No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is really hard to tell without having the actual files in front of me, I would suggest grabbing the latest HairWorks Viewer (1.1.1) and taking a look at the Male example "Seth" he has quite long hair working correctly, it comes with a .MAX file so you can see how it was put together.
    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

New version of VXGI has been released on NVIDIA Developer. v0.91 (Actually was released on 22nd). This I guess is a question more to Alexey. The UE4 integration is using CL 19972074. How long for you to upgrade to 20094040? I only ask this, as I was planning to merge some of your changes across to my branch soon, but depending on how far you are from getting the latest merged in, I might just wait until then.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
        Wow that actually looks really great. Multi light support is on my radar, hoping to have something working soon for my project.
        Oh man... i can't wait for multi-lights for HairWorks on UE4!

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

New version of VXGI has been released on NVIDIA Developer. v0.91 (Actually was released on 22nd). This I guess is a question more to Alexey. The UE4 integration is using CL 19972074. How long for you to upgrade to 20094040? I only ask this, as I was planning to merge some of your changes across to my branch soon, but depending on how far you are from getting the latest merged in, I might just wait until then.
          What's new with this VXGI update?

Comment

Thanks for development and work on integration in UE4 always pending updates..!

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble packaging a project using GalaxyMan's 4.9.2 build?

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

You shouldn't have any troubles, I have tested packaging in both development and shipping without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ga.rheault View Post
                  I've install VXGI for 4.9 and everything work fine other than the frame rate of the scene, once VXGI activated in the post process, drop from 45fps to 5fps... now i know my graphic card isn't the new generation (i have a 780), is this the reason why ? do i absolutely need a 900 series to have a good fps ?
                  Open game console (press ~ key ) and write: r.vxgi.mapsize 64

Comment

Originally posted by Abbeysaurus View Post
                    Is anyone else having trouble packaging a project using GalaxyMan's 4.9.2 build?
                    Galaxymans 4.9.2_NVIDIA_Techs branch packages fine for me, and I had trouble with the NVIDIA branches not packaging before switching to it.

The only unclear thing for me (being new) from the steps on GitHub was that I also needed set my configuration set to 'Development' rather than 'Development Editor' after step 5 and then building 'UE4' again.
                    This is to generate UE4Game.exe which apparently is a necessary step to get packaging working.

Make sure to switch back to 'Development Editor' before launching with debug.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinan View Post
                      EDIT

Now it packs, but the exe file crashes ... mmm i ll check on my side first
                      Check content of your Unreal Engine 4 Editor (directory "Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty" ) and compare with file structure of your packaged build (directory "WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty" ). For example, if you have "Waveworks" directory in editor and it is missing in packaged build, you should copy this directory to packaged build.

Comment

About new VXGI 0.91 beta..

New version of VXGI has been released on NVIDIA Developer. v0.91.. so a few questions to Alexey:
                        *Regarding OGL4 path what OpenGL requeriments for non NV GPUs.. from shaders seems requires GL4.3?
                        *also requires Compatibility profile or core profile?

also tested new VXGI OpenGL4 path with Nvidia and AMD GPUs..
                        on AMD GPU both samples render incorrectly even disabling NV extensions usage..
                        *it's a NV library bug or AMD OpenGL bug so I can report to AMD driver developers?

also even VXGI OpenGL path isn't integrated on UE4 OpenGL renderer yet,
                        *can we get VXGI support Linux?
                        of course only OGL path supported there..

Comment

The version on DevZone is not that different from the version currently used in UE4, most of the changes are related to OpenGL and others are small performance improvements. And there are some functional changes made after 20094040, specifically I added a tracing refinement pass that allows you to use e.g. 4x sparse diffuse tracing on scenes with very fine geometry and still get a complete result, without holes. I'll probably update the version in UE4 this week, to include those new changes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarbg View Post
                            New version of VXGI has been released on NVIDIA Developer. v0.91.. so a few questions to Alexey:
                            *Regarding OGL4 path what OpenGL requeriments for non NV GPUs.. from shaders seems requires GL4.3?
                            *also requires Compatibility profile or core profile?

also tested new VXGI OpenGL4 path with Nvidia and AMD GPUs..
                            on AMD GPU both samples render incorrectly even disabling NV extensions usage..
                            *it's a NV library bug or AMD OpenGL bug so I can report to AMD driver developers?

also even VXGI OpenGL path isn't integrated on UE4 OpenGL renderer yet,
                            *can we get VXGI support Linux?
                            of course only OGL path supported there..
                            - Core profile, and I think 4.4 should be enough.
                            - Incompatibility with AMD drivers is known, but we haven't investigated it. Maybe it's an AMD GL driver bug.
                            - No specific plans regarding Linux support, but it's likely to happen.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing some test with Vxgi and it looks great!
                              I have a question, sorry if it has already been told. It seems that transparent shader are not taken in account, but I've seen in the VXGI presentation an exemple of a custom shader that does that, is there a way to have it in Unreal ? I'm not used with shader development, but I'm willing to try and learn it if I have to..

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry93 View Post
                                Hi everyone, I'm currently doing some test with Vxgi and it looks great!
                                I have a question, sorry if it has already been told. It seems that transparent shader are not taken in account, but I've seen in the VXGI presentation an exemple of a custom shader that does that, is there a way to have it in Unreal ? I'm not used with shader development, but I'm willing to try and learn it if I have to..
                                Right, translucent objects currently cannot be lit by VXGI in UE. Custom shaders, like one you saw in the GDC/GTC presentation, are supported by VXGI and can be used for things like reflections or refractions on translucent objects, but that hasn't been integrated into UE yet, and there are no specific plan for this feature. But if you or anyone else wishes to add it, feel free to do so; I can help with the VXGI side. Basically, you need to write a material shader that calls VxgiTraceCone(...) and compile that shader with VXGI::IShaderCompiler::compileConeTracingPixelShader(...) - see the comments for this function in GFSDK_VXGI.h. Then use IGlobalIllumination::setupUserDefinedConeTracingPixelShaderState(...) to get the parts of pipeline needed for tracing, set that state, and draw the meshes.

Comment

Working...
                                X