No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update. HairWorks multi light support. Uses the same lighting code as Translucent Surface Per-Pixel material. So has up to 32 light sources (Inverse Squared Falloff only). and currently requires "r.forwardlighting 1" to be set:

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/0vIirCV.jpg[/shot]

Still have a couple of things to work on, and cleanup the code a little, then I will upload. Should be sometime in the next day or so.
    Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 11-04-2015, 10:24 AM.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
      Thanks. I'm in the middle of unzipping the download. the GitHub client was being bitchy. In unzipping, which it is still doing, It errored out saying the path was too long on a few files, so I had to skip them. Now I'm thinking I should have extracted to my c: drive instead of within my downloads folder. In the meantime, it's still extracting, with an estimated 30 minutes to go. I'm on an 8 core machine using an SSD, wow this is slow!

http://prntscr.com/8yvufp
      Hi, i encountered the same issue, to solve it unzip the archive only in C:\

Comment

Hello guys.
        Is anyone experiencing this problem. In editor multibounce working, but after render using matinee its not working. Don't know what's happening. 4.8 and 4.9 are the same...

+bonus in editor picture :P

Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
          Just a quick update. HairWorks multi light support. Uses the same lighting code as Translucent Surface Per-Pixel material. So has up to 32 light sources (Inverse Squared Falloff only). and currently requires "r.forwardlighting 1" to be set:

Still have a couple of things to work on, and cleanup the code a little, then I will upload. Should be sometime in the next day or so.
          holy hell. That looks sick xD
          Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

How do you control a flex container in runtime? I would like my flex actors to not have gravity then activate it with an event.
            Thanks!

Comment

I got everything to unzip, and built the project in VS, but when I launched it I got this message:

http://prntscr.com/8z2v8c
              Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

You sir, are a golden god. when I've got the build, I'l get another image of that dude from the last page.

Question though, since it's forward lighting, will this allow you to add in Shadow-Blur/Attenuation from the viewer?
                my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

The good news is that I got everything to compile and when I load the techdemo project, I can check out the wave works map. When I tried to open a copy of one of my projects I was told to install the Substance plugin, which I tried to do, but kept being told it was installed, which it is for my standard UE 4.9.2 install.

The other thing is that while I see the nodes for the WaveWorks module, are there other sample projects for things like HairFX and VXGI? I did find the VXGI in the post processing actor, but don't even know where to begin with the settings. perhaps there are docs for these things.

Comment

The good news is that I got everything to compile and when I load the techdemo project, I can check out the wave works map. When I tried to open a copy of one of my projects I was told to install the Substance plugin, which I tried to do, but kept being told it was installed, which it is for my standard UE 4.9.2 install.

The other thing is that while I see the nodes for the WaveWorks module, are there other sample projects for things like HairFX and VXGI? I did find the VXGI in the post processing actor, but don't even know where to begin with the settings. perhaps there are docs for these things.
                    You need to make sure that when ur opening ur project, its actually using the right engine. And also when installing the substance plugin, you need to install it to the right engine installation. The substance plugin should work fine with my branch, last I checked.

For doco on the various techs. There is some in the root directory of the branch "UE4_VXGI_Overview.pptx" and "Unreal Engine 4 HairWorks r1-1 releaseNotes.pdf" for FLEX you will need to get the Flex Sample Project from the official NVIDIA branch.

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                      How do you control a flex container in runtime? I would like my flex actors to not have gravity then activate it with an event.
                      Thanks!
                      I dont think you can via the container, since the container is used as just a template to create a container instance that is used to update the simulation. Each component does have a pointer to the Container Template used. Its not accessible from Blueprints. But in C++ you can obtain it via ->ContainerTemplate. You could update the values there, this will most likely also change the asset in the editor too (much like modifying the WaveWorks asset at runtime also changes the Editor one).

The way I handled this in my last version, and I will bring it back, was I tied the gravity a flex container used to the global UE4 gravity, so I could just adjust the gravity of UE4 and all Flex containers updated to use the same new gravity.

Comment

This is awesome! I was just testing out your previous build with Hairworks for the first time last night and was hoping for Multi Light Support. Looking forward to trying the new Branch!!!
                        Michaell Bakalars
                        Creative Director
                        Sprout Concept
                        www.sproutconcept.com

Comment

Why My Infinity Ocean Looks So Bad....?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocean.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	1092606

Comment

Originally posted by 01767456513parag View Post
                            Why My Infinity Ocean Looks So Bad....?
                            I answered you in the other thread you posted in.

Comment

You need to make sure that when ur opening ur project, its actually using the right engine. And also when installing the substance plugin, you need to install it to the right engine installation. The substance plugin should work fine with my branch, last I checked.

For doco on the various techs. There is some in the root directory of the branch "UE4_VXGI_Overview.pptx" and "Unreal Engine 4 HairWorks r1-1 releaseNotes.pdf" for FLEX you will need to get the Flex Sample Project from the official NVIDIA branch.
                              Hmm... When I run the Works branch, I get a project browser, not the usual one with community, learn, marketplace, just projects. I load my cloned project. It says Substance is not installed, takes me to The usual Epic loader with market place selected and Substance info available the marketplace where I'm told it is, so I uninstalled it, then had it install again, but the problem remained.

The splash screen tells me it's trying to load in the Work branch. Next I copied the Substance plugin from the Base 4.9.2 install to the Works branch install. When it loads, I'm told it isn't compatible and may have to be recompiled. Do I need to recompile the engine with the plugin installed? When I search the Branch install in VS, substance doesn't show up.

Sorry if I'm a pain, and thanks for the info on the docs I can't wait to dig in.

-Sterling

Comment

Hmm... When I run the Works branch, I get a project browser, not the usual one with community, learn, marketplace, just projects. I load my cloned project. It says Substance is not installed, takes me to The usual Epic loader with market place selected and Substance info available the marketplace where I'm told it is, so I uninstalled it, then had it install again, but the problem remained.

The splash screen tells me it's trying to load in the Work branch. Next I copied the Substance plugin from the Base 4.9.2 install to the Works branch install. When it loads, I'm told it isn't compatible and may have to be recompiled. Do I need to recompile the engine with the plugin installed? When I search the Branch install in VS, substance doesn't show up.

Sorry if I'm a pain, and thanks for the info on the docs I can't wait to dig in.

-Sterling
                                You need to obtain the source from the allegorithmic github, extract only the substance plugin out and place that into the 4.9.2 branch and compile. https://github.com/Allegorithmic/Unr...s/tag/4.9.0.10

Comment

Working...
                                X