No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. TBH, I didn't expect to find it there. Lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Ga.rheault View Post
      I've install VXGI for 4.9 and everything work fine other than the frame rate of the scene, once VXGI activated in the post process, drop from 45fps to 5fps... now i know my graphic card isn't the new generation (i have a 780), is this the reason why ? do i absolutely need a 900 series to have a good fps ?
      yeah same here. Couple of days ago i thought i fixed. But i didn't. I don't know what is causing this issue. Also i have gtx780 too.
      I just compiled last version of ue4 and opened my scene, fps was 40 till i hit play button. After hitting play and closing my scene fps dropped to 5 -11 and never came back.
      Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Maybe they didn't fix VXGI for 4.9.2
        Gabriel Rheault - Technical Artist
        --------------------------
        - www.artstation.com/grheault

Comment

never go full screen lol. After going full screen its going down.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
            The DX12 build errors have nothing to do with what ur machine is capable of, UE4 is D3D12 capable, so it has to build a D3D12 RHI set of classes. Issue is, the VXGI branch has some problems when it comes to packaging due to some data in those classes. If you look thru my branch, I committed a fix to mine that allows for packaging, u can cherry pick this commit and apply it to the NVIDIA branch.
            So i tried the Galaxyman2015/4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs branch, and following the steps, i get the same error on packaging as I had with the Nvidia vxgi, and vxgi-4.9.1 branches.

LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
            PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
            You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
            UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I then tried to build UE4 in visual studio in 'Development' configuration to get UE4Game.exe and the build was successful, but after launching with F5 I get a "UE4Game.exe has triggered a breakpoint" and the following exceptions. First image from before hitting continue from the break point, and the second image for the exceptions after. Also attached the output log. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Or maybe it is something with my configuration.. Sorry, new to this. Really want to use VXGI with my demo, but need to ensure i can package it first. Happy to donate if anyone can help.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MagicBots; 10-25-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
              So i tried the Galaxyman2015/4.9.1_NVIDIA_Techs branch, and following the steps, i get the same error on packaging as I had with the Nvidia vxgi, and vxgi-4.9.1 branches.

PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
              You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
              UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I then tried to build UE4 in visual studio in 'Development' configuration to get UE4Game.exe and the build was successful, but after launching with F5 I get a "UE4Game.exe has triggered a breakpoint" and the following exceptions. First image from before hitting continue from the break point, and the second image for the exceptions after. Also attached the output log. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Or maybe it is something with my configuration.. Sorry, new to this. Really want to use VXGI with my demo, but need to ensure i can package it first. Happy to donate if anyone can help.
              Are you trying to run the packaged game, via the Development configuration in VS? That won't work, as its trying to launch the UE4Game.exe in the Engine binaries directory without any UPROJECT specified. This is most likely why its crashing. After you have built the Development build, you need to switch back to Development Editor and launch the editor and repackage your game, then locate the package location and run the executable there.

UPDATE: I did a Development build and executed in VS. I get the exact same issue, so yeah don't do that. Follow the steps above and it'll package and play fine.
              Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-26-2015, 12:02 AM.
              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Are you trying to run the packaged game, via the Development configuration in VS? That won't work, as its trying to launch the UE4Game.exe in the Engine binaries directory without any UPROJECT specified. This is most likely why its crashing. After you have built the Development build, you need to switch back to Development Editor and launch the editor and repackage your game, then locate the package location and run the executable there.

UPDATE: I did a Development build and executed in VS. I get the exact same issue, so yeah don't do that. Follow the steps above and it'll package and play fine.
                Yes I was launching in 'Development' configuration. Thanks for correcting me.

So I've done a 'rebuild' of UE4 in 'Development' configuration, and now switched back to 'Development Editor' configuration, F5 to debug, and now packaging works, and i can launch from the packaged file! However, I'm still getting this error when I hit the 'launch' button within the editor. It's a different error this time:

LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_92c_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_21a4_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####
                LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\GitHub\VXGI-4.9\Samples\UserContent\SciFiHallway 4.9\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Game.exe ../../../SciFiHallway/SciFiHallway.uproject /Game/Maps/MainMapNV_full_dynamic -stdout -abslog=C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\C+Users+Admin+Documents+GitHub+UnrealEngine\Logs\Client.log -Messaging -nomcp -Windowed -CrashForUAT -SessionId=478DBF624EF33166F881EFBE6F0BCC49 -SessionOwner=Admin -SessionName='Play On Device'
                LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Client exited with error code: 255
                LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at Project.RunStandaloneClient(List`1 DeployContextList, String ClientLogFile, ERunOptions ClientRunFlags, String ClientApp, String ClientCmdLine, ProjectParams Params)
                LogPlayLevel: at Project.RunInternal(ProjectParams Params, String ServerLogFile, String ClientLogFile)
                LogPlayLevel: at Project.Run(ProjectParams Params)
                LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute()
                LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_Unknown
                LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
                LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
                LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Run Task, Time: 2.502395
                PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Unknown Error

But, as long as I can package the project I've got what I need. Thanks!

Comment

I have merged in 4.9.2 changes and created a new branch, link in my signature. Please use this new version going forward, I will no longer be providing support or updating the 4.8 or 4.9.1 branches.

Comment

Thank you. Do i have to redownload or just run setup.bat? (i'm on 9.1)

Comment

Redownload as its a separate branch

Comment

Hi guys,

Been trying to get some of the Nvidia folks to answer some pressing questions on the Flex integration.
                        I'd emailed Mike Skolone but didn't hear from him(as a matter of fact, haven't seen him here for quite a while now)
                        Anybody know how to get hold of the Nvidia folks working on UE-Flex integration?

Many thanks!
                        Melvin.

Comment

Sorry to insist but it seems my question got lost in the very fast paced thread.

Did anyone get normal reflections working (SSR or cubemapped)? (in the Nvidia/VXGI or GalaxyMan2015's compilation)

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin Eng View Post
                            Hi guys,

Been trying to get some of the Nvidia folks to answer some pressing questions on the Flex integration.
                            I'd emailed Mike Skolone but didn't hear from him(as a matter of fact, haven't seen him here for quite a while now)
                            Anybody know how to get hold of the Nvidia folks working on UE-Flex integration?

Many thanks!
                            Melvin.
                            Besides this thread, the only other contact is Alexey (for VXGI) he may be able to forward your questions on to the right people.

Originally posted by vimaxus View Post
                            Sorry to insist but it seems my question got lost in the very fast paced thread.

Did anyone get normal reflections working (SSR or cubemapped)? (in the Nvidia/VXGI or GalaxyMan2015's compilation)
                            Whats wrong with the reflections? If you enable Specular tracing it turns off SSR/UE4 Reflections in favour of VXGI reflections. Sorry if you have mentioned it already, as u said, its a fast moving thread.

Comment

Besides this thread, the only other contact is Alexey (for VXGI) he may be able to forward your questions on to the right people.
                              Hi GalaxyMan,

Uh is it Alexey Kryshen? (only spotted this Alexey in the forum, though doesn't seem quite likely)
                              Or is it some other Alexey?
                              Appreciate the tip :-)

Melvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin Eng View Post
                                Hi GalaxyMan,

Uh is it Alexey Kryshen? (only spotted this Alexey in the forum, though doesn't seem quite likely)
                                Or is it some other Alexey?
                                Appreciate the tip :-)

Melvin.
                                Alexey Panteleev

Comment

Working...
                                X