No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next update. Flex component now can utilise the fluid shader for the main particles, and a separate material for the diffuse particles. Just need to clean up the code, do some more testing and will upload all I have done.

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/6MniOLj.gif[/shot]
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hey guys, I've been working on a Blender exporter add on to get Blender hair particle systems into HairWorks. So far I've only tested it in the HairWorks Viewer but I want to publish what I have so far. All relevant info on this thread : https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...017#post416017
      HairWorks Exporter For Blender

Comment

Hello Everyone....

I Have Downloaded Nvidia TurbulenceSample And Open This Project In UnrealEngine-4.9.2_NVIDIA_Techs But When I Simulate The Editor Crash.... I Don't Know Why Case I am So New In Unreal Engine... Please Help Me... And If Possible Give Me Another Turbulence Sample Project That Works...

Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by Mendax47 View Post
          Hello Everyone....

I Have Downloaded Nvidia TurbulenceSample And Open This Project In UnrealEngine-4.9.2_NVIDIA_Techs But When I Simulate The Editor Crash.... I Don't Know Why Case I am So New In Unreal Engine... Please Help Me... And If Possible Give Me Another Turbulence Sample Project That Works...

Thanks....
          Its possible that the sample will not work because my branch uses newer Turbulence DLLs (Ones compatible with UE4 4.9) but I will test and update this post with my results.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            Its possible that the sample will not work because my branch uses newer Turbulence DLLs (Ones compatible with UE4 4.9) but I will test and update this post with my results.
            Thanks GalaxyMan2015...

Comment

Originally posted by Mendax47 View Post
              Thanks GalaxyMan2015...
              Tested the Turbulence test project from the NVIDIA branch, no issues. What are your PC specs? Is it possible you dont have a capable GPU maybe?

Comment

Latest changes have been committed. Includes

- Flex Component particle mode, allows unlimited - capped at container size - particles, and saving of particle positions in simulation, and custom defining of particle positions using blueprints
                - Flex Component Fluid rendering - Now not confined to cascade (Which is still good for flowing fluid)
                - Diffuse particles
                - Permanent deformation of soft bodies
                - Editor integrations, you can see the particle positions in editor (including saved simulation ones)

An example of the editor options for the new Flex Component:
                [shot]http://i.imgur.com/oJ2ZL0p.jpg[/shot]

Fluid test:

Since this is all Work in Progress stuff, expect problems, and not optimized performance.

Comment

wow impressive , i can download it right now or still not implemented in the latest branch?
                  Last edited by iuhiuh; 11-08-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    Tested the Turbulence test project from the NVIDIA branch, no issues. What are your PC specs? Is it possible you dont have a capable GPU maybe?
                    I Am Using A Laptop Intel core i5 - 2.29 GHz
                    Ram - 8GB
                    Nvidia GT 840M - 2GB RAM

All TechDemo Are Working Fine Without Turbulence... It Still Crash The Editor When I Click Simulate.....

Comment

Hey there. I'm rather new to all this GameWorks stuff, so my first question would be if it's normal that any github link I click on brings up a 404 error? Like the link in the first post of this thread, which I would assume is the link everyone's using. That one doesn't work for me for example. Everything linked to GameWorks brings up a 404 error.

EDIT: Nevermind! Fixed it. I forgot to link up my Github account with my Epic Games account.
                      Last edited by exodune; 11-09-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
                        @Mike @Alexey. Is there a plan from NVidia to add PCSS to UE4 like the one from Ubisoft games?
                        We're considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
                          We're considering it.
                          That is a great news

I hope we will also see this awesome tech in the near future : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060469

Comment

So much amazing stuff in this thread! =D Thanks GalaxyMan.

Has anyone else had any luck displaying flex fluid particles in VR? They only look correct in the left eye view for me.

Comment

@aleexy
                              Yesterday Nvidia announced support for Gameworks tech in UE mainly multires shading and VR SLI in addition to what is currently supported..
                              will it be in main branch or in gameworks NV github UE branch having flex,vxgi?

Comment

Originally posted by DanMaksim View Post
                                So much amazing stuff in this thread! =D Thanks GalaxyMan.

Has anyone else had any luck displaying flex fluid particles in VR? They only look correct in the left eye view for me.
                                I wasnt aware there was an issue with VR, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have a DK2 here, so I will see what I can do to resolve.

Comment

Working...
                                X