No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@galaxyman Ok i got ur 4.9.2 gameworks version compiled ,but ehn starting it gives an error saying "Expecting ShaderCompilerWorker ouput version 1,got 1000 instead ,forget to build shadercompiler" however when i rebuild it it still doesnt work,it crahes after that strangly saying its leap motion plugin fault,ipll guess i need help with that ^^

Comment

okay dont rly now whats diff now but after the second rebuild of shader compiler i dont get this error anymore,however its still crashing giving leap motion the fault

Edit: i got it starting like the official older nvidia branches do,however it only works when i dc the leap motion from my computer,but i kind of rly need that one any idea why it wouldnt start with it connected?
      Last edited by Game is boring; 10-27-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey.Panteleev View Post
        Thank you for noticing this. There is nothing wrong with your setup or configuration, and there is a performance regression. And GalaxyMan guessed right that it's caused by refactoring: the new DX11 NVRHI backend works through UE RHI and it turns out that this way is much more expensive on the CPU side. I didn't anticipate that, so didn't benchmark that change. Sorry about that.

I'll fix this in the next few days.
        Done - please try the latest official version. I reverted back to the old, less clean, backend, which happens to be much faster.
        This version also fixes some flickering/corruption issues with dynamic geometry such as particles.

Comment

Hey Kettun, if it's coming in rotated 90 degrees in +X axis then your up axis is z and not y. If that's not the case then it might be to do with your models bind pose. If the bind pose is somehow not exporting correctly it could cause offsets, incorrect animations etc.
          HairWorks Exporter For Blender

Comment

Originally posted by Kettun View Post
            Why hello there, I've started grooming out some hair assets for Hairworks and I've run into some... problems.

For information;
            - Using Galaxyman's merged branch of 4.9.1
            - Using a retargetted skeleton/animation set to "Skeleton" in the skeletal mesh
            - Exports from the Hairworks viewer and the Hairworks plugin in Maya have identical results.
            - Rig is the standard A.R.T. Rig
            - Hairworks viewer works fine, cannot load asset settings in UE4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62955[/ATTACH]

It almost looks like the skinning is just... off, but I have no idea what is actually going on. I might just be dumb.

Thanks in advance for any assistance given!
            When you add the Hair component to the Capsule Component, copy the translation and rotation values of your Mesh component to the Hair... then parent the Hair component to the Mesh component.

Twitter | UE4 Marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
              Whats wrong with the reflections? If you enable Specular tracing it turns off SSR/UE4 Reflections in favour of VXGI reflections. Sorry if you have mentioned it already, as u said, its a fast moving thread.
              Sorry for the delay. The behaviour I was seeing (in the NVidia/VXGI) was that I had a choice between vxgi reflections or nothing at all, like in my post earlier. However your latest build has in fact VXGI and SSR, so a big thank you. I am now stuck with the problem that the VXGI performance on a 980ti is abysmal in this latest build 4.9.2.

I will try to merge myself the latest patch (#53 Upgrade to UE 4.9.2 and some functional, performance and build fixes.) hopefully it will boost up performance a little.

Comment

Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                Sorry for the delay. The behaviour I was seeing (in the NVidia/VXGI) was that I had a choice between vxgi reflections or nothing at all, like in my post earlier. However your latest build has in fact VXGI and SSR, so a big thank you. I am now stuck with the problem that the VXGI performance on a 980ti is abysmal in this latest build 4.9.2.

I will try to merge myself the latest patch (#53 Upgrade to UE 4.9.2 and some functional, performance and build fixes.) hopefully it will boost up performance a little.
                I havent included Alexey's latest changes that went back to the old backend, so yes performance won't be as good as it can be. I will get around to merging the changes
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Hello ;
                  I ve built the 4.92 edition with the basic sln configuration But It can t package ... is there a step that I would have missed somewhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinan View Post
                    Hello ;
                    I ve built the 4.92 edition with the basic sln configuration But It can t package ... is there a step that I would have missed somewhere ?
                    Depends what you mean by 4.92 version? Mine or NVIDIAs? Mine will package no problems, NVIDIAs won't (As far as I know, this may have changed recently).

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                      Depends what you mean by 4.92 version? Mine or NVIDIAs? Mine will package no problems, NVIDIAs won't (As far as I know, this may have changed recently).
                      EDIT

Now it packs, but the exe file crashes ... mmm i ll check on my side first
                      Last edited by Kinan; 10-28-2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I don't know if this falls under the Gameworks umbrella per se, but I'd like to mention that the stand-alone APEX clothing tool for creating .apx/.apb works great except for one problem: for some reason it doesn't export tangents data or it's an old format being exported, and this messes up the materials bad in UE4 when the clothing asset is added.

Just wanted to post a heads up in case it might get fixed, as I really like the standalone tool for quickly making clothing assets, but it's currently not useful for production.

Thanks!
                        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Thanks to Galaxyman's personal efforts, my hairworks project is fixed. Weird stuff going on there, but hey.

It's animated over here in a GIF http://i.imgur.com/APQ9idh.gifv

Now all that remains... is waiting until multi-lights are supported.
                          my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                          Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                          I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

Wow that actually looks really great. Multi light support is on my radar, hoping to have something working soon for my project.

Comment

Wow, multi-light is actually with your reach Galaxyman? You're the best!

Comment

Can not understand, what am I doing wrong. Here is my hair setup inside 3Ds MAX: (Sorry for large images, no spoiler tag here V_V)

Click image for larger version

Name:	from_max.png
Views:	1
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1092273

Every spline is connected to its own single vertex, duplicate spline check is passed properly. Collision sphere added (though makes no difference, its ignored for me during sumulation(?))

Inside Viewer, that is what I get:

Click image for larger version

Name:	in_viewer.png
Views:	1
Size:	564.4 KB
ID:	1092274

Many hair strands are missing, also, if I check display 'growth mesh' toggle, I do not see my scalp mesh exported, i.e. nothing visually changes in the viewport.

Still that part of the hair, which is shown, is simulated properly, though seems like it is ignoring collision sphere.

Any ideas where I could go wrong with this setup? Guide lines are here, but not all hair are generated. Also, guide lines seems to be very linear, not smooth as in original.

Comment

Working...
                                X