                Well, it may give you better reflections, depending on scene and view. It just moves the "detail focus" point. Normally this point is in front of the camera, so objects far away have very coarse representation. And the VxgiAnchor actor moves this point to any place in the level. So you can set it to your reflected object and move the camera away. That object will look much better, but other objects, especially those close to the camera, will look worse.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                  What does the crash say? Like where is the issue?
                  Sorry for the late reply, but here is my log:

MachineId:2D1F47564DB43ECEEF48AE9025E7C217
                  EpicAccountId:0c73e63da1ee419bbbec946b4e547091

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

""

UE4Editor_Engine!UFlexComponent::CalcBounds() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\physicsengine\flexcomponent.cpp:539]
                  UE4Editor_Engine!USceneComponent::UpdateBounds() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\scenecomponent.cpp:711]
                  UE4Editor_Engine!USceneComponent::UpdateComponentToWorldWithParent() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\scenecomponent.cpp:359]
                  UE4Editor_Engine!USceneComponent::UpdateComponentToWorld() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\scenecomponent.cpp:398]
                  UE4Editor_Engine!USceneComponent::AttachTo() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\scenecomponent.cpp:1350]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintThumbnailScene::InstanceComponents() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\thumbnailhelpers.cpp:1184]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintThumbnailScene::InstanceComponents() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\thumbnailhelpers.cpp:1205]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintThumbnailScene::GetPooledVisualizableComponents() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\thumbnailhelpers.cpp:1324]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FClassActorThumbnailScene::SetObject() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\thumbnailhelpers.cpp:975]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UBlueprintThumbnailRenderer:raw() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\thumbnailrendering\blueprintthumbnailrenderer.cpp:97]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!ThumbnailTools::RenderThumbnail() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\objecttools.cpp:3749]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FAssetThumbnailPool::Tick() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\assetthumbnail.cpp:967]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FTickableEditorObject::TickObjects() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\public\tickableeditorobject.h:15]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1117]
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
                  UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2434]
                  UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                  UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                  UE4Editor!WinMain() [c:\unrealengine-4.9.2_nvidia_techs\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

Comment

Thanks for the good explanation.
                    Can i get vxgi reflections on translucent materials? because non appear on my translucent materials.

Comment

Hi Alexey, i've been trying to work on a custom translucent shader lit by vxgi, but I'm affraid I won't be able to do that easily as shader programming is not my field of experience ... I won't stop learning it though.
                      I believe a lot of people would love to have good lighting on translucent surface, I know it is a problem with deferred lighting as it is in UE4.
                      So, you have not planned to implement it in UE4, but you do think it is possible, right ?
                      What would be the best way, create a custom shader as I was first thinking, or maybe work on the native translucent shader rendering process ?

Comment

Thanks for the good explanation.
                        Can i get vxgi reflections on translucent materials? because non appear on my translucent materials.
                        There was no support for VXGI on translucent materials... until now.

I added support for cone tracing functions in materials, see this experimental branch - it's not been tested enough, so I'm not merging it into the official one yet.
                        https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal...slucentTracing

To use this new feature:
                        1. Open a material, make its blend mode Translucent.
                        2. Check the "Vxgi Cone Tracing" box in Translucency section.
                        3. Place a "VxgiTraceCone" primitive onto the material graph, and connect it as you wish. There can be multiple cones, for example reflection and refraction.

For reflections, connect AbsoluteWorldPosition to StartPos, and the result of CustomReflectionVector(Vertex|PixelNormalWS, CameraVector) to Direction. ConeFactor is the cone width, and it's also required - start with 0.1.
                        For refractions, same to StartPos, and custom expression refract(-CameraVector, Vertex|PixelNormalWS, refraction index) to Direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          Updated VXGI branches (both 4.9 and 4.10).

- New build of VXGI with slightly improved performance (0.91 CL 20159377).
                          - New diffuse tracing options: "Refine Sparse Tracing" to fill holes in tracing results, and "Flip Opacity Directions" that changes how occlusion works - sometimes this mode looks better.
                          - Added VxgiAnchor actor class to allow users explicitly control clip-map location - it's in the Lights category. When there is no such actor or it is disabled, the clip-map is located in front of the camera, as before. The precedence of VxgiAnchor's over each other is undefined, i.e. if multiple anchors are enabled, one of them will work, but there's no guarantee which one. They can also be controlled from Blueprint.
                          Fingers crossed. I'm hoping this will fix my fps issue.
                          @galaxyman. Anything new on your merge? is this update included?
                          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

@Alexey: Thank you for telling me that PCSS is coming to UE4. But I didn't know you were developping an impressive tech called HBAO+ Ultra, released with Assassin's Creed Syndicate and it looks even better than HBAO+. In fact it is more prominent and may alone, define the whole scene like what those white pics show :http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gui...formance-guide

I hope lightshafts' tech from Fallout 4 gets also integrated in UE4.

Thanks

Edit: I just read that Assassin's Creed Syndicate introduced PCSS Ultra too. I hope this version of it gets integrated in UE4.
                            Last edited by Nudlegaru; 11-20-2015, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Sharing my first efforts with Hairworks in Unreal here. Huge thanks to Galaxyman for the build! Donation sent

Animation is pretty crude, just there to show the fur reacting to movement and the multiple lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IfritTitles_001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	1093618
                              http://andrewleyconcepts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                                There was no support for VXGI on translucent materials... until now.

I added support for cone tracing functions in materials, see this experimental branch - it's not been tested enough, so I'm not merging it into the official one yet.
                                https://github.com/apanteleev/Unreal...slucentTracing

To use this new feature:
                                1. Open a material, make its blend mode Translucent.
                                2. Check the "Vxgi Cone Tracing" box in Translucency section.
                                3. Place a "VxgiTraceCone" primitive onto the material graph, and connect it as you wish. There can be multiple cones, for example reflection and refraction.

For reflections, connect AbsoluteWorldPosition to StartPos, and the result of CustomReflectionVector(Vertex|PixelNormalWS, CameraVector) to Direction. ConeFactor is the cone width, and it's also required - start with 0.1.
                                For refractions, same to StartPos, and custom expression refract(-CameraVector, Vertex|PixelNormalWS, refraction index) to Direction.
                                Thank you so much to share this ! I will try this today.

Comment

Working...
                                X