NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thanks for such spectacular work with version 4.9.2
    Last edited by SIMPLEYGENIAL; 11-05-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarecoin View Post
      Thanks GalaxyMan. As someone hoping to do some cinematic work in the coming months, to see progress being made on hair stuff is an enormous load off my mind. Once payday comes around I'll definitely try and chip in a donation somewhere.

Any idea how hairworks would ever interact with VXGI?
      I plan to take a look at HairWorks and VXGI and HBAO+ but it probably wont happen soon.

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
      I wonder if I did something wrong. I didn't run the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, and yet it recompiled, added the Substance files and Substance is working in my projects. I see them at least and don't get errors, but maybe there is something I'm missing or not seeing that I should. I did have a situation where a cloned UE project wouldn't build. It would get to about 90% and stall, even when I deleted all of my assets from the level. Starting with a fresh blank level doesn't have this problem.

-Sterling
      You don't always need to run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, I just find it easier to run it anytime I make changes to the files/folders in the Engine.
      NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
      Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

GalaxyMan2015, can you give me some help? I've been trying to link my unreal and github accounts but somehow I keep getting the 404 error while trying to access the VXGI files.

As far as I know I did it fine. I edited my profile and typed my github user name in the correspondent slot, but nothing happens.. I might be doing something wrong considering the fact that English is not my native language. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
          - Core profile, and I think 4.4 should be enough.
          - Incompatibility with AMD drivers is known, but we haven't investigated it. Maybe it's an AMD GL driver bug.
          - No specific plans regarding Linux support, but it's likely to happen.
          Ok thanks!
          also forgot to ask about Android support.. similar to Nvidia FLEX has now Android support or it's a crazy suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            Engine\Plugins. Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat and compile
            Hi, i need more advices to compile it ... do i have to copy/paste substance folder in plugin folder of your branch before to run setup.bat or after run it to download dependencies ?
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by juliax View Post
              Hi, i need more advices to compile it ... do i have to copy/paste substance folder in plugin folder of your branch before to run setup.bat or after run it to download dependencies ?
              Thanks.
              After, you should compile the engine first (after following the instructions). Then go and place the substance plugin in the plugins directory (It has to be the source version, the marketplace version will not work) and then compile again, it should pickup the fact that a new plugin exists and compile it.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                After, you should compile the engine first (after following the instructions). Then go and place the substance plugin in the plugins directory (It has to be the source version, the marketplace version will not work) and then compile again, it should pickup the fact that a new plugin exists and compile it.
                ok thanks it's more clear now. I will try this.

Comment

Heres a couple of updates from things I was working on prior to the HairWorks updates.

Flex Plastic Deformation

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/Prfjjr1.jpg[/shot]

Flex Particle Component (Contains 225,000 particles)

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/2HUO6Tv.gif[/shot]

Basically its an option on the Flex Component to enable Particle mode, which allows you to configure particles directly, this has some advantages over using cascade, such as:

- Specific placement of particles using blueprints (Also comes with Fill Volume, Shape, and Particle Grid)

- Unlimited (Up to the Max Container amount) number of particles, not limited by the max number of particles in UE4. Will just continue to render more and more batches as more particles are added

- Can save the flex simulation results like you can with other Flex objects, so setting up the Sand Castle example becomes very easy or bodies of water at rest

- Dynamically spawn in particles at any given time

- Uses the same particle rendering as particle systems, so should be pretty efficient

I have plans to allow for fluid rendering. I have no plans to remove the cascade portion, because that is handy for flowing liquid. I just find it easier to work with bodies of water and solid shapes using this component.

Comment

holy **** that flex is amazing
                    one off topic question : i know you have worked on tressFX, do you know how it was there? did the hair react to the movement?

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                      holy **** that flex is amazing
                      one off topic question : i know you have worked on tressFX, do you know how it was there? did the hair react to the movement?
                      It does, but you have to limit the translation movement, otherwise it reacts weirdly, like stretches out

Comment

@Mike @Alexey. Is there a plan from NVidia to add PCSS to UE4 like the one from Ubisoft games?

Comment

Another small update for FLEX coming soon. Diffuse particles (Secondary particles created during fluid simulation). Will be working on being able to use the fluid shader with the flex component before I upload.

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/taKZ2o8.gif[/shot]

Comment

This is really cool GalaxyMan. I havent really messed with any of the gameworks builds but its fun to watch all this progress. Cant wait to see more!

Comment

Very nice Galaxyman2015!!

I have been flexing too ;P and I have a few questions:
                              It seems that flex actor is not widely exposed to blueprints. I have only found flex rope component. also I was trying to get the location of a flex softbody and a flex cloth and it looks like the static mesh component would not record the location of the flex actor, so there is no way to get the location of the flexa ctor. Weirdly (at least this is what happens to me) I can get the location of a rigit flex actor, but not of a soft nor a cloth flex actor. Have you seen this?

Thanks for the great work merging and expanding the branches galaxyman and a huge thanks to the nvidia team, flex is funky

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                                Very nice Galaxyman2015!!

I have been flexing too ;P and I have a few questions:
                                It seems that flex actor is not widely exposed to blueprints. I have only found flex rope component. also I was trying to get the location of a flex softbody and a flex cloth and it looks like the static mesh component would not record the location of the flex actor, so there is no way to get the location of the flexa ctor. Weirdly (at least this is what happens to me) I can get the location of a rigit flex actor, but not of a soft nor a cloth flex actor. Have you seen this?

Thanks for the great work merging and expanding the branches galaxyman and a huge thanks to the nvidia team, flex is funky
                                I have exposed FlexComponent to blueprints in one of my prior commits, so my branch at this point should allow that (Not much is accessible from it, such as container instance properties, etc. am working on that). And yes I have had issues getting location data from flex actors. I did have a workaround (using custom location handling) but it broke rigid bodies, so will try again at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X