No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive pushed my changes for Multiple Light Support for HairWorks to my branch, so please obtain the latest version if you want to try. Bare in mind, this is still a Work in Progress, so not everything is working. As I said earlier can support 32 light sources (Inverse Square only) and you must activate the console command "r.forwardlighting 1" otherwise it will just continue to use the original HairWorks lighting shaders.

Known issues are:

- Shadows may or may not work depending on light source type (I believe only directional light will cast shadows onto the hair)
    - Point lights will not cast a hair shadow onto other objects (Spotlights and Directional light will)
    - Glint parameters don't do anything at this time

Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 11-05-2015, 12:58 AM.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

guys any solution for my problem? :|
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
        guys any solution for my problem? :|
        Depends on how multibounce console command is handled. Maybe matinee ignores it, I have no idea, not until I take a look deeper.

Comment

Oh i figured it out. It turns out i haven't put multibounce console command to my consolevariables.ini file. That fixed the problem.
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            You need to obtain the source from the allegorithmic github, extract only the substance plugin out and place that into the 4.9.2 branch and compile. https://github.com/Allegorithmic/Unr...s/tag/4.9.0.10
            Hell froze over.

I got it working. GalaxyMan2015, thanks for your patience with me. Rarely do things go smoothly for me, but once I'm up and running, the world is my oyster. Can't wait to get started with this. I'll share as I go along.

Cheers,

Sterling
            Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
              Hell froze over.

I got it working. GalaxyMan2015, thanks for your patience with me. Rarely do things go smoothly for me, but once I'm up and running, the world is my oyster. Can't wait to get started with this. I'll share as I go along.

Cheers,

Sterling
              Hi, i'm also interest to integrate substance plugin in galaxyman tech branch. Where do you extract plugin before compile the branch ?? in which folder ? thanks
              Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by juliax View Post
                Hi, i'm also interest to integrate substance plugin in galaxyman tech branch. Where do you extract plugin before compile the branch ?? in which folder ? thanks
                Best regards.
                Engine\Plugins. Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat and compile

Comment

ok, thanks a lot.
                  Cheers

Comment

Ive pushed my changes for Multiple Light Support for HairWorks to my branch, so please obtain the latest version if you want to try. Bare in mind, this is still a Work in Progress, so not everything is working. As I said earlier can support 32 light sources (Inverse Square only) and you must activate the console command "r.forwardlighting 1" otherwise it will just continue to use the original HairWorks lighting shaders.

Known issues are:

- Shadows may or may not work depending on light source type (I believe only directional light will cast shadows onto the hair)
                    - Point lights will not cast a hair shadow onto other objects (Spotlights and Directional light will)
                    - Glint parameters don't do anything at this time

looks epic but i can see the movement is still limited :/ only works with wind to move the hair lol

Comment

Originally posted by iuhiuh View Post
                      looks epic but i can see the movement is still limited :/ only works with wind to move the hair lol
                      I am not improving the movement, thats contained within the HairWorks DLL, I cannot change it. Its designed to work with rotation and bone movement, if thats not enough, then you will have to implement your own hair rendering system.

Comment

Hey GalaxyMan,

I just downloaded your latest build and apparently the demo maps are missing. I remember the last time I checked it out...there was the cornell box and according to the pptx file about VXGI there should also be the scifi hallway.

Did you remove them or is this something unexpected by you?

Besides that...the build works flawless
                        Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
                          Hey GalaxyMan,

I just downloaded your latest build and apparently the demo maps are missing. I remember the last time I checked it out...there was the cornell box and according to the pptx file about VXGI there should also be the scifi hallway.

Did you remove them or is this something unexpected by you?

Besides that...the build works flawless
                          There are no examples provided with mine (except the WaveWorks one), you have to get the samples from the NVIDIA branches themselves. Once my GameWorks game gets to a reasonable point, I will be uploading that as the sample, to show how you could use the GameWorks techs in an actual game.

Comment

New commit, Exponential Height Fog support for HairWorks meshes.

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/PWOqVCt.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Thanks GalaxyMan. As someone hoping to do some cinematic work in the coming months, to see progress being made on hair stuff is an enormous load off my mind. Once payday comes around I'll definitely try and chip in a donation somewhere.

Any idea how hairworks would ever interact with VXGI?

Comment

I wonder if I did something wrong. I didn't run the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, and yet it recompiled, added the Substance files and Substance is working in my projects. I see them at least and don't get errors, but maybe there is something I'm missing or not seeing that I should. I did have a situation where a cloned UE project wouldn't build. It would get to about 90% and stall, even when I deleted all of my assets from the level. Starting with a fresh blank level doesn't have this problem.

-Sterling
                                Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Working...
                                X