NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squarecoin View Post
    Changing the subject ever so slightly but any updates on overcoming the snags with the hairworks implementation?
    Yes, actually, the news has been promising on the HairWorks front, and I hope we will have something to share by GDC. Our first pass at it might have limitations on the number of lights, and similar rough edges.

Comment

Originally posted by tim.holm View Post
      I have tried to learn as much as I can about VXGI and it does look really impressive. What I can't quite figure out is if you are able to have inter-objects reflections? I see that the objects reflect each other, but do they reflect parts of themselves?

I don't know if that would be too heavy to render in a game, but it could be perfect for product/architectural visualization with much faster renders etc.
      I think it supports intra-object reflections, but I will check.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Skolones View Post
        Yes, actually, the news has been promising on the HairWorks front, and I hope we will have something to share by GDC. Our first pass at it might have limitations on the number of lights, and similar rough edges.
        Oh it means we won't be getting hairworks implementation until April at least?

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, and I may very well be, GDC is less than a month away in the first week of March.

That means in a month we should at least have a good glimpse at the first semi-realistic hair option in UE4 (unless I've missed something else). For my part, I'd be fine with something with a few rough edges, just to get familiar with the tools.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Glad to hear! Can't wait for a better hair solution. I'm curious, will HairWorks use a custom shader type like Kajiya-Kay? And have you guys found a solution for the depth sorting yet?
            ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
              Glad to hear! Can't wait for a better hair solution. I'm curious, will HairWorks use a custom shader type like Kajiya-Kay? And have you guys found a solution for the depth sorting yet?
              I don't have a lot of details to report yet, but the depth sorting (transparency) and anti-aliasing are some of the big issues we're tackling right now. I don't know anything about Kajiya-Kay, but I'll ask.
              --Mike

Comment

I think it supports intra-object reflections, but I will check.
                Thanks! I will be so happy if it does!

Comment

In your post in page 2 you said Turf is coming this month too . Wow Turf is among the best works anyone can expect. Looking forward to see it . Any news on fluid shader for Flex, VXGI or Turf? I am just impatient to try your awesome magical work. Keep making such magics you techy wizards, I salute you

Comment

When will be VXGI branch available ?
                    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by tim.holm View Post
                      Thanks! I will be so happy if it does!
                      I asked the VXGI team, the answer is yes, VXGI applies to single meshes as well as multiple meshes in the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
                        In your post in page 2 you said Turf is coming this month too . Wow Turf is among the best works anyone can expect. Looking forward to see it . Any news on fluid shader for Flex, VXGI or Turf? I am just impatient to try your awesome magical work. Keep making such magics you techy wizards, I salute you
                        {Cough}. I must have been in an optimistic mood when I wrote that. I'm not sure when we'll see the Turf integration, but I'll check again.

An engineer is working on the fluid shader for FleX, I hope to see it up on the branch before GDC (early March).

Comment

I was hoping to push it to Github this week, but something has come up and VXGI will be delayed until next week. If all goes well, you'll see it by Friday the 13th. {Hmmm.}

Comment

If all goes well, you'll see it by Friday the 13th. {Hmmm.}
                            Ohh, then it will surerly be best date in the month. And I mean it!

Thanks for update (;.
                            https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I asked the VXGI team, the answer is yes, VXGI applies to single meshes as well as multiple meshes in the scene.
                              That is awsome to hear!

Comment

Working...
                              X